Strategy Taylor Adams - MUST NOT BE NEXT CAPTAIN

Remove this Banner Ad

That's why they've shifted to a leadership group. I'm more questioning whether the top of the leadership group - the captain - should be the bloke who leads by the intensely driven example ala Adams, or the bloke who is best at organising others. I'd personally go with the latter.

How many teams captain fit your model who won flags? Outside type who directs traffic.

Majority of the rest fit what I was referring to, atm we may not have a player in the bracket who does both well.

Yes they need to understand the gameplan and direct traffic as well but I think you can have others assist should it be a issue. Which we won't know till he has extended time in the role not many captains are great early days.

How many teams captain fit your model who won flags? Outside type who directs traffic.

Majority of the rest fit what I was referring to, atm we may not have a player in the bracket who does both well.

Yes they need to understand the gameplan and direct traffic as well but I think you can have others assist should it be a issue. Which we won't know till he has extended time in the role not many captains are great early days.
I don't recall saying outside type, but I don't think it's a coincidence that two courageous defenders in Maxi and Hodge are two of the more esteemed captains of recent times. Because defenders sit behind the contest, thus have a better perspective of what's unfolding and have to organise each other.

For us I think we need to focus on a leadership group, as we don't have an individual captain who is complete in terms of everything you want.

Maybe we should make Josh Daicos captain. The opposition wouldn't be expecting it, so we'd have the crucial element of surprise.

I don't recall saying outside type, but I don't think it's a coincidence that two courageous defenders in Maxi and Hodge are two of the more esteemed captains of recent times. Because defenders sit behind the contest, thus have a better perspective of what's unfolding and have to organise each other.

For us I think we need to focus on a leadership group, as we don't have an individual captain who is complete in terms of everything you want.

Yeah but Moore only fits a portion of that descriptor and that is being a defender.
He us not physical like the 2 mentioned, which was my point. I'm not arguing it has to be a mid but I do think it should be someone who can lead through actions (and words) rather then just a finger pointer.

Yeah but Moore only fits a portion of that descriptor and that is being a defender.
He us not physical like the 2 mentioned, which was my point. I'm not arguing it has to be a mid but I do think it should be someone who can lead through actions (and words) rather then just a finger pointer.
With Moore, Adams and Howe not having reliable bodies. Sidey and Grundy currently mojoless, Pendles nearing the end. Just got to go with the leadership group. They might as well just continue to rotate the captaincy for now, like they did when Pendles was injured. Maynard seems too much of a potential loose canon, but maybe he could step up? Mihocek? God knows.

Cant see someone who has never been in the leadership group at the club becoming captain, so that rules Crisp out. I think whomever it will be will come from inside the inner leadership group.
I just assumed he would be. He's taken care of Briskey and Poulter this year so I think he probably deserves promotion. You'd think a Copeland winner is probably a sound choice.

There are many many great players who are not cut out to be in the Captain's position; a guy like Swanny springs instantly to mind. Crisp, while he has become a seriously good player and clearly our most consistent this year, doesn't seem to have "leadership" written over him. Someone like Moore does, for mine.

I think leadership shows itself in many different ways. Crispy's work with the new recruits certainly demonstrates his leadership chips for mine.

Nah. I like Daicos because he has plenty of upside and can grow into the role. Bit like when North made Carey the captain when he was 21. 🙂
Its okay. You didn't get my joke.

Joke aside, I can't see it being someone young. Not leading a young side.

Nick more than Josh would be captain material.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No that was last night actually.
Were you at the game? I was and Moore hasn't displayed great decision making of late, Adams is preferable at the moment.
If decision-making is your standard then Adams is not in the discussion. How have you already forgotten how woeful his disposal was against the Cats?

I swear, people around here have the memory of goldfish.

Nick Daicos for our next captain, the youngest in our history. Adams and Moore are far from suitable, though I think it was hyphen and Cameron that spoiled each other yesterday just for the record.

What is a captain?

Someone who has leadership qualities, someone that others can follow, someone that sets high standards and has high standards, someone that others look up to for guidance.

There are many more qualities that a captain must have but these are the main points.

Taylor Adams can not, must not be the next captain after Scott Pendlebury.

Taylor Adams has been and still is one of our worst decision makers and one of our lowest skilled players, every single week.

A captain has a cool head and is calm in intense situations.

This is not Taylor, he is panicky with his decisions and when he makes a decision (most of the time a horrible decision) he rarely executes.

Don't get me started with list management either, let me just get this off my chest and push it hard so that maybe the incompetent managers at the top get a sniff that we as supporters, we as stake holders (that's what being a member is), we need to be heard and our opinion is often more right than wrong.
We live the club, we watch every game and watch closely the development of young players, we understand players better than Management think we do, we see the players mannerisms out on the field, we understand players mentalities, capabilities and we collectively know what is best for the club.

Taylor would be a sickingly horrible choice as next captain.

It must be someone who is calm and someone that others consistently depend on.

Grundy or Moore, even De Goey, I would have these 3 ahead of Taylor.

Steele is ok too but he would only be captain for 2 maybe 3 seasons.

I would choose Grundy, captain for 7 years +
De Goey? Cannot be serious. Moore is the one IMO

Would have been nice to have Tay’s leadership and hard work yesterday.
He was missed no doubt, so too was a genuine marking forward who can kick straight. Unfortunately though, you don’t know whether he was going to get injured (as he so often does) or kick it to the opposition at a crucial time.

He was missed no doubt, so too was a genuine marking forward who can kick straight. Unfortunately though, you don’t know whether he was going to get injured (as he so often does) or kick it to the opposition at a crucial time.
Yeah look, he would have been handy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back