The Perth Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apn must make so much bloody money. All they have to do is throw up a sign here and there and companies are paying through the nose to get their adverts up there.
I already struggle when I drive through areas like Cannington, with all the advertising on the sides of roads and the shops all vying for attention. Can never find the place I'm looking for and I find it quite overwhelming :(

cronut???
really?
:eek:
That HAS to be some sort of American invention... surely?

I had a 'croissan'wich' at Burger King in a US airport. It was not something I would choose to eat again but it was still better than tonight's cronut, which had no doughnut-like qualities at all. Wasn't even round.

Double%20CROISSAN%27WICH_0.png

I had a 'croissan'wich' at Burger King in a US airport. It was not something I would choose to eat again but it was still better than tonight's cronut, which had no doughnut-like qualities at all. Wasn't even round.

Double%20CROISSAN%27WICH_0.png
Well at least THAT looks edible. I love the butteriness of croissants- but somehow can't imagine a doughnut with that same taste.

I don't understand how it works either. A croissant is a baked pastry that is folded multiple during preparation. A doughnut is some dough fried in hot oil. They aren't even similar. Maybe Krispy Kreme will start selling them outside my Bunnings and make me hate them more.

Should've just had a doughnut.

Heading into kings park now (probably already too late get a good spot). Missus Pop used to go every year but he passed away last year so dispite the big crowd we'll head into kings park.

Where's everyone else going?
Bicton- can stand front and centre and see and hear everything :) Hope the speakers are better than last year- couldn't hear very well at all cos they were on the blink :(
Good luck with getting a view! Last year there were 40,000 people- this year I wouldn't be surprised to hear that has doubled.

Bicton- can stand front and centre and see and hear everything :) Hope the speakers are better than last year- couldn't hear very well at all cos they were on the blink :(
Good luck with getting a view! Last year there were 40,000 people- this year I wouldn't be surprised to hear that has doubled.
Got a pretty good view in the end so was well worth it :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kudos to those who go - I've never been a morning person and the love of a warm bed wins everytime.

My daughter is an Anzac baby and every year since she was 17 she has gone to the Kings Park service - this year she passed due to the expected increased crowds and the thought of having to get there so early for a good viewing spot.

Kudos to those who go - I've never been a morning person and the love of a warm bed wins everytime.

My daughter is an Anzac baby and every year since she was 17 she has gone to the Kings Park service - this year she passed due to the expected increased crowds and the thought of having to get there so early for a good viewing spot.
That's a shame that she didn't go. I always feels very emotional when I attend. And today was even more special because I learned- only last night- that my Dad's father (who passed away before I was born) was one of those who landed at Gallipoli. I can't remember Dad ever mentioning it- he himself served in WWII- but my brother posted something on a Facebook late yesterday and my son went and searched up all the info on the net about his G-Grandfather and found all his service records, etc.

Good to hear that Milang_Panthers got to Kings Park in time for a good spot but I looked at his 3am posting time earlier this morning and gave a shudder. That is REAL dedication! :( I got up at 5am- we still go to Bicton, despite there being services closer to where we live now and my daughter, who now lives up near UWA, went to the Kings Park service for the first time - she said she was going to walk and thought it would take her 45 minutes.

It was such a beautiful morning- it always seems to be nice weather for our ANZAC services, come to think of it :)

I haven't been to a dawn service for a few years. I'll probably go again in a couple of years when it stops being trendy.

Social media has been absolutely nauseating today. First rule about ANZAC Day, let every ******* person in the world know your every movement on ANZAC Day.
Couldn't agree more mate. People just in front of us spent a good 5 minutes trying to take the perfect selfie with the memorial in the background then put it straight on to Facebook :mad:

I've only been to one dawn service. Gallipoli itself.

Once is enough. I won't begrudge others commemorating it how they would, or where they would, as long as they don't make it a political statement.

I am probably also not the only Western Australian to look forward more to the long weekend because of Anzac Day, than Anzac Day itself.

In addition, I personally believe it has lost its way here in Australia, but that's my own opinion and I don't express it publicly.

One of my friends pulls out the same profile pic each year. Ugh.

I intend to go to Anzac Cove one day, but it won't be on April 25th and it sure as hell won't be with a tour group of bogans in yellow hoodies.

Historic sites are like museums. You go there, you shut the * up and you pay your respects. You don't 'check in' and start hashtagging. It's so, so cringeworthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back