Certified Legendary Thread The Cult of Robbo - Volume 2

Stubby holder?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of us who do not live in mecca, can someone link to the source of the above proclamations. I feel it is important that we receive the message from the source. After all, there exist many christian gospels, but only 4 have been deemed official, leading to many arguments and discussions in academic circles. Surely we need to ensure future generations do not have similar arguments as to which proclamations are false, and which ones truly are from tgo.
Four official TGO scriptures:
HUN - like the Dead Sea scrolls.
AFL 360 - Temple mount from which truth is administered
Twitter - 40 days in the desert, where he is tested by unbelievers
SEN - Temple courts where TGO casts out the money lenders, like Andy Maher

* those moments where tgo started down one track, had me eating out of his hand in agreement, and suddenly, in the middle, turned back and elegantly flipped the argument on its head, thus ensuring i had to spend many hours in contemplation. Many times, i would wake in middle of the night, finally comprehending the truth and my brain could stop aching

quoted for its magnificence. its why we all keep coming back to the altar.

For those of us who do not live in mecca, can someone link to the source of the above proclamations. I feel it is important that we receive the message from the source. After all, there exist many christian gospels, but only 4 have been deemed official, leading to many arguments and discussions in academic circles. Surely we need to ensure future generations do not have similar arguments as to which proclamations are false, and which ones truly are from tgo.
This particular scripture was from SEN. With another underling Harf.

Grand final eve, 2015, the sermon:

Beaker: Did you glean anything from the words that were spoken today?

TGO: (shaking head) No, not much, not much. (Now looking serious) pretty straight up and down. I, i, got a feeling gerard, and probably a bit of informed opinion, i've got a feeling, and rightly or wrongly, (now nodding approvingly) that there's some at Hawthorn who thinks that the eagles are gonna be suspect under the fierce pressure of grand final. and i think that the hawks collectively are going to go after, not, not punch or, or do something really, really bad, but i feel that the hawks THINK that they can unsettle the er, unsettle the eagles, and i think they are going to go after the players, and they are going to go after them pretty viciously and ill name them, i think they are going to go after gaff, masten, le cras, yeo, cripps, hill, dom sheed, exavier (sic) ellis, i think the unsociable hawks are gonna take it to a level tomorrow that we havent seen for some time. Its big stakes gerard, its big stakes, its there going for threepeat i mean at the we all think that everything is sorta sportsmanship and you know win win with class, all that sort of stuff, these guys arent thinking that, they wanna win, its gonna be really fierce. The eagles have answered every question ... (Proceeds to list a number of things, while checking them off on his fingers) Theyve answered every question. The question thay havent been able to answer, because they havent been able to be here, is grand final pressure on the mcg. If they, if they stand up to it, and they are in the game , way through the third quarter, they may well run over the hawks. That first quarter and a half is going to be, in my opinion is going to be pretty vicious football.

Beaker now succintly talks about the hawks serated edge in gf vs sydney.

TGO: there is absolutely no doubt they'll bring that tomorrow. So, if you've got a seat, sit down early, dont miss the bounce. Thats all.

And so sayeth TGO.

When originally delivered, i sat there mouth agape, struck by the magnificence of the sermon. Luckily i have now been able to record it for posterity.

On the day itself, i followed the commandments, i sat down early at home, (the family knew to stay away), and i didnt miss the bounce. When the eagles got to within 24, and then 25 points about half way through the 3rd, I remembered the prophecy and i was nervous. But i remembered, it wasnt will, it was 'may well'. I was relieved. Thank you TGO.

This particular scripture was from SEN. With another underling Harf.
Brother z, your av disturbs me, and i have a feeling it would disturb TGO, however, many thanks for your information re SEN. I think i will have to investigate if i can access podcasts of harfling and TGO. Is the show half time?

Grand final eve, 2015, the sermon:

Beaker: Did you glean anything from the words that were spoken today?

