Oppo Camp Taylor Adams (Traded to Swans 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Adams does not exhibit traits of a loyal player. He is leaving of his own accord, providing they can agree on a trade. He still has a year to run on his current contract, and he has been sniffing around on the quiet for something else. Hardly the conduct of a ‘heart and soul’ player. Sydney will be his third club.

We aren’t showing much loyalty to him by not extending his current deal.

If your job said we can’t guarantee your employment in 12mths you would start looking elsewhere. If you found somewhere guaranteeing you 3yrs you’d take it.

Two clubs acceptable, three clubs questionable. 🧐
It was GWS, but I believe we asked for him in the Heath Shaw trade and GWS were happy to move him along.
I don't think Adams went out and told GWS he didn't want to play for them any longer and demanded a trade.

They were discarded by their previous two clubs. It’s hard to be loyal when they flick you.
Our club hasn’t got a record to be proud of when evaluating loyalty.
Treloar. Grundy. Stephenson.
We all know it’s a business, and a player needs to look after his own interests as well.
Tay will always be a Collingwood player in my eyes. Good on him for looking after our clubs best interests, and at the same time his own, and looking to move and give us a chance to get a 200 game draftee.

It was GWS, but I believe we asked for him in the Heath Shaw trade and GWS were happy to move him along.
I don't think Adams went out and told GWS he didn't want to play for them any longer and demanded a trade.
Hopefully we do the same for someone from Sydney, a Sheldrick type.
Or just one of their Best 22. We give one, we get one back

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not ‘potting’ him, I’m stating facts. Perhaps you can’t handle the truth.
Tongue Out Raspberry GIF

Let’s face it, there’s not much loyalty in footy anymore. It’s a business these days. Wasn’t Pendles shopping himself around a couple of years ago?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Collingwood are the 2nd oldest team in the comp. all year I've thought that if we don't snag the flag this year then that was it for this current group.
anything less then entertaining the opportunity of offloading injury prone 30+ players for future players is gross negligence by the club.
Adams is a great servant of the club but every player is just a cog in the (team) machine.
I don't apologize if this comes across as ruthless. McRae can give him an extra big hug on the way out.

Collingwood has the upper hand here given Adams remains contracted. Adams will go to Sidanee if Collingwood is happy with the return; as simple as that.

We aren’t showing much loyalty to him by not extending his current deal.

If your job said we can’t guarantee your employment in 12mths you would start looking elsewhere. If you found somewhere guaranteeing you 3yrs you’d take it.
Who said we weren’t going to extend his current deal?We had all of next year to do that.People are making assumptions about the Adams contract to justify him walking out on the club.

Adams does not exhibit traits of a loyal player. He is leaving of his own accord, providing they can agree on a trade. He still has a year to run on his current contract, and he has been sniffing around on the quiet for something else. Hardly the conduct of a ‘heart and soul’ player. Sydney will be his third club.

Look at me! Look at meeeeeeeee!

Adams was one of Buckleys under 18’s wasn’t he?
He’d be the last player who came to Pies due to Buckley i reckon.
Whilst I have loved Tays hardness at the ball, I won’t miss his woeful disposal efficiency.

I can remember far too many games where Treloar and Adams would have close to 60+ between them with a 50-60% DE.

With Titch being a massive upgrade on Adam’s and Pies not willing to extend his contract due to worries about his body, I don’t blame him leaving.

I’m happy if we can get some trade currency for him. Hell maybe we can give him to Sydney for free or a late late pick and they can pick up all of Grundys salary we are paying.
If that’s possible I’d reckon Wrighty already has the wheels turning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is a club leader and heart and soul player but this move makes sense for all parties.

Adams has one year left on his contract but had to play a different role with Mitchell. And with the youngsters coming in at the end of his contract who is to say he may not be nudged out the door or told he may play one more but expect to play VFL. He is a professional sportsman so getting a guaranteed 3 years at 30 years of age is hard to reject.

For the pies, the absolute worst thing we can do is to lose our youngsters that are developing in the VFL like MacRae,.McInnis, Allen etc. If they feel they need to leave to get game time then once our older players retire we will go backwards quickly. With Adams going we can start to get these players more regularly into the firsts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back