The beer thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I had a Lagunitas IPA when I was in San Francisco Dec 2018. Nice drop!
It's my favorite.

I'm so over the boutique beer/wannabe winemakers, with odd tastes and way too high alcohol content - some at 8.7+ %.

In my local bars I drink Mai Tai's, which as everybody knows, prevents the flu/C-virus etc. Rum is good.

I stopped over a few years ago in Winslow, Arizona, in a little motel next to an old bar frequented, as it turned out, by many representatives of the Navajo Nation. I'd been driving from Arkansas on my drive west on I-40 thru Oklahoma, Texas Panhandle and New Mexico to my home in Arizona. Navajo Nation from NM, listening to their radio stations on my ride.

The barman didn't know how to make a mai tai, so I showed him how. Cost $3.50 a shot.

My drinking companions hadn't discovered mai tai's before, so naturally I shouted the bar and we all made friends. I said that listening to Navajo on the radio reminded me in a way of Japanese [which I speak after a fashion, having lived in Tokyo for nearly 6 years] and so they taught me some Navajo.

Of course, after 3 or 4 mai tai's we all understood each other perfectly, in Swahili...

Beer at home with a BBQ [not that I'm BBQ'ing right now as it is snowing here...].

It's my favorite.

I'm so over the boutique beer/wannabe winemakers, with odd tastes and way too high alcohol content - some at 8.7+ %.

In my local bars I drink Mai Tai's, which as everybody knows, prevents the flu/C-virus etc. Rum is good.

I stopped over a few years ago in Winslow, Arizona, in a little motel next to an old bar frequented, as it turned out, by many representatives of the Navajo Nation. I'd been driving from Arkansas on my drive west on I-40 thru Oklahoma, Texas Panhandle and New Mexico to my home in Arizona. Navajo Nation from NM, listening to their radio stations on my ride.

The barman didn't know how to make a mai tai, so I showed him how. Cost $3.50 a shot.

My drinking companions hadn't discovered mai tai's before, so naturally I shouted the bar and we all made friends. I said that listening to Navajo on the radio reminded me in a way of Japanese [which I speak after a fashion, having lived in Tokyo for nearly 6 years] and so they taught me some Navajo.

Of course, after 3 or 4 mai tai's we all understood each other perfectly, in Swahili...

Beer at home with a BBQ [not that I'm BBQ'ing right now as it is snowing here...].
How are you keeping Delta?

That’s a nice drop! Homer Simpson’s dad loves it. Hope you’re going well mate 🍻
The double is great too.
Getting there... didnt help that the one game of footy we got for the year was against a red hot you guys! hope you're well and getting through it.

Carwyn are doing an isolation beer box, which I've just ordered to occupy myself.

How are you keeping Delta?
Not bad, jmac. Bit of a lock-down here in Michigan. Staying home except for supermarket runs. Postponed my German tramp ship trip for May/June.

Can't complain, as am retired and no issues re lockdown impacting work/salary/mortgages/kids' school fees etc like many have to contend with. Except stock market situation at present not great.

Fine balance between the ideal medical quarantine solution v economic meltdown. The old phrase comes to mind "The operation was successful but the patient died".

But to take my mind off it I am currently imbibing a Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA 7.2%, which is about as hi as I want it to be. It's slipping down nicely and I may even have another...

Not bad, jmac. Bit of a lock-down here in Michigan. Staying home except for supermarket runs. Postponed my German tramp ship trip for May/June.

Can't complain, as am retired and no issues re lockdown impacting work/salary/mortgages/kids' school fees etc like many have to contend with. Except stock market situation at present not great.

Fine balance between the ideal medical quarantine solution v economic meltdown. The old phrase comes to mind "The operation was successful but the patient died".

But to take my mind off it I am currently imbibing a Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA 7.2%, which is about as hi as I want it to be. It's slipping down nicely and I may even have another...
Great to hear Delta. Luckily for us, beer kills Covid!

Hawkers have released a few new ones and I'm not sure what has happened down there but the increase in quality is outstanding.
Didn’t they get bought out by a big brewery?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are still marketing as 'fiercely independent' so I don't think so.
That’s good. My brother reckons Pirate Life have nose dived in terms of quality since being taken over.

Bentspoke cluster 8 IPA. Couple of these bad boys are you’re on another level.

Also got some Black Hops Hornet IPA which aren’t bad at all.
Both sensational beers!

I polished off a four pack of Mr Banks West Coast IPA last night. Very tasty with a reasonable alcohol content. Nice little buzz.

4 Pines on sale again at dan’s.

Hard to pass up the Amber ale and nitro stout for $14 per six pack. Great drops.
I don’t mind the stout, not a massive fan of the amber. I just can’t drink anything but IPAs at the moment.

Mr. Banks are fast becoming a personal favourit. Such good beer.
Have you been to Mr West in Footscray? Apologies if I’ve asked you that before

Remove this Banner Ad

Back