TGO: (shaking head) No, not much, not much. (Now looking serious) pretty straight up and down. I, i, got a feeling gerard, and probably a bit of informed opinion, i've got a feeling, and rightly or wrongly, (now nodding approvingly) that there's some at Hawthorn who thinks that the eagles are gonna be suspect under the fierce pressure of grand final. and i think that the hawks collectively are going to go after, not, not punch or, or do something really, really bad, but i feel that the hawks THINK that they can unsettle the er, unsettle the eagles, and i think they are going to go after the players, and they are going to go after them pretty viciously and ill name them, i think they are going to go after gaff, masten, le cras, yeo, cripps, hill, dom sheed, exavier (sic) ellis, i think the unsociable hawks are gonna take it to a level tomorrow that we havent seen for some time. Its big stakes gerard, its big stakes, its there going for threepeat i mean at the we all think that everything is sorta sportsmanship and you know win win with class, all that sort of stuff, these guys arent thinking that, they wanna win, its gonna be really fierce. The eagles have answered every question ... (Proceeds to list a number of things, while checking them off on his fingers) Theyve answered every question. The question thay havent been able to answer, because they havent been able to be here, is grand final pressure on the mcg. If they, if they stand up to it, and they are in the game , way through the third quarter, they may well run over the hawks. That first quarter and a half is going to be, in my opinion is going to be pretty vicious football.

Beaker now succintly talks about the hawks serated edge in gf vs sydney.

TGO: there is absolutely no doubt they'll bring that tomorrow. So, if you've got a seat, sit down early, dont miss the bounce. Thats all.

And so sayeth TGO.

When originally delivered, i sat there mouth agape, struck by the magnificence of the sermon. Luckily i have now been able to record it for posterity.

On the day itself, i followed the commandments, i sat down early at home, (the family knew to stay away), and i didnt miss the bounce. When the eagles got to within 24, and then 25 points about half way through the 3rd, I remembered the prophecy and i was nervous. But i remembered, it wasnt will, it was 'may well'. I was relieved. Thank you TGO.
Brilliant! I have often wanted to see a direct transcription of the holy words. Often I have had to defend The Master against accusations that he is a clueless, bumbling, illiterate oaf who trucks in platitudes and obvious statements, and this engraving provides all the contrary evidence I need of His dexterity of mind and tongue. Furthermore, anyone who says the TGO is an enormous yobbo who CAN'T EVEN PRONOUNCE PLAYERS' NAMES can obviously bugger right off.

Brother z, your av disturbs me, and i have a feeling it would disturb TGO, however, many thanks for your information re SEN. I think i will have to investigate if i can access podcasts of harfling and TGO. Is the show half time?
Brother M2R his sermon is usually on for an hour beginning at 1pm on a Monday afternoon, to be honest how can you call yourself an acolyte if you don't know this? Penance, a dozen coronas and a carton of durries.
Not sure how long into summer that he will continue to sermonize on the Harfling (good word that) program.
He also does a second sermon on Sen Thursday evenings with The Run Homelings. Usually 5-6pm, then pub for a few quick snorts before he shuffled off to 360.

Episode 44.

Sermon after round 11, after st.kilda beat demons in last 40 seconds (sorry demon fans)

I have omitted the preamble, which I didn't think needed to be included.

It was (long pause for effect ... or to compose his thoughts) wha, what can you say when you're struggling as a team and you're building, and wins are few and far between, and some of the wins are really, really bad, you know you might get beaten by a hundred points, and you think 'God, how far do we have to come to be competitive '. Now St. Kilda have been pretty competitive this year, they are equal with essendon they've won 4 games, they're only a game behind the Bulldogs and nth melbourne. Um the Bulldogs have got a game up their sleeve. But, this is what, this is what, we use the word hope a lot in footy, this is what drives hope. So St. Kilda fans can turn up and KNOW that the young fellas not just the young fellas led brilliantly by, by Nick reiwoldt and Joey Montagna, the older boys, they will put in effort, and that's all you want. I mean sometimes you put in that effort, and people STEP UP. They become heroes to young fans. That's what footy is. Footy is, Grant Thomas said it last week, 'footy's about people', and GOD don't we love people when they do great things on a football field.

Second bonus sermon, same night, after showing highlights (or lowlights) of Geelong beating port adelaide, with some hinkley quotes.

