Prediction The entirely arbitrary and pointless Luke Jackson posterity circlejerk

What will Luke Jackson become

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Jackson’s potential is off the charts. What he does now for a second year ruck is outrageous. He showed an ability to turn a game this year. Just adds something really unique with his athleticism and general game awareness.

Trade him I say.

Given how much we flogged Hogan for, getting Jacko to the Dockers could get us about 10 first round draft picks.

Then we can trade him back a year later for some doritos and milky bar.

Classic "Win-Lose" trade.
We win and Dockers get mauled (again).

Just need to make hay while the sun shines. We've got him for another year while we're right "in the window" so he'll be pivotal in our push to go back to back. If he performs in 2022 and then decides he wants to go home, so be it. He won't owe us anything and we'll be well compensated anyway.

In saying all of that, I think he'll sign.

Our player retention is excellent, the culture is better than its ever been, LJ is happy here and we just won the flag.

This contract not getting extended is in the realm of Freo fan fiction.

I think I'm correct in saying that Jackson only had one disposal in the third quarter of the GF (yeah, that handball). It's amazing sometimes how useless stats are in capturing the influence that someone can have over a game.

My guess is that after the PF the Dogs put a heap of work into how to curb the influence of Gawn, and basically forgot about Jackson. Well, suffice it to say that they probably learnt their lesson. That's probably the one thing stopping me from going gaga over Jackson's potential, though: namely, how exactly he'd go as a full-time ruck rather than a 33% ruck, 66% roaming impact player. But I hope we keep giving him licence to be creative and to do his own thing, rather than trying to pigeon-hole him as just our next ruckman, because there really isn't anyone else in the AFL like him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have just won the crown . Jackson leading the WA recruits , If he goes home he does. Can we just get to the new year before we sh*t the bed over Jackson pls ?

I quite enjoy watching people melt over first world problems like this actually.

Hopefully in the year he leaves all of our games are scheduled for Wednesday night, including home games in WA, and we have to play a final in Geelong. Will really sort the weak from the strong.

Its from when he extended to 2022 . Someone is playing silly buggers much.
Sorry I'm a bit late. Just excited to know we have Jackson until seasons end.

Back