The Philadelphia Experiment - Maxey Better Sadly

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching Okafor today helped. Was scoring even in triple teams.

But the Embiid news was worst case scenario stuff. Will let it run it's course, and then see where he's at this time next year. FWIW he seems determined to get through this. Hopefully he does.

I actually spent ten minutes researching bone grafts for navicular fractures.

Embiid (finally) having surgery. Still hopeful that it'll turn out for the best.

And we're not bringing back J-Rich, headed to ATL. So assuming that Landry and Wallace will be shipped off, by the trade deadline in Feb at the absolute latest, this is going to be a seriously young team. Covington would be the oldest at 24, which is hilarious but a bit concerning if this get really rough this season.

Yeah, no worries. Can get something down by tomorrow night.

Awesome, cheers.

I'm happy to handle the nuts & bolts (ins, outs, etc) if that suits you, and then leave you a section to give a Sixer perspective - how does that sound?

Whenever you've got got a minute just PM me your thoughts and I'll quote you verbatim in the preview

OK slight change of plans! Stewie was feeling especially industrious this morning and hammered out the Philly preview in record time, so if you just PM him your thoughts he'll add them to his post - always great to get a fan's perspective.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My predicted roster for the upcoming season:

C: Okafor / Aldemiir / Embiid
PF: Noel / Holmes / Landry
SF: Covington / Grant / Sampson
SG: Thompson / Stauskas / Wroten
PG: Marshall / Jackson / Canaan

Wroten as our starting Point Guard but I put him at SG balance the depth chart. :D

Anybody know anything about Christian Wood?

Wroten as our starting Point Guard but I put him at SG balance the depth chart. :D

Lots of potential, should have been a first round talent but went undrafted mainly because of a perceived lack of work ethic. Will be one to watch for sure though.

Probably,
C: Okafor
PF: Noel
SF: Covington
SG: Sauce Castillo
PG: Wroten
On opening night against Boston because of Marshall's ACL. Does anyone know how long until he's able to play.

Other Sixers fans on Bigfooty, this is great!

Firstly, Welcome!

To your point on Marshall, think he's a 'probable' to be ready for season opener, heard that he should be right by then. Not necessarily his if ready though, especially if someone else impresses during training camp.

I haven't been following Sauce in the Americas, so I don't know what he's been up to. But Saric has been going well at the EuroBaskets!! Can't wait for him to come along.

Sluggish start, but been fantastic since. Been as important as Wiggins to get Canada to the Semis. Definite starter.

I haven't been following Sauce in the Americas, so I don't know what he's been up to. But Saric has been going well at the EuroBaskets!! Can't wait for him to come along.

The problem with Dario is that he's a very similar player to Ben Simmons tbh. Simmons is a franchise player and thn some, and so if we pick up Simmons I think we'll jettison Dario for some needed pieces

The problem with Dario is that he's a very similar player to Ben Simmons tbh. Simmons is a franchise player and thn some, and so if we pick up Simmons I think we'll jettison Dario for some needed pieces

Good problem to have and the genius of the point forward is that they're capable of playing multiple positions. Very possible though that by the end of our second pick of next year's draft (assuming it's a Lakers top 10), we'll have our starting 5 for the next 5-10 years. And a Saric coming off the bench, would be too hot for other team's to handle.

The Box Score +/- actually tell the story of the game. Bench is razor thin, but Stausaks, Marshall, Wroten will help when season proper starts.

Warsaw, you come across Geltzeiler's SI article?

A lot of it I thought was hyperbolic and some of it demonstrably incorrect, interested to get your views on Embiid's supposed attitude problems though, of course factoring in his brother's death.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back