Beaker very serious, also quotes ken hinkley. Lead in ends with beaker saying 'it was illuminating stuff'

TGO: yeah it was. I mean he's fantastic anyway in the pregame and the preweek I should say leading up to the game and he's always fantastic listening, you know. It's easy to say they've been worked out and they have. In some respect they have cause you, how can they not. How do they play. How come they're beating everyone so easily this is what we do and this is how we plan against them. This is why everyone has 10 people in their coaches box. He sees it a little bit of a different way. He thinks that they might of (long pause, reaching for the correct word), I get the feeling, a bit of hubris maybe it was gonna happen he says 'YOU GOTTA PLAY HARD for 4 quarters and you just can't relax' I feel that their, their better players are playing pretty good I think they're falling away a little bit more this year they haven't got the same depth of talent in, in the um in the team. He's only one player but Polec gives them run, now white's out with a hamstring, but there was troubles before white went out. Um, do you THINK, do you think they can, that there's a strong possibility they will now miss finals?

Bonus dissertation on families when discussing dangerfield and how it looks likely he will go home to moggs creek. Played sound bite from paul Connors mentioning family is important. Beaker comments '... that's never been part of football before'

TGO: I, I, i can't believe it. I mean the family is important Gerard, but that important, that im making decision to go home cause of family. Do you love your family, like all of them?

Beaker comments

TGO: I hope my family's not watching. And I do love em. (At this point he starts to pick his nose, then realizes he is on live tv and they are about to go to an ad break anyway, and stops)

And so sayeth TGO.

This is also the episode where TGO analyses the last moments of the st kilda demons game with Roos and bucks. Highlights include "surely, im not saying surely, surely, I am" and bucks challenging TGO with "are you sure you've never coached robbo, are you sure you've never coached" which TGO ignores and informs bucks that the tap out was wrong.

I don't think I can ever delete this episode from my iq.

Last edited:
TGO: I hope my family's not watching. And I do love em. (At this point he starts to pick his nose, then realizes he is on live tv and they are about to go to an ad break anyway, and stops)
I absolutely lost my s**t here..

Still giggling every time I re-read it.... this is the power of the TGO... he brings me light on an otherwise dark day

Episode 44.

Sermon after round 11, after st.kilda beat demons in last 40 seconds (sorry demon fans)

I have omitted the preamble, which I didn't think needed to be included.

It was (long pause for effect ... or to compose his thoughts) wha, what can you say when you're struggling as a team and you're building, and wins are few and far between, and some of the wins are really, really bad, you know you might get beaten by a hundred points, and you think 'God, how far do we have to come to be competitive '. Now St. Kilda have been pretty competitive this year, they are equal with essendon they've won 4 games, they're only a game behind the Bulldogs and nth melbourne. Um the Bulldogs have got a game up their sleeve. But, this is what, this is what, we use the word hope a lot in footy, this is what drives hope. So St. Kilda fans can turn up and KNOW that the young fellas not just the young fellas led brilliantly by, by Nick reiwoldt and Joey Montagna, the older boys, they will put in effort, and that's all you want. I mean sometimes you put in that effort, and people STEP UP. They become heroes to young fans. That's what footy is. Footy is, Grant Thomas said it last week, 'footy's about people', and GOD don't we love people when they do great things on a football field.

Second bonus sermon, same night, after showing highlights (or lowlights) of Geelong beating port adelaide, with some hinkley quotes.

Beaker very serious, also quotes ken hinkley. Lead in ends with beaker saying 'it was illuminating stuff'

TGO: yeah it was. I mean he's fantastic anyway in the pregame and the preweek I should say leading up to the game and he's always fantastic listening, you know. It's easy to say they've been worked out and they have. In some respect they have cause you, how can they not. How do they play. How come they're beating everyone so easily this is what we do and this is how we plan against them. This is why everyone has 10 people in their coaches box. He sees it a little bit of a different way. He thinks that they might of (long pause, reaching for the correct word), I get the feeling, a bit of hubris maybe it was gonna happen he says 'YOU GOTTA PLAY HARD for 4 quarters and you just can't relax' I feel that their, their better players are playing pretty good I think they're falling away a little bit more this year they haven't got the same depth of talent in, in the um in the team. He's only one player but Polec gives them run, now white's out with a hamstring, but there was troubles before white went out. Um, do you THINK, do you think they can, that there's a strong possibility they will now miss finals?

Bonus dissertation on families when discussing dangerfield and how it looks likely he will go home to moggs creek. Played sound bite from paul Connors mentioning family is important. Beaker comments '... that's never been part of football before'

TGO: I, I, i can't believe it. I mean the family is important Gerard, but that important, that im making decision to go home cause of family. Do you love your family, like all of them?

Beaker comments

And so sayeth TGO.

