Mega Thread The Questions Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah Melbourne to Sydney would probably be fine. If there is any issue in the Jetstar network they always pull the plane from the Tas routes leaving the Tas routes perenially delayed. I always fly Virigin.

I ended up booking Virgin to Tassie. I took the advice here, and I just couldn’t bring myself to book Jetstar.

Didn’t book anything for Sydney, I may yet drive it… much as I always regret getting to Albury and realising I’m not yet half way. (I usually get drivers arm sunburn doing that too!)

Settle an argument for me BF brains trust.

Noisy farting in middle age - still hilarious, or a sign one needs to grow up? (I’m sure you know where I landed in the argument!)

Always hilarious.

Chief is BigSoccer still a sister site? I note it doesn't have any mention to the Big Interest Group and doesn't share a theme with BigFooty/BigCricket.

Chief is BigSoccer still a sister site? I note it doesn't have any mention to the Big Interest Group and doesn't share a theme with BigFooty/BigCricket.
No it is not.

Listening to the radio today and they had on a newsbreak that less than x percent of people know someone elses phone number by heart.

It is something I have thought about before. As a kid I knew our home number, grand parents home numbers, friends phone numbers etc by heart.

As soon as mobiles came around you just save the number in contacts and never give it another thought.

Do you know anyone's number these days?

I know Mum's mobile but only because it is the Telstra exchange plus our old home phone number.

Listening to the radio today and they had on a newsbreak that less than x percent of people know someone elses phone number by heart.

It is something I have thought about before. As a kid I knew our home number, grand parents home numbers, friends phone numbers etc by heart.

As soon as mobiles came around you just save the number in contacts and never give it another thought.

I know Mum's mobile but only because it is the Telstra exchange plus our old home phone number.
It's funny. I can remember home phone numbers from when I was a kid but the only mobile I know off heart is mine. Wifey takes it personally that I still don't know her number after 25 years. 😂

It's funny. I can remember home phone numbers from when I was a kid but the only mobile I know off heart is mine. Wifey takes it personally that I still don't know her number after 25 years. 😂
Exactly the same, I can remember the phone number of the house we lived in Melbourne in the late 1970s and yet mine's the only one I know too.

I have heard that the kids are all about Insta handles now.

Mum, wife.

As a teenager (when using the home phone), probably knew about 15 numbers in my head.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was thinking of switching from Telstra to Woolworths Mobile. Anyone had any good/bad experiences?
We’ve been on Woolworths mobile for a couple of years. No issues at all and we get 10% of our shopping bill a month with them which is handy considering we have 5 phones on woolies so we save 20-30$ a week.

Dunno why anyone goes with telstra or optus directly. Use a reseller with cheaper plans and same network.
The discount we get with our woolies phone pays for our yearly plan.

Dunno why anyone goes with telstra or optus directly. Use a reseller with cheaper plans and same network.

Depends on the extra benefits. We have internet with Vodafone and get it cheaper each month because my phone is with them.

Depends on the extra benefits. We have internet with Vodafone and get it cheaper each month because my phone is with them.
How much do they charge for internet? Again with that i go with smaller onsellers rather than telstra, optus or vodafone.

I know optus customers get optus sport in some circumstances (but if you buy that standalone and go with small mobile seller i think you can still be ahead)

How much do they charge for internet? Again with that i go with smaller onsellers rather than telstra, optus or vodafone.

I know optus customers get optus sport in some circumstances (but if you buy that standalone and go with small mobile seller i think you can still be ahead)

I think we are on the $100 a month plan but get $15 off with my phone.

I looked at Aussie BB but IIRC at the time the prices between the two were comparable so it made sense to go with Vodafone. We also barely have any problems with them and the one time we did have a big problem the customer service was excellent.

Back when I got my first phone Telstra was the only carrier that would get any reception in a lot of areas of Tasmania. Things have changed since, but I've just never bothered changing.

Has to be Telstra in WA, Coverage is still an issue - even then Telstra is a worry at times in some spots. Know a few who carry satellite phones as a just in case
But you get telstra with aldi sim for example is what i am saying

Remove this Banner Ad

Back