Teams Freo Vs Adelaide Round!

Remove this Banner Ad

I think injuries may dictate the starting bench.
I get the feeling Harvey has listed some senior players on the bench that he has no intention of playing just for the sake of keeping Neil Craig guessing.

Kepler must come in. Johnson is a capable back-up ruckman, but it is not worth ricking his ankles in the ruck as he returns from injury. Thus Hipless is our only other ruck option.
Crowley has still not returned to his best form since doing his ankle. He looked a few yards off the pace in the pre-season and so I think Harvey will give him a week at WAFL level to get some match fitness.
Dodd, like Crowley, is still not back to 100%. with SCOS available for elevation there is no need to rush Dodd back so he can find some form with the Might Sharks.

That leaves 3 from: Hase, Suban, Headland and Schammer.

Headland has been talked up all pre-season as part of the "new look forard line" so I'd say he's locked in.
With Crowley and De Boer on the sidelines; Schammer is the next best tagger, I would think. He may be selected depending on match-ups.
Suban is a must. He is the future of this football club and he needs the experience.
That leaves poor old Hase. Hase is a proven champion, and tends to play his best in 'Big Games'. I'd say he might be dropped is Schammer is brought in as a tagger.
Barlow may have stolen Hase's role as ball-magnet.

In summary,
I: Bradley, Headland, Suban, Schammer
I was with you right up until you had Schammer as a tagger. If it comes down to that, Crowley will be a walk up start. Schammer can't make a tackle stick for starters.

Suban might be the future but the other future, as in JVB, Silvagni, Mora and JVB, just walked in and sidelined him.

My 4 are Bradley, Headland, Hase and Schammer but nothing would surprise. Schammer's clanger count has been legendary and the Cows will kill us if turnovers. Similarly Crowley but he is more a goal scorer than Schammer given he is a better mark.

There is absolutely no way in the world Haselby won't play unless he is carrying an injury. The guy averaged 25 touches first year back from a knee recon and people have him being dropped! i mean seriously.

I: Bradley, Hasleby, Suban, Butthead Schammer.

They should realise that he does not deserve a "gold pass" and must prove himself with Subi in the WAFL. I would play Des for at least 2 weeks at Subi and then see if he is 100% match fit.

Des at home

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/29_uSlEEPSk&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/29_uSlEEPSk&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Obviously Des has some incriminating goss on the match committee !!!!.

They should realise that he does not deserve a "gold pass" and must prove himself with Subi in the WAFL. I would play Des for at least 2 weeks at Subi and then see if he is 100% match fit.
I still can't see what the case is against Headland other than people don't like him. He's an AFL standard footballer who is good for 2 goals a game, has above average disposal on both sides of body, and usually tops our I50 count.

30-40 goal a year forwards do not grow on trees and the AFL is full of 20-30 goal a year forwards. What makes Headland so special that he has to be dropped?

What would it take to actually satisfy some of you fellas??

Back page of Worst says barring injury 18 named on ground must play, cuts can only be made from interchange therefore VB is in & good I say.
Team has been named on form and promise of youth, something we've all been begging for.
VB may not have been flashy in pre-season but he was tight, disciplined and very tidy in the roles he was given. Much prefer this to headless chook nature of schammer, Dodd etc.

Haselby, Suban, Headland and Crowley should be in.
- I think Bradley is just not up to AFL standard. I understand we need somebody to help Sandilands but he is just very average. I would rather sacrifice Johnson for 20% of the game than watch Bradley play.
- Same goes with Schammer.
- Dodd can be servicable but is probably not 100% ready.
- Headland should play and consider himself very lucky.
- Suban and especially Crowley need to improve on their pre-season form
- Haselby is certainty IMO unless he carries some sort of injury

It is good to see our rookies taking spots of our more senior players and deservedly so. It can only be good for our club going forward.

I still can't see what the case is against Headland other than people don't like him. He's an AFL standard footballer who is good for 2 goals a game, has above average disposal on both sides of body, and usually tops our I50 count.

30-40 goal a year forwards do not grow on trees and the AFL is full of 20-30 goal a year forwards. What makes Headland so special that he has to be dropped?

Top post, I agree 100%. It is a little pathetic really. If you replaced his name with someone else last season, fans would have been applauding how well he played despite missing most of the season.

