VFL The North VFL Thread [2024 - NMFC lt GWS in Rd5 - CT 24d/14m/1.0; Shiels 23d/10tackles/1.0; Sellers 3g; Maley 2g; Bergman 22d; Arch 15d/8m]

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably not as dominant a performance as I was expecting considering the strength of that side and the likelihood of the Bullants being a spoon contender

It’s a staggering fall from grace. Unfortunately is barely vfl standard. It’s a real shame for him.
What grace?

It's a staggering fall from a staggering fall.

His career was a set of mark-kick highlights and high KM/low impact games.

Somehow this still lead to him being rated as a weapon on here.

He's Taylor Garner without the intensity, impact and actual big game moments.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What grace?

It's a staggering fall from a staggering fall.

His career was a set of mark-kick highlights and high KM/low impact games.

Somehow this still lead to him being rated as a weapon on here.

He's Taylor Garner without the intensity, impact and actual big game moments.
He did look a really promising player in his first year or two. Then no where near it.

Probably not as dominant a performance as I was expecting considering the strength of that side and the likelihood of the Bullants being a spoon contender
Cleanliness going inside fifty wasn’t great. Shiels 34 probably went at 40% kicking efficiency. Phillips was the cleanest and neatest going inside fifty, but I feel he’s still building up some match fitness.
Did Comben do enough to justify getting a game next week or is he still a week or two away from getting into the AFL team...
In my opinion, depends on the role. If it is lockdown, then no. If it is third intercepting kpd, then yes. Still looks like a forward trying to learn to be a defender.

Comben looked all at see in those highlights.

Fell over 1 on 1 at 1:14. Let the ball over the back for a goal 4:55 and outmarked on lead at 2:55.

And that’s at vfl level
He is a square block that we're trying to fit into a circle-shaped hole. Needs to be up forward.
It wasn't a rush him back in the side type of performance, no. But comments of the coach and his 7 marks, which is relative to the oppositions limited time going into forward 50, plus his established ability to move and tackle for a big lad, at least gives him some rounded edges to the square peg. He was never going to be instantly afl level defender.

Comben looked all at see in those highlights.

Fell over 1 on 1 at 1:14. Let the ball over the back for a goal 4:55 and outmarked on lead at 2:55.

And that’s at vfl level
That's because he isn't a defender. If you have to learn a role, surely you're being used suboptimally. And no, Sheezel doesn't count because he picked it up in one quarter over a preseason

That's because he isn't a defender. If you have to learn a role, surely you're being used suboptimally. And no, Sheezel doesn't count because he picked it up in one quarter over a preseason
A bloke called Robbie Tarrant was re-trained as a defender; I spent many an afternoon at Werribee oval watching him learn the craft.

Not saying KPD is Charlie's role (I wouldn't claim to know) but plenty have gone back before him

A bloke called Robbie Tarrant was re-trained as a defender; I spent many an afternoon at Werribee oval watching him learn the craft.

Not saying KPD is Charlie's role (I wouldn't claim to know) but plenty have gone back before him
Did Robbie ever look as gleeful and ready to go in the forward role as Charlie? He's so bloody natural in the role (set shots aside) it's not even funny

Remove this Banner Ad

Back