Opinion The 'Official' 2014 AFC Whipping Boy Poll

2014 Adelaide Crows Whipping Watch

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Well he's not there but Jacobs is mine. Jumps before the ball is even bounced, hardly touches it around the ground and is completely lost up forward. We really need him to improve on last year if we are going to be a good team.

BTW can't believe that Douglas or Reilly are there. I would have thought that they have both been really good players who must be around the 200 game mark by now. Obviously some pretty high standards out there.

Well he's not there but Jacobs is mine. Jumps before the ball is even bounced, hardly touches it around the ground and is completely lost up forward. We really need him to improve on last year if we are going to be a good team.

BTW can't believe that Douglas or Reilly are there. I would have thought that they have both been really good players who must be around the 200 game mark by now. Obviously some pretty high standards out there.
Rightly or wrongly Reilly is one of the most criticised of our players on this board, so it's not surprising to see him included.

Reilly and Douglas are on there because they've produced 3 good seasons between them in their careers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where's all the boots up podsiadlys butt?

Every bad loss they'll drop Podsiadly.

Reilly and Douglas are on there because they've produced 3 good seasons between them in their careers.

I know a couple of guys who don't like Reilly (but that's just because Rucci kept writing about Dal Santo being available at that pick I believe) but I must say, I've never met anyone who had a bad word to say about Douglas. Didn't he win our best and Fairest 5 years ago or something and should have won it last year. Like I said, tough crowd. If those two are the worst in your side then you'd have a pretty bloody good side.

Rightly or wrongly Reilly is one of the most criticised of our players on this board, so it's not surprising to see him included.

Well if that's true then I'd say that's it's a good thing that this board doesn't pick our side. He has beautiful disposal, can play tall and has always had great courage (I still remember him standing in front of Travis Cloke in that pre season grand final 10 years ago) and usually gets plenty of it.

BTW I can only imagine what they would do if Bootsma played for us, that lad has to be the worst player to keep getting picked at AFL level that I have ever seen (except perhaps for Ben Marsh).

After last nights performance. The answer has been made obvious.

Welcome JJ as the official 2014 AFC Whipping Boy. Hits the post running into an open goal like a boss! Get's shown up by SMACK too(which I am happy about, hope he goes well)!

Come on Alex where's your sense of humour man???

I'm afraid I'm in Vader's corner on LJ, I too fail to see him being a long term AFL prospect unless he gets some real intensity and real aggression and attack on the ball into his game.

if you're going to make it in life as a whipping boy you need to have a gold pass or at least a perceived one. lj won't have this. he's the type of player that will kick 5 against the reigning premier, have a quiet week and find himself in the magoos. definately need to be looking towards a reilly or a mackay. i haven't given up on vb yet though. if anything goes wrong it's fair to be looking at the captain of the club. the on-field stuff is nowhere near as important as what happens off-field, so the whipping boy doesn't necessarily even need to be playing to earn anti-plaudits.

Mackay is my whipping boy.

Just has average 15 disposal games with minimal hurt factor like every bloody season.

I picked Mackay as well. You forgot to mention he will have that ONE exceptional bit of play every month where he picks the ball up at half back on the half volley, dodges 4 tackles and has 3 bounces before delivering a low 40 metre bullet to the leading forward. Coaches will then get excited that this is the reason they keep him in the side. He then fades into obscurity for the next month.

If Jaensch plays for us then he is my ultimate whipping boy. I am just hopeful that he doesn't get near the best 22 this year.

I know a couple of guys who don't like Reilly (but that's just because Rucci kept writing about Dal Santo being available at that pick I believe) but I must say, I've never met anyone who had a bad word to say about Douglas. Didn't he win our best and Fairest 5 years ago or something and should have won it last year. Like I said, tough crowd. If those two are the worst in your side then you'd have a pretty bloody good side.

2 of the 3 good seasons came from Douglas, and if he continues last years form (which I thought was easily better than his club champion year), then he belongs nowhere near the Whipping Boy Poll. Brent Reilly on the other hand, I was probably being generous. He's had half a good season in his career, and that was as a loose man in defence in 2012. Once our opposition became wise to him cutting up teams as the loose man across half back, they made him accountable, and he quickly returned to the panic faced average plodder we all know and love*.

*cry over/laugh at in frustration

Back