Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He won't get the gig then. Their CE and Chief Headkicker say they exist to make the finals.
I thought it was shareholder dividends and customer satisfaction.

Whispers: "Port in box seat for James Aish, KT working overtime to cut the Crows lunch"

Obviously I'd love to have him at the club, but I really just can't see him leaving Brisbane.
I know we've just gotten Polec from them, but I really would like to see a few of their 'up and comings' show some dedication and stick with the club.

Obviously I'd love to have him at the club, but I really just can't see him leaving Brisbane.
I know we've just gotten Polec from them, but I really would like to see a few of their 'up and comings' show some dedication and stick with the club.
I'm of the same opinion regarding their young group.
Can you imagine the general feel as a Lions supporter seeing an AFL concession enriched GC team soar into the 8 whilst watching on from a pit of financial and on-field headaches?

Whispers: "Port in box seat for James Aish, KT working overtime to cut the Crows lunch"

Crows fans should feel confident about this. Also, is there anything KT doesn't do according to "sources"? They'd out him as Batman if they could.

Can you imagine the general feel as a Lions supporter seeing an AFL concession enriched GC team soar into the 8 whilst watching on from a pit of financial and on-field headaches?
While at the same time the AFL is doing its best to water down Brisbanes' academy. Brisbane has at least put a bit into the AFL while GWS and GCS hae done nothing but take.

Sick and tired of journalists asking awkward questions and badmouthing the teams you love and the sports stars you idolise?

Tune in to Rowey and Bicks on FIVEaa - they know all the right people, they know which side their bread is buttered, they're a journalist free zone!
I'll pass, thanks.

While at the same time the AFL is doing its best to water down Brisbanes' academy. Brisbane has at least put a bit into the AFL while GWS and GCS hae done nothing but take.

- Took Nathan Buckley and Martin Leslie off our hands for peanuts, when they were a shitty little clown collective and we were one of the power clubs of the nation (why you put in an AFL bid Port?! I mean ****ing really?)

- Were allowed to poach Alastair Lynch from a stricken Fitzroy and signed him to an unprecedented 10-year contract largely with AFL money

- Extracted an uncontracted player pick (ND#3, 1996) from us for Matthew Primus, who hadn't so much as set foot in Queensland and wasn't one of their 8 nominated Roys merger players

- And speaking of the merger, they made out like lords at the expense of the Roys, and the Roos, who had their joint venture vetoed so the Bears could enact what was essentially a hostile takeover of the crippled foundation club

- Got Jonathan Brown because his dad played 51 games for Fitzroy, leaving Junction Oval 6 years before the Bears were even formed

- Landed Michael Voss, Jason Akermanis and Nathan Buckley as Zone Concession Players, years after the Bears were formed

- Enjoyed a sweetheart deal at the Gabba that allowed them to make handsome profits with similar crowd numbers that saw us being talked of as relegation fodder

- Enjoyed a salary cap advantage that saw them assemble and more importantly retain an all-time great squad, while the likes of Essendon were forced to shed talent like Caracella and Hardwick

- IV saline. 2001 Qualifying Final

- Instigated the universally-loathed Paddle Pop Lion branding with no member consultation whatsoever

Cry no tears for Brisbane. They blew a ridiculous number of advantages off their own bat.

Cut the crows lunch? Why, cause he played for Norwood?

Wouldn't the crows and port be trying to cut Brisbanes lunch?

******* whispers is a ******* anyway. Never right on anything.

I remember during the bid for the second licence, James Aish's uncle Michael proudly declared that 'We (Norwood) hate the crows as much as Port do'. So why wouldn't we be in with a chance?

I remember during the bid for the second licence, James Aish's uncle Michael proudly declared that 'We (Norwood) hate the crows as much as Port do'. So why wouldn't we be in with a chance?

Hey! Aishy only looks out for one man... Aishy!

image.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He'll have them wearing black white and teal, spouting a creed and playing NTUA pre match if he gets on the board.
And say they thought of it all first :D

And at least half of SA will believe it. :rolleyes:

Oh well they didn't feel sorry for anyone while they $tockpiled talent as the afl bankrolled them a false era in the early 2000s.

- Took Nathan Buckley and Martin Leslie off our hands for peanuts, when they were a shitty little clown collective and we were one of the power clubs of the nation (why you put in an AFL bid Port?! I mean ****ing really?)

- Were allowed to poach Alastair Lynch from a stricken Fitzroy and signed him to an unprecedented 10-year contract largely with AFL money

- Extracted an uncontracted player pick (ND#3, 1996) from us for Matthew Primus, who hadn't so much as set foot in Queensland and wasn't one of their 8 nominated Roys merger players

- And speaking of the merger, they made out like lords at the expense of the Roys, and the Roos, who had their joint venture vetoed so the Bears could enact what was essentially a hostile takeover of the crippled foundation club

- Got Jonathan Brown because his dad played 51 games for Fitzroy, leaving Junction Oval 6 years before the Bears were even formed

- Landed Michael Voss, Jason Akermanis and Nathan Buckley as Zone Concession Players, years after the Bears were formed

- Enjoyed a sweetheart deal at the Gabba that allowed them to make handsome profits with similar crowd numbers that saw us being talked of as relegation fodder

- Enjoyed a salary cap advantage that saw them assemble and more importantly retain an all-time great squad, while the likes of Essendon were forced to shed talent like Caracella and Hardwick

- IV saline. 2001 Qualifying Final

- Instigated the universally-loathed Paddle Pop Lion branding with no member consultation whatsoever

Cry no tears for Brisbane. They blew a ridiculous number of advantages off their own bat.
Not all factual

The Aish family or his manager trying to get Port involved in some phony bidding war to help drive up his contract value. James Aish will Re-sign with the Lions for between 2 to 5 years. Im more confident that will happen than we will finish top 4.

The Aish family or his manager trying to get Port involved in some phony bidding war to help drive up his contract value. James Aish will Re-sign with the Lions for between 2 to 5 years. Im more confident that will happen than we will finish top 4.
I'm certain Aish will re-sign with Brisbane for at least one more contract.

I guess the way the free agency system is structured might actually already be having an effect on the likelihood of highly-rated juniors heading "home" after their first contract, since you reset the Big Payday countdown clock by starting again with a new club.

Not suggesting that's his motivation at all, but it crossed my mind that it could be a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back