The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tan must have employed someone to hack their phones to get dirt. But im not too concerned about the future of Cardiff..
Tan is running them into the ground.

I get that there is your everyday idiot who sends out those sort of 'joke' texts to friends but a manager of a club in the English top flight? I wouldn't think too many managers out there would have much to worry about in that regard

Kreuuuzeurns - just wondering if there was ever any rumours of this behaviour circulating when he was still in charge at Cardiff? Seems to have come out of nowhere!

Iain Moody just resigned as director of football at Palace. Hmm.

The "journalist" who broke this whole thing is one of the worst hacks in the media. Matt lawton!!
His whole career is based around s**t stirring and exaggerating situations to gain attention.

I remember when Di Canio landed the Sunderland job and all of a sudden the media decided to have a problem with his past political statements..

Doesn't matter where the leaks come from its good practice to do some investigating into a potential employee. Just like Collingwood did with Cousins. If Palace didn't get these leaks or hacks they'd be hiring a manager who is capable of racist and sexist comments to players including youth players. Is that really someone who should be in a position of power at a top-level or any club for that matter? Plus there's documents coming out about dodgy payments made to agents and lawyers when he was at Cardiff.

We all know Tan is nuts but its start to look like Mackay isn't a saint after all. The whole Corneillius move and now the Egyptian youth player are enough to not see him get a job without the messages.

Kreuuuzeurns - just wondering if there was ever any rumours of this behaviour circulating when he was still in charge at Cardiff? Seems to have come out of nowhere!

Nope. Big surprise to me. Malky does not seem like the guy to do it, and he did bring in the likes of Odemwingie, Theophile, Campbell, Caulker and Zaha IIRC who aren't exactly "white faces". I'm just really shocked, but knowing this now I'm glad Tan got rid of him. As crazy as Tan is, he was right. Won't be in a job anytime soon.

I was under the impression he was sacked due to dodgy transfer deals involving 'agent fees' redirected to him and Moody. He signed Cornelius for 7.5m, and if IIRC it was Leicester who bid 500k for him 6 months prior. The signing of Medel for 9.5m when he was only valued at 6m by Sevilla was also strange. I'm sure it all built up.

I truly am shocked. Great revenge by Tan to pip him just as he was about to get a job.

There was no phone hacking. Legal firm had warrants to search his phone and emails over the dodgy transfer claim Tan had made against him and found this stuff

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tan probably still is a madman...
But geez he picked a perfect time to pull the rug out from Mackay

Was just thinking that too. Interesting, when he sacked Mackay and was almost universally criticised, he kept quiet on this and kept it up his sleeve when he could have used it to try and water down some of the flak he was copping from the media.

In hindsight, he may (if he wanted to get back at Mackay and essentially maximise the damage to his career/reputation) have chose the best time to unload with this salvo.

Sherwood pulls out of the running as well.

Far out!

Who would you want to take the reigns Milang?

Think Neil Lennon is the new favourite I read? Would Keith Millen be considered?

Wouldn't mind Keith Millen on the form he's shown in his two caretaker stints but you never know if he'd perform the same when he's fully in charge. Other then that there isn't a whole lot of options out there. Maybe sweet talk Pulis into coming back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back