The Perth Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a public forum mate, save the silly racial nicknames for the family dinner table.

Asian drivers might sometimes lack in the skills department, but I've never seen them drive aggressively or be overly impatient. Might be something your average Anglo motorist could learn off them.

I'm Asian myself

This is a public forum mate, save the silly racial nicknames for the family dinner table.

Asian drivers might sometimes lack in the skills department, but I've never seen them drive aggressively or be overly impatient. Might be something your average Anglo motorist could learn off them.

That is just plain wrong.

We are known for many things but having patience on the road isn't one of them.

Last edited:

I don't like how quick we've hit 2m, our infrastructure sucks arse.
You lot voted for the wrong people. Labor builds infrastructure. The Libs panic about how much debt it causes and do everything half-arsed.

If there's a politics ban itt, just ignore what I said.

Debt but with infrastructure, or crap infrastructure with no debt?
Infrastructure and debt. It's the only way to afford it in most cases and it's a way for future generations to pay their share of the infrastructure they will be using. The recent attempt to amalgamate local governments was based on a systemic sustainability study that said they weren't sustainable in the long term. One of the main points the report made note of was the fact that local governments don't borrow enough money to undertake larger infrastructure programs.

Squealing about debt all the time is a smoke screen. I'm surprised that people keep falling for it.

Feel bad for a lot of truckies, most the guys i deal with are doing 5am starts till 3-4pm. I couldn't do it. for just glorified steering wheel attendants. I know one bloke who does a delivery for me at like 9-10am, Will actually have a nap in his truck from when he's finished doing his s**t for 30 minutes because he's stuffed and needs to do that to get through the day.

There are a couple of developers in the inner city area (Joondanna, North Perth, Leederville, Tuart Hill) that are building apartment block after apartment block. Now I'm all for inner city infill but it's imo heading towards saturation and it's one thing to keep approving these development but the local council also need to be putting the infrastructure in place to cater for this new influx of people that will be living in these areas. It's not good enough to keep issuing approvals and expecting the locals to just cop it - an example is the completion of 3 sets of 9 apartments in the one street in Joondanna - only 9 bays allocated for parking at each apartment block but the reality is that on average when you have 2&3 bedroom apartments you are going to have more than 1 person living in them - where then do these people park. Our suburban streets are just not built for cars to be parked either side of the roads. Developers need to be made more accountable and local councils need to look a little further than just the extra income the rates bring to the area. /rant

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.news.com.au/national/dis...-on-perth-family/story-fncynjr2-1227287653782

Pretty shocking.

Whilst I don't condone the racial abuse or threatening them with a crowbar, you do wonder what set her off in the first place.
You wonder what the world's coming to when you can't innocently walk in front of somebody's house wielding a crowbar without being accosted.

The Port Pirie woman flashing her boobs at the Google street view car was pretty shocking too.

You wonder what the world's coming to when you can't innocently walk in front of somebody's house wielding a crowbar without being accosted.

The Port Pirie woman flashing her boobs at the Google street view car was pretty shocking too.
But a better type of shocking.

The good news is she's not racist at all, she has many friends from other races, but...

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/26890747/family-target-of-alleged-racist-rant/

Oh dear...

“I’m not a racist, I believe in living and let live but these days you are a nothing if you’re an Aussie,” she said.

“The climate in society today is dictating that I am a minority in my own country and if that makes me a racist well then I must be but I don’t believe myself to be a racist, I have many friends from many different countries,” she said.

I wonder if the court case will stop her getting to her next Klan rally?

Oh dear...

I wonder if the court case will stop her getting to her next Klan rally?
"We'll DIG OUT WAY OUT!"

Digup.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back