The Movie Thread

• Thread starter Old Spice
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

A timid female journalist finds the opportunity to interview a famous billionaire, and in that interview they grow very close and fall for eachother.

However, the billionaire has a dark secret as he's into BDSM and he takes her into this wild ride of crazy sex and living the billionaire lifestyle.

The book actually came about from a Twilight fanfiction, so there are corresponding themes about forbidden love, and how he keeps telling her he's bad for her, and I suppose he is(?) I dunno. I've never read the books or the movie, this is just what I know from bits and pieces.
that's not quite right

How close was I?
I don't recall any mention of the books coming about through Twilight fan fiction.

They are an interesting look into S&M in consensual relationships, and into a different type of relationship

that was a sinister film!

From the books I wouldn't make that association
Lol+d+anyone+have+the+gif+_8fcdb46ce694235cc476e17f80113970.jpg

illK6U.gif

I don't recall any mention of the books coming about through Twilight fan fiction.

They are an interesting look into S&M in consensual relationships, and into a different type of relationship
Background
The Fifty Shades trilogy was developed from a Twilight fan fiction series originally titled Master of the Universe and published episodically on fan-fiction websites under the pen name "Snowqueen's Icedragon". The piece featured characters named after Stephenie Meyer's characters in Twilight, Edward Cullen and Bella Swan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifty_Shades_of_Grey

I think the S&M is just a very small part of the BDSM relationship.

It's mostly just a fantasy for submissive women, where a handsome businessmen billionaire falls in love with plain Jane and gets her into BDSM (and judging by the numbers, a very common fantasy).

I think the S&M is just a very small part of the BDSM relationship.

It's mostly just a fantasy for submissive women, where a handsome businessmen billionaire falls in love with plain Jane and gets her into BDSM (and judging by the numbers, a very common fantasy).
Weird, eh?

I reckon there must be more women into BDSM than blokes. I dunno. That s**t is just weird to me.

Weird, eh?

I reckon there must be more women into BDSM than blokes. I dunno. That s**t is just weird to me.

Hard to say, the vast majority keep it a secret, some even from themselves.

I think this book has definitely made it more main stream and suddenly people are realizing how common it is

On another topics Kingsman was an amazing movie and better than 50 Shades.
Kingsmen was one of the most violent movies I've seen!
(Admittedly in a James Bond sort of way.) and the concept was interesting

But .....
I don't think we like the same type of movie :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kingsmen was one of the most violent movies I've seen!
(Admittedly in a James Bond sort of way.) and the concept was interesting

But .....
I don't think we like the same type of movie :p

Matthew Vaughn is one of best directors out there at the moment. You should check out Kick Ass if you want to push your violence violence fresh hold.

And I think your right.

My movie of the year thus far is imitations games (even though it was released everywhere else last year).

Matthew Vaughn is one of best directors out there at the moment. You should check out Kick Ass if you want to push your violence violence fresh hold.

And I think your right.

My movie of the year thus far is imitations games (even though it was released everywhere else last year).
I think Imitation Game was one of the best movies I've seen!

So there's hope for us yet:D

I just saw Selma it's based on Dr. Martin Luther King trying to get blacks the right to vote in the south.

David Oyelowo was amazing in it but Oprah steals the show whenever she pops her into frame.

I really liked it I totally recommend watching it.

I had a free pass with the missus to go and see The Avengers last night and thank god the tickets were free.

I don't like superhero movies but gee, I hated this!

I heard a review on the radio gave it half a star out of 5 and I thought that was generous.

Sadly it seems there will be another lol

I had a free pass with the missus to go and see The Avengers last night and thank god the tickets were free.

I don't like superhero movies but gee, I hated this!

Uh, so why did you go? Even with free tickets, I wouldn't go see Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2, because I know I'll hate it.

Seems like a strange course of action.

I heard a review on the radio gave it half a star out of 5 and I thought that was generous.

Sadly it seems there will be another lol
Seems like that radio reviewer was in the vast minority, because the only people who liked it more than the reviewers were the fans who went to see it.

There'll be more because it's going to make well over a billion dollars at the box office - The quality doesn't really come into it, but despite that, Marvel movies all get pretty positive reviews. I really do think the problem is you opting to see movies you don't want to see.

Uh, so why did you go? Even with free tickets, I wouldn't go see Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2, because I know I'll hate it.

Seems like a strange course of action.

Seems like that radio reviewer was in the vast minority, because the only people who liked it more than the reviewers were the fans who went to see it.

There'll be more because it's going to make well over a billion dollars at the box office - The quality doesn't really come into it, but despite that, Marvel movies all get pretty positive reviews. I really do think the problem is you opting to see movies you don't want to see.
You're absolutely right. I hate Marvel movies and I'd talked myself into hating it before I got there's trouble was my wife had the free tickets from work and wanted a date night as she organised a baby sitter with her sister. I tried to get out of it, but anyone married knows sometimes that's easier said than done.

I enjoyed the night, just not the movie.

I've heard mixed reviews with Avengers.

Well, mostly me saying I liked it with 8/10 and a lot of others maybe giving like 5/10, 6/10 etc.

I think the biggest difference, is that I went in expecting what it was. Just a bunch of guys with powers fighting eachother in an awesome cinematic and cool way.

The story wasn't that great, and the plot got a bit messy and convoluted, but everything else I thought was great.

Albeit this is coming from the bloke that enjoys watching Transformers in all it's destructive glory.

I liked the Avenger and I didn't like it.

I missed the chemistry that Stark and Banner had in the first one, I preferred the other guy as the Quick Silver and the Black Widow didn't have any scenes where she was up against it and slaughtered everyone in the room.

I'm glad Joss Whedon isn't directing the next one because there's only so much he do to mix things up with this franchise.

So true Vinnie, I don't see how they can possibly top Paul Blart: Mall Cop the original.:eek::D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back