Oppo Camp Taylor Adams (Traded to Swans 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

His kicking was bloody frustrating tonight and was praying for him to kick one of those goals.

It's definitely a confidence thing. I remember his highlights from GWS and he kicked some beautiful long set shots and goals on the run. You don't lose that ability overnight.

I think his nerves has got the better of him since he's been with us. Big club, playing on the big stage.

Kid is only 20 , he will be right.

7 tackles was a good return and some of his hand balls into space were outstanding.

He had a shocker, but is clearly feeling pressure to perform at a big club compared to his previous club.

I believe he is nervous about cementing his spot in the seniors, because every seniors game he plays, he looks proper scared. However, every VFL game or nab game, he looks composed and well above that level.

He is a better player than we have seen so far, just uber nervous about trying to crack a good side. He'll get there, no worries about that.

Yea Adams s better than this. Not sure what's up it's rather worrying, hopefully just a psychological thing that will pass. Seems to have the skills just lost it right now.

A thread dedicated to the kicking of one player in one game? Bit rough!
One game? You obviously don't follow our VFL team, his kicking is a major concern, he's in danger of being down graded to the rookie list come seasons end IMO, he's been a major flop to date.

One game? You obviously don't follow our VFL team, his kicking is a major concern, he's in danger of being down graded to the rookie list come seasons end IMO, he's been a major flop to date.
Cloke shanks kicks, Goldsack drops marks, Harry takes on one player too many. At least we look at their overall contributions instead of just "zeroing in" on one deficiency.

Cloke shanks kicks, Goldsack drops marks, Harry takes on one player too many. At least we look at their overall contributions instead of just "zeroing in" on one deficiency.
He's a mid mate, and he panics when he's in space, hate to say it but I think tonight was the last time you'll see him in a senior jumper for a while, he won't be playing next week, if he can't sort his kicking out by years end he'll be lucky to hold a senior list spot IMO.

First of all, Goldsack does not drop marks.

Second of all, the frequency of kicking the footy in a match is far more than any of the above scenarios happening.

Thirdly, it's not one deficiency, his goalkicking, was woeful. Numerous times he handballed it straight to the opposition.

First of all, Goldsack does not drop marks.

Second of all, the frequency of kicking the footy in a match is far more than any of the above scenarios happening.

Thirdly, it's not one deficiency, his goalkicking, was woeful. Numerous times he handballed it straight to the opposition.
Sorry, I was inferring to general observations on BF forums, not my own personal opinions. The point I was trying to make is if a player is down , we don't usually target them for just one aspect of their game by creating a dedicated thread to it.

I don't think he is a terrible user of the ball, but he was shocking last night. I believe 100% that his problem is between the ears, and that eventually he will be very good for us.

Needs to be dropped.

He would of cost us the game tonight if we were playing a half decent team... unacceptably shocking kicking in an era were poor kicking is punished more than ever.

Very disappointing, deserves a roast thread even though he tries hard
Roast thread?
Poor form Blaze.

Everyone can see he was down on kicking form how about some support and encouragement, never know what he might be able to do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just out of interest, what was has disposal like when with GWS, does anyone know? How does he compare so far this year versus the last 2 years?

I think he may be trying a little too hard to make his mark in the team and just needs a some time to settle.
The same. It was one of the reasons GWS did not offer him the size of the contract Collingwood did. He is hard at it, back you up all day, but always tried to do too much and take on the tackler, then turn it over!
I actually thought he looked rushed last night.
Don't worry Heater has had some awful clangers so far for the Giants.

He was good tonight! Yes, his kicking was slightly off but the bloke is in a new team trying to adjust and impress. With game time he'll come good. This thread sucks! We don't need a negative thread about something we all should agree on; not good enough yet, but will get better. Thomas was good tonight, I'm happy with his game as a like for like player but make no mistake when Ball retires we'll seem them both getting games and doing very well in tandem.

Young on the other hand. For someone who is lauded for his supreme kicking, was shocking. Consistently kicks it too deep. It's like he's been given a license to kick 60m and does so when he should be spotting up the switch 40m inward to a loose man in the forward half of the corridor. Would take Seedsman every day of the week before Young. It's not even a question for me - he's also the wrong choice moving forward, we need to get games into other youngsters. I guess I should post that opinion in the player review thread.

He was good tonight! Yes, his kicking was slightly off but the bloke is in a new team trying to adjust and impress. With game time he'll come good. This thread sucks! We don't need a negative thread about something we all should agree on; not good enough yet, but will get better. Thomas was good tonight, I'm happy with his game as a like for like player but make no mistake when Ball retires we'll seem them both getting games and doing very well in tandem.

Young on the other hand. For someone who is lauded for his supreme kicking, was shocking. Consistently kicks it too deep
. It's like he's been given a license to kick 60m and does so when he should be spotting up the switch 40m inward to a loose man in the forward half of the corridor. Would take Seedsman every day of the week before Young. It's not even a question for me - he's also the wrong choice moving forward, we need to get games into other youngsters. I guess I should post that opinion in the player review thread.

Yeah...umm, what?

Yeah...umm, what?
Conveniently left out the part where I said a negative thread about something we all should agree on.

Point is. Some people swoon over Young when in my opinion he wasn't good enough. But everyone knows Adams will need time. It's practically the consensus of all three pages of this thread.

You don't need to be Einstein mate.

Given where our list is at with kicking efficiency... I have to question the wisdom of getting a guy with massive deficiencies in this area to the club.

It's not that he doesn't have the skill because he's shown that at VFL level he's just getting anxious now.
Needs to settle down he will be right. It will just click then.

His kicking was bloody frustrating tonight and was praying for him to kick one of those goals.

It's definitely a confidence thing. I remember his highlights from GWS and he kicked some beautiful long set shots and goals on the run. You don't lose that ability overnight.

I think his nerves has got the better of him since he's been with us. Big club, playing on the big stage.

Kid is only 20 , he will be right.

7 tackles was a good return and some of his hand balls into space were outstanding.

Hmmm, interesrubg.

And did his highlight reel show any of his missed shots at GWS...? Any shanked field kcks? No? Mustn't have happened then. You are right, must be a confidence thing about being at our club...

You don't cut a player for nerves you cut them for not being good enough. He just needs that senior game time.
I agree. I remember the first 11 games of 2010 when Ball and Jolly were under question and most people weren't happy with their outputs to that point, with only Jolly showing some scope. But most people were happy to afford them time! They came good in the second half of the year, they came very good! With time, Adams will too. He shows he has what it takes and that's all we need after his fourth or fifth full game at the club. He'll get there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back