The Official Western Conference 1st Round Thread: (3) L.A. Clippers vs (6) Golden State

Who wins?

• SoCal

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • NorCal

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Both teams would lose to the Knicks, the "Best team on paper"

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

48772253.jpg

Do you guys think Griffin will be fined or suspended for that?

Nothing annoys me more when a player does something deliberately, but tries to make it look innocent and unintentional. He obviously thought he was being clever and people would think it was an accident, think again Blake you fool.

I'm guessing the NBA will do nothing about it, Griffin seems to be a bit of a protected species.
The gsw fans were being dipshits, loudly yelling clapping and mocking Griffin's ejection centimetres away from his face. I don't know why anyone thought it was a good idea to let opposition fans sit that close to Clips players, especially if they're gonna act like dickheads. So taking that into consideration those morons can consider themselves lucky it was only water that Blake threw in their faces. Someone like Metta World Peace would not have shown the same amount of restraint.

People are actually hating on Blake for the drink throw? To me it made him more like-able.

The gsw fans were being dipshits, loudly yelling clapping and mocking Griffin's ejection centimetres away from his face. I don't know why anyone thought it was a good idea to let opposition fans sit that close to Clips players, especially if they're gonna act like dickheads. So taking that into consideration those morons can consider themselves lucky it was only water that Blake threw in their faces. Someone like Metta World Peace would not have shown the same amount of restraint.

Aaaaaaand you just went completely the other way in hysterics to those hating on it.

The fans are there to cheer, that's all they were doing. If they were leaning over the table shouting at him they'd be over the line but they did everything they were entitled to do. Don't be so precious, which is exactly what I'd say to those saying Blake was over the line in doing what he did.

Just a great moment, not one that needs over-playing as some kind of possible Ron Artest moment.

Do you guys think Griffin will be fined or suspended for that?

Nothing annoys me more when a player does something deliberately, but tries to make it look innocent and unintentional. He obviously thought he was being clever and people would think it was an accident, think again Blake you fool.

I'm guessing the NBA will do nothing about it, Griffin seems to be a bit of a protected species.
you gotta know what type of guy blake is, loves his humor. he didnt really try and make it look accidental, throws the cup at the guy and grins as he walks off and protected species nope Blake gets techs when other players grab him

Pet hate: when a whistle blows (for a timeout etc) and a player takes a shot afterwards, it's annoying when they cut to another camera before the ball gets to the rim.

I just wanna see if it goes in.
Generally some lanky black dude sticks his long arm up jumps about 2cm off the ground and swats it away. If it's a white guy under the rim it goes in.

I would expect game 2 to be a little more lax on the fouls. They set the tone on the first foul on Lee.

The fans are there to cheer,
Any douchebags that start heckling and clapping in an exaggerated manner (they were pretty still and quiet before Griffin started getting near) whenever an ejected/fouled out player heads their way (Blake had to go there as that's where Rivers was waiting for him) deserve everything they get.

They're lucky Blake didn't single them out to security for inappropriate front seat behaviour.

Any douchebags that start heckling and clapping in an exaggerated manner (they were pretty still and quiet before Griffin started getting near) whenever an ejected/fouled out player heads their way (Blake had to go there as that's where Rivers was waiting for him) deserve everything they get.

They're lucky Blake didn't single them out to security for inappropriate front seat behaviour.

I'm personally a sit and watch player at games but if a professional sportsman can't handle some exaggerated clapping and heckling behind them we might as well shut down sports altogether.

Blake is a big boy and handled it very well. It clearly didn't anger him, he just gave them a bit back. You're overreacting.

Clippers need to tighten up a few things D.

Their big men gravitated perhaps a bit too much to the Warriors shooters as the they curled around screens, which led to the beautiful 2-on-1 interior passing from the Warriors.

And similarly when the Clips doubled-teamed Curry off the pick & roll, the big man who received the pass again faced that numnerical advantage and again did a great job of making the most of it (usually it was David Lee attacking the rim for a layup).

Big Baby got a good ovation when he subbed out in the last Quarter, but I thought he was one of the main culprits in those defensive breakdowns.

Warriors turnovers didn't hurt them too much since their transition D was pretty solid.

There's been a lot of talk about the small Warriors frontcourt minus Bogut...Another thing to watch as the series progresses is how the small 3-guard backcourt that Rivers likes playing (Paul, Collison, Reddick/Crawford) matches up against the bigger Warriors backcourt (Curry, Klay, Iduodala/Barnes).

...And by the way, I thought what Griffin did was hilarious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yawn. I can't see the Warriors taking this series, Boguts loss is huge for them. They will need Klay and Curry to go nuts

Back