The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I rate him and he's good enough for a midtable team and potentially take them further, but I can't see how an established CL club gives him a job

EDIT: Matteo that is, obviously not Moyes ;)

Surely applicable to both? :p

Moyes took an established CL club to midtable more like! I recommend any CL club but Liverpool to hire him

He'd be a great get for a West Ham/Villa/Hull/Palace/West Brom though. That sort of lower-half team looking to establish as a mid-table side.

Plain idiotic from Palace and Parish. Without Pulis they would have started their season last week in the Championship, too lose him two days out is idiotic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Malky deserves another shot in the Prem, if it wasn't for Tan he'd have made sure that Cardiff survived last season.

Disagree - just because the owner is a loony doesn't cover for the fact that he was doing an average job at best when let go.

Disagree - just because the owner is a loony doesn't cover for the fact that he was doing an average job at best when let go.

They were clear of the relegation zone (albeit not by much) when he was sacked, as far as I'm concerned that combined with his strong Championship performance from the previous season means he was doing a pretty reasonable job at the club.

Milang_Panthers - saw Tony Popovic was being linked to the job, would you want him?

Would be great to see an Aussie managing in the PL (and Poppa has those links to the club already) but not sure if he'd be able to cut it given the PL is a much more challenging and demanding league than our A League.

Milang_Panthers - saw Tony Popovic was being linked to the job, would you want him?

Would be great to see an Aussie managing in the PL (and Poppa has those links to the club already) but not sure if he'd be able to cut it given the PL is a much more challenging and demanding league than our A League.

There's a step up, but surely they wouldn't go for Poppa over a guy like Mackay or Sherwood.

There's a step up, but surely they wouldn't go for Poppa over a guy like Mackay or Sherwood.

Yeah, surely he'd be an outsider (if he is even being genuinely considered) Palace are probably looking at trying to stay up/consolidate so getting a proven/experienced manager might be their preferred option (though Monk at Swansea and Irvine at West Brom have minimal experience as PL managers too).

Yeah like redalert said its a big jump, but how good would it be to have an Aussie Captain and coach at the same PL club :D :thumbsu:
Doubt it'll happen though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back