The Abbotts separated

Remove this Banner Ad

They aren't good at business, they are the Liberal Party. Their expertise is in media and throwing taxpayer money at their mates.

There have been some hilarious fails since they came to power with hundreds of clearly fake facebook user accounts repeating the EXACT SAME responses to ABC articles, twitter doing the same.

But those are bots, they also pay people to actively promote and manipulate social media. It could be as simple as continually pushing the same stupid topics (like say, men's rights) that will appeal to their voting base and distract them from things like how much money they get paid and how bad their social services are getting.
Can be less nefarious too, like for example a local branch telling their members to get on the internet to defend the governments policies in the online opinion polls.

Considering how far politicians will bend to the media so that they can 'control the message' I'm not sure why people would assume the government wouldn't look to get it's agenda out on social media. Much cheaper than advertising too and how many times have you changed your mind from a government ad. Some people do though, that's why they do it.

1420696016356.jpg

:hearts:

WTF is that? It looks like the view from behind the glass at the zoo.
Except you'd see more emotion on the faces of the lizards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who really cares? In some ways I feel for politicians on issues like this. How/What are they really doing that is different from anyone else? If one was to say to the press get stuffed my private life is private (sort of like Gillard tried) everyone complains they are not "human" or can't relate to the average Joe. It's a bit ridiculous like it's the average Joe's business who they happen to be screwing. Although another likely explanation is the public don't give a sh*& and it's just the media drumming sh*& up, although most people love gossip.

13 pages about Abbott's marriage and his and his wife's appearance

wow, if this was Gillard there would be another 13 pages claiming this is sexist treatment

Gillard's relationship wasn't a sham.

If we are talking Canberra rumors, one from someone in the know is that the party is slowly disintegrating. Abbott and most of his front bench are wildly unpopular with the party room and there is a deep concern over ministers going rogue and off message.

Despite the power of the right, Bishop is seen as party savior, but there is no consensus that leadership change is the right move, nor that Bishop has the support to be leader.

I don't know how much is gossip, or from direct experience and observation. Also the relationship with the nats is in a bad place.

The crazy thing is, I don't even know if this will result in a leadership challenge, according to this person things are in disarray and Abbott and a couple of his fellow ministers have inspired something akin to pathological hatred from many of the staunchest party loyalists and money people.

I don't automatically believe it, but the fact these rumors exist makes me wonder.
Worth a repost

Remove this Banner Ad

Back