The Abbotts separated

Remove this Banner Ad

I have a mate who is Liberal to the boot straps. We can discuss politics but keep it civil. He hates Abbott with a passion. The reason is that Abbott isnt a Liberal. He is a psyco-religio-righto-conservative-tea partyite. And a bloody two faced liar.
We both agree that Abbott is the Liberals version of Rudd. A sociopath & a nutter with megalomaniacal tendancies.

That's funny. I remember when Turnbull was popular among the electorate and hearing a Lib voting colleague say "Well what's the point of leading a conservative party if yo're not a conservative anyway? he should go to the ALP, Abbott at least reflects the party"

I think the biggest problem is their voters are generally idiotic religious racists who know bugger all about economics or history, or corrupt businessmen.

The corrupt businessmen are worried about the long term damage Abbott is doing - but loving his corruptibility (but they'd get the same from ANY LNP politicians) but they don't have the numbers to vote the party in, they need the idiots.

That's funny. I remember when Turnbull was popular among the electorate and hearing a Lib voting colleague say "Well what's the point of leading a conservative party if yo're not a conservative anyway? he should go to the ALP, Abbott at least reflects the party"

I think the biggest problem is their voters are generally idiotic religious racists who know bugger all about economics or history, or corrupt businessmen.

The corrupt businessmen are worried about the long term damage Abbott is doing - but loving his corruptibility (but they'd get the same from ANY LNP politicians) but they don't have the numbers to vote the party in, they need the idiots.

Geez your more cynical than me!!

I'm probably a little more accepting that they are driven by beliefs & not corruption. But I could be wrong:p

The biggest problem with Abbott is just the fact he is a such a patholigical liar. He attacked Gillard in every possible way & now expects people to forgive the myriad of two faced lies & bull shyte he spins.

Then Cormann, Turnbull etal get in a tiz because we query them on What Abbott has lied about, core & non core again?

Question, how can you tell Abbott is lying?

Answer, when his lips move! (An Oldie, but too true!)

Abbott may be the ultimate arseclown but his marriage is really none of our business.

Of course it isn't.

I am just wondering if it's true, and if it is, it's the media cooperation that I'm interested in.

Julia Gillard's decision not have children wasn't our business either.

BV9LKPhCEAAr9hN.jpg:large

Separated at birth more like.

I was told last week, by somebody from Canberra who would definitely know, that Tony Abbott and his wife quietly separated in early 2013.
Been an open secret in Canberra for a long time - hence the $80k for a house nobody moved into.

Margie wont live with Tony who has been having an affair with Peta Credlin for some time.

The crazy thing is, I don't even know if this will result in a leadership challenge, according to this person things are in disarray and Abbott and a couple of his fellow ministers have inspired something akin to pathological hatred from many of the staunchest party loyalists and money people.

Was always going to happen at some point. Similar situation to the US. Private School boys give the the money. Bible bashers are the only ones left stocking the branches at the grass roots.

Cuts to the ABC might be the final straw for the Nats. The ABC is not only popular but essential in the bush.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was always going to happen at some point. Similar situation to the US. Private School boys give me the money. Bible bashers are the only ones left stocking the branches at the grass roots.

Cuts to the ABC might be the final straw for the Nats. The ABC is not only popular but essential in the bush.
That would require the National Party to discover that it has a spine.

Hasn't really got a lot of attention outside of Canberra, surprisingly.
Apparently Bob Ellis posted something about it before the election(it's been taken down though).
https://www.facebook.com/TheAbbottoir/posts/509804239104439
Right which one here is Les Martinishealing?
Also this was apparently in the Bob Ellis post: "If anyone knows anything more of this — and it may be false; I myself was once so placed and my marriage endured — would they write in please, with firm evidence."

Has Ellis posted about this since? The absence of further posts could be quite telling of the credibility of the rumours.

I'm quite pleased the media are leaving it alone, would have been good if they afforded Gillard the same standard.

Edit: if true.

That would require the National Party to discover that it has a spine.

It would require the Nats to think the cost of losing ABC services wasn't worth the benefit of getting rid of a media group that supports it's opponent at almost every turn.

Of course it isn't.

I am just wondering if it's true, and if it is, it's the media cooperation that I'm interested in.

Julia Gillard's decision not have children wasn't our business either.

No it wasn't, and the 'news' surrounding that was from all sides criticising the comment.

It would require the Nats to think the cost of losing ABC services wasn't worth the benefit of getting rid of a media group that supports it's opponent at almost every turn.
Yes, because politics is the only thing on the abc.
Maybe the abc should cut the country hour, that will definitely generate a response.
Right which one here is Les Martinishealing?
Also this was apparently in the Bob Ellis post: "If anyone knows anything more of this — and it may be false; I myself was once so placed and my marriage endured — would they write in please, with firm evidence."

Has Ellis posted about this since? The absence of further posts could be quite telling of the credibility of the rumours.
I was just interested to see if there had been any mention elsewhere on the internet. Seems to be limited to social media + comments sections.
As to the credibility of the rumours- there are always plenty of them going around Canberra. The trick is being able to tell the difference between rumours and secrets that everyone's in one(like the Rudd craziness, everyone in Canberra knew about that long before it got any play in the media).

Yes, because politics is the only thing on the abc.
Maybe the abc should cut the country hour, that will definitely generate a response.

As I said, cost/benefit.

If the only news people in the country get (which would be very rare these days because few if any only get the ABC, but anyway) is about how bad the lib/nats are and how great the greens/ALP are, then why would the Nats protect that?

As I said, cost/benefit.

If the only news people in the country get (which would be very rare these days because few if any only get the ABC, but anyway) is about how bad the lib/nats are and how great the greens/ALP are, then why would the Nats protect that?
I'm not sure you get much of that listening to your local ABC station.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back