The official Sean McLaren F1 carwagon thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems from your updates like the midfield and defence are getting utterly spanked grimlock , do the members of the McLaren bandwagon need to relocate from the Jones/Hewett/Richards/Aliir bandwagons?

According to the Swans reserves twitter page (not sure who runs that) McLaren kicked 4 goals. That is rather impressive.

Calling it early. Reid to CHB and McLaren into the team as the 4th tall forward/second ruckman :p

I know it was only a NEAFL practice game but he shows quite a few, varied attributes that impressed not only me but other spectators including a few Swans staff who were nearby.

Firstly, very athletic for his height. Covers the ground well, mobility not an issue. Secondly, chases as if his life depended on it and God help you if he catches you because he really made those tackles hurt. Thirdly, looks to have good kicking skills - I already noticed this during the warmups. Perhaps a little one sided (right) could be a criticism. Lastly, good bodywork in one on one contests. Usually in the NEAFL you get some height and weight mismatches but not today as Uni had their fair share of talls

Apparently can pinch in the ruck as well

For 198cm (from memory) he was projected to be either a key back or a forward who could play in the ruck.

But if this is your bandwagon grim, which ones are you giving up ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does he still have the hair from the team photos? I think it's serious hair that suggests he'll be a good player.

I just want a KPD. Is that too much to ask?
Terrible pic but you can kind of make out the hair

QjDUemr.png

Our best KPDs in recent times started as forwards - Grundy, Richards, Leo Barry, LRT

Terrible pic but you can kind of make out the hair

QjDUemr.png

Our best KPDs in recent times started as forwards - Grundy, Richards, Leo Barry, LRT
Yes but thats because they failed at being forwards. Lets hope sean succeeds where the others failed. Id rather the guys we have training to actually be defenders succeed there too.

Yes but thats because they failed at being forwards. Lets hope sean succeeds where the others failed. Id rather the guys we have training to actually be defenders succeed there too.
Peter Faulks. Guy Campbell. Brendan Murphy. Chris Mckaigue. Max Otten. Jack Lynch.

Do any of these names mean anything to you?

Sorry. I'm not getting in that car whilst it's driven by a bloke sporting a manbun.

Well spoken by a bloke named Bruce. Proper man name and not a bun in sight.

I second this sentiment.

out of some weird sense of jealousy, I'm ok with the man bun. He otherwise looks ok, 198cm and already looking mature. He's playing forward but wasn't he noticed by us playing back?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back