Adelaide
B: Andrew McLeod, Ben Rutten, Scott Stevens
HB: Brent Reilly, Nathan Bock, Michael Doughty
C: Myke Cook, Simon Goodwin, David Mackay
HF: Bernie Vince, Trent Hentschel, Tyson Edwards
F: Richard Douglas, Kurt Tippett, Taylor Walker
Foll: Jonathon Griffin, Nathan van Berlo, Scott Thompson
I/C: Tony Armstrong, Patrick Dangerfield, Jared Petrenko, Rory Sloane
Emg: Jarrhan Jacky, Ivan Maric, Will Young

Some of them might be underdone, but I still reckon they should be favourites.

As usual, we are the last to finalise our team.

Fremantle
B: Alex Silvagni, Chris Tarrant, Garrick Ibbotson
HB: Greg Broughton, Luke McPharlin, Roger Hayden
C: Anthony Morabito, David Mundy, Adam McPhee
HF: Michael Johnson, Matthew Pavlich, Stephen Hill
F: Jay van Berlo, Chris Mayne, Hayden Ballantyne
Foll: Aaron Sandilands, Michael Barlow, Paul Duffield
I/C: Des Headland, Nick Suban, Paul Hasleby, Ryan Crowley
Emg: Byron Schammer, Steven Dodd, Kepler Bradley

REMANTLE v ADELAIDE
Fremantle

FINAL SIDE - No Shoulders Bradley No Schammer

Who backs up in ruck? anyone Bueller?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how many games has he played in the last 2 years?

Des has never averaged 2 goals a game over his career. Infact, the most goals he has EVER kicked at freo was 25 in a season.

Fremantle

very very VERY happy with this team. although i would never play des in an afl match again, it seems as though we have put a foot in the right direction by relegating regular duds schammer, dodd and bradley to the emergency list. loving the youth of that side :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Adelaide are not playing Maric, hence why we may be only be going in with Sandi.

Strange move though, didnt think MJ would be given a rucking role at all this season.
It is good to have Kepler out of the team..

Will be interested to see who plays WAFL though tomorrow.. Could see a late change Sunday.. Ballentyne for Kepler perhaps? If he doesnt pull up with his knee

I have usually been a Des supprter but watching him close up at Freo oval 2 weeks ago you can see his mobility is way down. I think he has value and x factor in our forwardline but he couldnt chase. Get him match fit I say then bring him in. He will be exposed on Subi versus the crows.

I have usually been a Des supprter but watching him close up at Freo oval 2 weeks ago you can see his mobility is way down. I think he has value and x factor in our forwardline but he couldnt chase. Get him match fit I say then bring him in. He will be exposed on Subi versus the crows.

Though just 3 weeks prior v Melbourne he looked a million bucks in the forward line - I like him in the team with Mayne, Ballas & Headland all alternating between half forward, forward pocket & bench

My waters are telling me Headland out and Bradley in by Sunday.

I dunno about Ibbo in the backpocket

They don't usually lineup as shown though, VB in the foward pocket? McPhee on the wing? Mayne FF?

I'm interested to see if Duffield indeed plays a midfield role instead of the rebounding half-back position.

I'm as happy as could be with the team, Crowley and Des desperately need to justify the selectors faith in them after such poor pre-seasons.

Like the way the teams looks, good to see Harvey having some faith in the young guys.

I have no doubt there will be a late change, just a matter of who comes out....

They don't usually lineup as shown though, VB in the foward pocket? McPhee on the wing? Mayne FF?

I'm interested to see if Duffield indeed plays a midfield role instead of the rebounding half-back position.

I'm as happy as could be with the team, Crowley and Des desperately need to justify the selectors faith in them after such poor pre-seasons.

agreed. headland will need to show a hell of a lot more than what he has shown both in round 22 last year, where he played the most dispicable, pathetic game i have ever seen any player play, and also in this preseason where he was ok against a B-grade side in melbourne, but bloody ordinary against geelong, even when we were looking a million dollars. if he provides a target, shows good forwardline pressure skills and picks up a couple of goals he'll have done his job.

as for crowley, im a fan, but as everyone has pointed out, he has had a poor preseason. if he can keep scott thompson quiet, play hard at the ball and the man, and keep the clangers to a minnimum, then he will have done his job, and justified selectors faith in him.

both of these players are in the gun though. especially since harvey seems to have put the boot into some of the other senior players, a poor showing by either on sunday and they can expect the same treatment.... just wait till palmer, ruffles, deboer and grover come back from injury. then there will be extraordianry competition for spots which will be great to see:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back