Conspiracy Theory The New Silk Road - Israel

Remove this Banner Ad

PieLebo87

Hall of Famer
Veteran A Star Wars Fan 10k Posts Cake Connoisseur
Sep 14, 2005
Is it a conspiracy though? I initially posted this in the whole Hamas v Israel thread, but it’s off topic there.

Keen to hear thoughts on this.

If you’re simply going to go down the ‘tin foil’ and ‘nothing but conspiracy theory’ route, you’re not contributing towards this conversation in a constructive manner, so please have an open lens.

Everyone is talking about ‘Silk Road’. Of course, America and Israel will not be, and it isn’t in the best interests of the western MSM to talk about it.

We’ve already established and can all agree that war is profitable. I think there is no disputing the military industrial complex.

In this particular conflict, it’s important to understand how the Suez Canal works, and how it impacts the world’s economy.

Now, if you look at how the clearance of Gaza and the ethnic cleansing of Palestinians in Gaza could pave the way for the following -

🇸🇴 on TikTok

Does it really seem that far fetched? Why?

There is enough content about Silk Road online now for people to do their own research and connect the dots.

At the end of the day, war is profitable, if done the right way.

Could it possibly explain the aggression being shown by Israel?

There's a fuller explanation and reasoning behind the theory this new canal, the idea of which harks back to the the 70's Jimmy Carter era, is behind Israel's effectively wiping out Northern Gaza.

I'm not sure it stacks up but might be an interesting discussion. I haven't put the time in yet to integrity check the research.

There's a fuller explanation and reasoning behind the theory this new canal, the idea of which harks back to the the 70's Jimmy Carter era, is behind Israel's effectively wiping out Northern Gaza.

I'm not sure it stacks up but might be an interesting discussion. I haven't put the time in yet to integrity check the research.

Tinfoil hat moment, but conveniently the Beirut mysteriously exploded a few years back and Port Latakia in Syria was bombed by Israel in 2021.

What’s the only major port remaining in the east Mediterranean Middle East?

You guessed it - Port Haifa in Israel.

Makes you wonder…

Has anyone read Confessions of an Economic Hitman?

I'm not saying the theory in the OP is correct but there is absolutely some plausibility to it. It will be (sadly) interesting to watch what happens in Gaza over coming weeks and months.

This is laughable. Any such canal needs to traverse 300m high foothills. It's never been done before, even the Panama canal has an 80m height difference and that's solved by a serious of locks. There's also no water sources in the Negev desert to fill any such canal.
Israel haven't been able to even construct a railway to Eilat in 60 years. There are only two main highways.

The canal plan was a pie in the sky proposal that was never seriously considered back in the 60s. It aint happening now unless the Saudis want to get very friendly with Israel and fund it themselves in exchangae for a shorter route to the Mediterranean. And while Saudi Arabia is now pursuing a peaceful relationship with Israel that just won't happen.

I am unsure how true it is but I've heard whispers that Israel (post war decimation) will use the southern tip of Gaza to create an alternate route to the Suez canal from Mediterranean to Red sea which will then be all through Israel land including what it annexes at that southern tip along the border with Egypt

This was originally proposed in the 1960s

Is that part of the motive here?

The average fee for a ship to use Suez canal is $400K to $700K

Last edited:
A BP spokesperson confirmed that a Socar-led consortium was awarded the licence block.
In July BP, Socar and NewMed had jointly taken part in the licensing tender.
Large gas deposits were discovered in the east Mediterranean over the past decade and a half, and Israel hopes more will be found to increase reserves and advance plans to export gas to Europe, which is looking for new energy sources.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back