Oppo Camp Taylor Adams (Traded to Swans 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Young kid. 18 disposals and 7 tackles... a decent game, just made some mistakes, particularly in front of goal.

I think he is lucky that our next two games are against Melbourne and the Bulldogs - a couple more games to rotate players through... I don't think its a bad time to give him some more opportunity, but he would have to do a lot to keep his spot once the Hawthorn game comes around.

Marley Williams was seen as a poor kick early doors but seems to have sorted it out. Hope Adams can follow suit. it can be done. he does everything else well. time is on his side
Good post, beat me to it. Last season Marley's default kick was the mung floater straight onto an opponent's chest. Now that the nerves and adrenalin have dissipated this year, his disposal is markedly improved. Adams clearly has the talent and I'm confident his composure in disposal will rapidly improve just the same.

Adams was terrible.. kicking is embarrassing really...and he's had 5 games already this year with us and 2 years at GWS.. He is NOT a rookie.. Josh Thomas just settled any arguments tonight...

5 games but Two as a sub, one in the back pocket and one on a wing. I'd like him to play a couple more and see if he settles before the pen goes through his name. But I agree that Thomas should be picked before him.

Selection wise - i liked White as second ruck. I want Goldsack to play defence . I don't really see the need for Keeffe. So even if Ball and Swan both come back, I wouldn't drop a mid.

On a night where a few of the younger guys flashed some real ability (I'm thinking Langdon, Williams, Thomas, Elliott, Seedsman etc.) Adams managed to be the very ugly step-sister. He's got a bit of work ahead of him but on reputation he won't fail for lack of attention to detail at training. Back to the magoos but I reckon he'll get there long term.

As others have said...he looked nervous and super keen to prove his worth. Keep him in the side and watch how he will reward us. I like the cut of his gib.

Played a decent game, but his kicking was just awful. He has time on his side though. He'll come good, if his kicking had been good he would have actually been pretty damaging tonight.
If Swan and Toovey can get their crappy kicking to an acceptable standard I reckon he'll be able to too ;)

Looks like he is trying too hard. give him a few games to settle.
Kennedy (who had a reputation as a very good kick coming through) also struggled at times last year by rushing disposals, hopefully that's partly where it's coming from in Adams' case. He was good in tight, I thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah he's a terrible ball user. Funny you watch Dom Tyson at Melbourne and the difference in class and quality is remarkable considering one played consistently for GWS and one didn't.
Taylor Adams will be either a constant source of frustration for us for around 3-4 years before we realise he is not up to it and he is moved along or he will find a role in the team and become a serviceable AFL midfielder. Never in our best 2 or 3, more like a 5 or 6. Hoping I'm wrong, but I don't see it in him. The biggest problem is that instead of weighting a pass beacuse of his poor footskills, he actually tries to kick them hard and they are just absoloute shanks. To miss so badly from 25 metres out with no pressure on him, twice, was a sign of little composure and even less class. But that wasn't the worst effort, his short kick missing the target to Beams, then follow up handball straight to a Stkilda player was unforgiveable, consdering there wasn't even a Collingwood player in the vicinity of where the handball went.

Yeah he's a terrible ball user. Funny you watch Dom Tyson at Melbourne and the difference in class and quality is remarkable considering one played consistently for GWS and one didn't.
Taylor Adams will be either a constant source of frustration for us for around 3-4 years before we realise he is not up to it and he is moved along or he will find a role in the team and become a serviceable AFL midfielder. Never in our best 2 or 3, more like a 5 or 6. Hoping I'm wrong, but I don't see it in him. The biggest problem is that instead of weighting a pass beacuse of his poor footskills, he actually tries to kick them hard and they are just absoloute shanks. To miss so badly from 25 metres out with no pressure on him, twice, was a sign of little composure and even less class. But that wasn't the worst effort, his short kick missing the target to Beams, then follow up handball straight to a Stkilda player was unforgiveable, consdering there wasn't even a Collingwood player in the vicinity of where the handball went.
Yep. By foot, by hand, under pressure, not under pressure, he looks out of his depth.

I'm sure the club will put the work into him, but right here, right now, he's not worthy of a spot. But in saying that, he needs another 2 weeks guaranteed in the seniors so he gets used to the tempo. I know someone better misses out, but he us supposedly a 10 yr player. The work starts now with him.

He freezes up in front of goal, I had the same problem as junior, most of you won't like my solution.

Here it is.

Play him in a lesser comp, amateurs perhaps, play him as a forward.

We were much better in the clearances this week then any game of the year. I may have had something to do with that. I say give let him have a few weeks to settle.

He's a clearance machine who will take time to understand how not to panic when he gets the ball at senior level.

I've always compared him to Luke Ball and said he will be his replacement and nothing has changed my mind.

Tonight he had a shocker with his kicking, but at VFL level I've seen him kick goals from the boundary and hit targets lace out, so it's just about all mental I reckon.

Not going to over react after that, he is almost certain to go back to the VFL with Ball and Swan coming back so he'll have to earn another shot later in the year.

He's a clearance machine who will take time to understand how not to panic when he gets the ball at senior level.

I've always compared him to Luke Ball and said he will be his replacement and nothing has changed my mind.

Tonight he had a shocker with his kicking, but at VFL level I've seen him kick goals from the boundary and hit targets lace out, so it's just about all mental I reckon.

Not going to over react after that, he is almost certain to go back to the VFL with Ball and Swan coming back so he'll have to earn another shot later in the year.

Agree - He at the Moment just seems very rushed when Kicking in Open Space. Needs to learn to stop and Think before kicking.

Just needs to keep playing at the AFL Level

On a night where a few of the younger guys flashed some real ability (I'm thinking Langdon, Williams, Thomas, Elliott, Seedsman etc.) Adams managed to be the very ugly step-sister. He's got a bit of work ahead of him but on reputation he won't fail for lack of attention to detail at training. Back to the magoos but I reckon he'll get there long term.

Doubt him going back to the 2nds will fix his Problem

Remove this Banner Ad

Back