Oppo Camp Taylor Adams (Traded to Swans 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Ball had a specif quality that we needed which tipped us over the premiership edge. He was the man for the time. Now he's too slow, doesn;t get enough of it and can't kick well enough for this list. Time got him like it does everyone but so did our list management to a degree. Adams has a deficincies we have way too much of. Different times reqire different decisions. Apart from that Ball of 2010/11 was an alround better player than Adams is now and by a margin. Adams of course has some time on his side.True enough. So I'd rather use Beams in the Ball role as we did in 2012 and then find a outside option with good skills. Fasolo or Seedsman may be options. Young isn't.Look, I get all that. I'm not asking for Lenny Hayes. I am asking for players who have poor footskills to be under extreme pressuse wth a view that a few of them must go because it is impossible to win a flag with this list. Too many short players, too many medium paced plodders and too many poor kicks. We have the balance wrong.

We started to address that last year with Freeman and Scharenburg so its not as if these players dont exist. Skilled players like Fasolo and speedy players like Sinclair and Seedsman have also been missing all year due to injury. Agree we need to avoid short people for the next year or two. We have enough.

Just watching the replay of the game. This kid can play. Sure, his ball skills aren't always spot on, but he's a competitive beast. Don't worry about the 100 game milestone, he can play 200.

Last edited:

What makes Taylor Adams elite? I don't see any outstanding qualities that make him elite. I think he can become a good player, but elite I'm not sure.

What makes Taylor Adams elite? I don't see any outstanding qualities that make him elite. I think he can become a good player, but elite I'm not sure.

• Vision
  • Clearance Work
  • Handballing
  • 50/50 Balls
  • Tacking

You're also a big wrap for Armstrong though, so your judgement is questionable at best. :p

• Vision
  • Clearance Work
  • Handballing
  • 50/50 Balls
  • Tacking

Taylor Adams in my mind won't be elite, but will be that hard working player you'll love to have on your team.

Those qualities will make a good player, but I'm still not sold on elite.

If Adams does become elite i won't mind.

You're also a big wrap for Armstrong though, so your judgement is questionable at best. :p

Because Armstrong is one of the very few players on our list who know how to kick.

Taylor Adams in my mind won't be elite, but will be that hard working player you'll love to have on your team.

That is your Opinion.

I am just saying what Bucks is saying.

He thinks he will be elite and that is why we Traded Heater for him

Because Armstrong is one of the very few players on our list who know how to kick.
It's easy to look like you have a good kick when all you do is kick sideways and don't take the game on.

It's easy to look like you have a good kick when all you do is kick sideways and don't take the game on.

Its also easy to look like your a good kick when you are a good kick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He thinks he will be elite and that is why we Traded Heater for him
He would have traded Heater for any guy with a bit of talent willing to be a team player and not behave like an undisciplined child.

He would have traded Heater for any guy with a bit of talent willing to be a team player and not behave like an undisciplined child.

I don’t think he would just give him away

Just for the record his numbers were better than Pendlebury's if you compare their first 2 seasons. Their 3rd year stats Adams is a little behind but Adams was made the sub and to play off half Back.

Keep in mind he has only played 43 games. Will be an elite clearance player.

Just for the record his numbers were better than Pendlebury's if you compare their first 2 seasons. Their 3rd year stats Adams is a little behind but Adams was made the sub and to play off half Back.

Keep in mind he has only played 43 games. Will be an elite clearance player.

The Clearances is the Reason for why we traded him.

Work’s well now with Ball Retired

I don’t think he would just give him away
At what point can we discuss Taylor Adams without mentioning Heath Shaw?? Does this have to come into every discussion?

Why are we still talking about the trade though? Buckley didn't mention the trade, he mentioned Taylor's ability to become elite.

If you bought a car you might initially mention how much it cost you and discuss whether you got a good deal for it. After a year, these conversations wouldn't occur because you would accept what you paid and just discuss how it performs.

I feel like people are constantly canning Adams because they feel he cost us Heater. That is wrong. Heater cost us Heater.

Why are we still talking about the trade though? Buckley didn't mention the trade, he mentioned Taylor's ability to become elite.

If you bought a car you might initially mention how much it cost you and discuss whether you got a good deal for it. After a year, these conversations wouldn't occur because you would accept what you paid and just discuss how it performs.

I feel like people are constantly canning Adams because they feel he cost us Heater. That is wrong. Heater cost us Heater.
Buckley cost us Heater. That's the bigger issue. Sure enough Heath had to pull himself into line but that is only half the picture. Good clubs resolve those situations and both parties prosper. Right now we are not a good club and until we face up to that we won't be one.

I have no issue with recruiting Taylor. Swapping him for Shaw was just poor judgement and having to kick in for some of Shaw's salary was pathetically inept and embarringly weak but that's a position of our making. Salary cap is a major consideration. We used it to justify letting Thomas go and it looks like it might be an issue now with Goldsack and potentially Beams if you belive the Brisbane stories. The deal certainly isn't Taylor's fault but it is Buckley's fault. The situation that was driven by Buckley was that Shaw was out and we had to deal with limetd trade options as a result of backing ourselves up agaisnt a wall.

Adams is at the club now, will be a jet. Hes exactly what we needed with Ball at the end (and now retired) Its pointless working out what he cost except to say he'll be a ten year player and that youngsters like Scharenburg were pencilled in to replace Shaw. Its Sharenburgs injury that has been the disappointment, not Shaws departure. s**t happens.

We all love Heater and would have him back tomorrow. There comes a point where you shouldnt have to put up with his s**t any more and that point came. Whether Buckley made the right or wrong call is irrelevant. We got decent trade value. Without Adams at the club we'd be in an even deeper hole in the future.

Buckley cost us Heater. That's the bigger issue. Sure enough Heath had to pull himself into line but that is only half the picture. Good clubs resolve those situations and both parties prosper. Right now we are not a good club and until we face up to that we won't be one.

I have no issue with recruiting Taylor. Swapping him for Shaw was just poor judgement and having to kick in for some of Shaw's salary was pathetically inept and embarringly weak but that's a position of our making. Salary cap is a major consideration. We used it to justify letting Thomas go and it looks like it might be an issue now with Goldsack and potentially Beams if you belive the Brisbane stories. The deal certainly isn't Taylor's fault but it is Buckley's fault. The situation that was driven by Buckley was that Shaw was out and we had to deal with limetd trade options as a result of backing ourselves up agaisnt a wall.
Heath dug his own grave by behaving in the manner he did. Nobody else to blame for him being moved on. I'm not sad about it either, hated seeing him behave like a petulant child on the field, it was embarrassing.

I would bother to further defend my opinion but since you threw in the age old Beams to Brisbane zinger I won't bother. HES CONTRACTED! Do we offer him more money? If he wants to go we would have to trade him. Not happening.

Last edited:
Heath dug his own grave by behaving in the manner he did. Nobody else to blame for him being moved on. I'm not sad about it either, hated seeing him behave like a petulant child on the field, it was embarrassing.

I would bother to further defend my opinion but since you threw in the age old Beams to Brisbane zinger I won't bother. HES CONTRACTED! Do we offer him more money? If he wants to go we would have up trade him. Not happening.

We where not just going to give Heath away for Nothing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back