Strategy Taylor Adams - MUST NOT BE NEXT CAPTAIN

Remove this Banner Ad

Dark horse - ...................... Jack Crisp

we probably need to get someone in from another team because no one in the team can do it....maybe shaun burgoyne.... or josh kennedy from the coasters...

we probably need to get someone in from another team because no one in the team can do it....maybe shaun burgoyne.... or josh kennedy from the coasters...
We need flags - less woke - unrelenting focus on core business please

Kennedy ok - no nice bast*rds thanks

I like the idea of Crispy but it seems strange he is not in the leadership group. He plays well every game, he looks after young players. This is a gross oversight that the new coach should reverse. It is a problem with our recruiting too, clearly we have not identified leaders as part of the talent swooping process.

Honestly don’t get the hate for Adams. Busts his ass each week. Yeah his disposal can be criminal at times, but captains aren’t always the “best” player. Nick Maxwell wasn’t an elite footballer, but he gave his all each week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think we have any other options - which is such a poor reflection on current circumstance.
Our reliance on him both on the field for his play and for his leadership has been a real indictment on our club. We haven't been able to take the pressure off him much at all.

I like the idea of Crispy but it seems strange he is not in the leadership group. He plays well every game, he looks after young players. This is a gross oversight that the new coach should reverse. It is a problem with our recruiting too, clearly we have not identified leaders as part of the talent swooping process.

Cant be trusted in Zoom meetings though...

6 Clangers (5 in the first half leading to opposition scores)
10 of his 19 kicks were deemed "ineffective" or led to turnovers

All of his handpasses were deemed effective....maybe he should learn something?

I'd love to see Taylor Adams spend some time picking "Diesel" William's brain. If he can add disposal "parity" to his game, then we might have a captain on our hands instead of a liability.

6 Clangers (5 in the first half leading to opposition scores)
10 of his 19 kicks were deemed "ineffective" or led to turnovers

All of his handpasses were deemed effective....maybe he should learn something?

I'd love to see Taylor Adams spend some time picking "Diesel" William's brain. If he can add disposal "parity" to his game, then we might have a captain on our hands instead of a liability.
This is his 10th season. He is not going to miraculously correct his issues. We got sold a lemon by GWS. Best to move him on.

That can't be right, I remember him handpassing to the opposition and thinking **** me dead he can't hit a target by hand either.
Was thinking same thing , and not long after that was thinking can't f***ing kick either.

Honestly don’t get the hate for Adams. Busts his ass each week. Yeah his disposal can be criminal at times, but captains aren’t always the “best” player. Nick Maxwell wasn’t an elite footballer, but he gave his all each week

Maxwell was a limited player yes, but he wasn't a clanger king like Adam's. Both heart & soul players though.

Moore for Captain

Plays too placid (physically), and can't see him putting the wind up others who don't put in the required work or physically have a crack.

For all the crap I used to hang on Maxwell he had a couple of key qualities that galvanised the group. He never shirked the contest, was willing to cross the line on occasion and was a hard trainer. Seemingly galvanised a group which included the ransack squad.

Voss was similar and Riccuito, Cotchin with Richmond added a harder edge and is now a dirty sniper. Mitchell like cotchin. Hodge as well physical captains. T.Shaw in 90.

Pendles imo is a pro at setting training standards but does not lead physically on field, imo next captain must be capable of cracking in not just look great weaving in traffic. Pendles has always stood in the contest never puts his body in harms way to crash through when its been required, the softest period of footy I've seen pies play has been under his watch.

Adams imo is the ideal interim captain, let him bridge between pendles and the next gen coming through. He is one of the hardest trainers, puts his body on the line weekly, never takes a backwards step and will set standards for attacking the contest and player.

Grundy main priority isn't even to flag anymore according to his article back when he signed his 7 mil deal.
It shows too as imo he has lost his aggression.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back