This is also the episode where TGO analyses the last moments of the st kilda demons game with Roos and bucks. Highlights include "surely, im not saying surely, surely, I am" and bucks challenging TGO with "are you sure you've never coached robbo, are you sure you've never coached" which TGO ignores and informs bucks that the tap out was wrong.

I don't think I can ever delete this episode from my iq.
To quote my club's begging motto to members. This is Greatness.
Reading TGO's unedited thoughts is like reading the Bible in the original language i.e. completely bloody confusing.

Brother's, i have been contemplating.

I feel one of the great achievements of this thread is that it unites followers from all 18 tribes into one cult. Much like anglicans, catholics, baptists etc are united as christians. Or like Sunni and Shi'ite are united as muslims. Or the 12 tribes of israel.

So while i am a hawkist, and alcoacat and sj are catist, shane hird is a bomberist, and moogerfooger is a crowist, (apologies to all other brother's not individually identified, its not that i like you any less than the above mentioned, just seriously, i have time and space constraints), at heart we are all part of one great church. The church of TGO. The church of Robbo.

We need a name for our broad church. I have thought on this and believe we are Robbinians. We can gladly stand up and say 'i am a Robbinist, persecute me as you wish, i will still believe in TGO'.

So to Buddhism, Judaism, Hinduism, Taoism, etc., we now can add Robbinism.

Go out into the world and spread the word of TGO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worshippers of Him,
I prostrate myself before you and ask that you may call me, too, "brother."

As I was on my way to Damascus Home & Hardware, I was blinded by a bright light emanating from my phone. I followed it and was led to this thread, full of His scripture and your diligent interpretations.

I was lost, but now am found.

Going on from my reimagining of the A Few Good Men rant as done by Robbo, I'd like to give you the Allen Iverson 'Practice' rant reimagined as if it was Robbo discussing Jobe's injury midseason.

Gerard: So you and James Hird spoke on Saturday about practice?

Robbo: If Jobe can’t practice, he can’t practice, Gerard. If he’s hurt, he’s hurt I mean, it’s a simple as that. It’s not about that, I mean it’s, it’s not about that at all, Gerard. You know what I’m saying, I mean, but it’s easy to talk about… It’s easy to sum it up when you’re just talking about practice.

We’re sitting in here, on AFL 360, at this desk, and Jobe’s supposed to be the, well it’s an American term, but the ‘franchise player’… It’s a good term, that, ‘franchise player’… and we’re here talking about practice, Gerard. I mean, listen, we’re talking about practice… Not a game, not a game… Not a game Gerard, we’re talking about practice! Not a game! Not… not… Not the game that he goes out there and dies for and play every game like it’s his last… Not the game, but we’re talking about practice, Gerard. I mean, how shi… how silly is that? Sorry Gerard, almost swore again.

Where was I? Oh right, We’re talking about practice. I know Jobe’s supposed to be there. I know he’s supposed to lead by example… I know that… He knows that. And he’s not just shoving it aside, you know… like it don’t mean anything. I know… sorry, Jobe knows it’s important. He does, he honestly does.

(starts chopping his hands on the table) But we’re talking about practice, Gerard. We’re talking about practice. We’re talking about practice! (waves his hands from side to side) We ain’t talking about the game… We’re talking about practice, Gerard. When you come to the ground and you see Jobe play… You see Jobe play, don’t you? You’ve seen Jobe give everything he’s got, right? You’ve seen Jobe go wooshka? But we’re talking about practice right now… We’re talking about practice, Gerard.

I was at SEN ground central today collecting booty. Emblazoned on the wall (good word that) was a life size photo of TGO - I knelt down and gave thanks to his greatness

I would've stolen the photo. Brought it back to Sydney. Put brightly coloured flowers in front with those burning smelling sticks and prayed to TGO each morning.

Has TGO sent any sign of his pleasure or displeasure at the actions of, Jake Carlisle?
I need some guidance - a prism - to help, me, get the correct, perspective on the matter...

Good boy gone bad? Bad boy come good? Over-hyped whiner gets sprung?

Worshippers of Him,
I prostrate myself before you and ask that you may call me, too, "brother."

As I was on my way to Damascus Home & Hardware, I was blinded by a bright light emanating from my phone. I followed it and was led to this thread, full of His scripture and your diligent interpretations.

I was lost, but now am found.
Welcome Brother Moggy

Quality persons such as yourself, are, always, well... welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back