Mega Thread The Questions Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

I asked this in the music thread, but thought I might get a quicker reply here...

Years ago I used to rag on guys who would wear earplugs to gigs.

Now I'm on the wrong side of 40, and I find myself going to at least 1-2 gigs a month... and I need to join the earplug crowd.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I don't even really know what I'm looking for in in earplugs to I guess "quieten and clarify" concert noise.
Just go to your local guitar/instrument dealer. You can get some great reuseable ones that even have interchangeable inners that attenuate at different levels. Something like this would be fine. There's a number of different kinds around this price point. They're probably all fine. $23.

When you're in a bad mood or not feeling well, do you prefer to watch/read something that matches your mood or something funny to pull you out of it?
Good question. I know when I’m hungry i dont watch cooking shows.
As to your question i think i lean towards trying to change my mood. So if sad ill watch a comedy

When you're in a bad mood or not feeling well, do you prefer to watch/read something that matches your mood or something funny to pull you out of it?

I have a select few films/TV Shows and video games that I will turn to no matter the genre or mood. I refer to them as my 'comfort' shows. In terms of reading, I will just read whatever I am reading at the time.

I put on techno or trance music and relive the glorious 90’s club scene to get me back into a good mood.

Thanks everyone, usually I watch something sad when I don’t feel great. I read a pretty harrowing book yesterday though so I thought I’d give something funny a go and it SEMI WORKED at making me feel better. Who’da thunk it?!

yes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks everyone, usually I watch something sad when I don’t feel great. I read a pretty harrowing book yesterday though so I thought I’d give something funny a go and it SEMI WORKED at making me feel better. Who’da thunk it?!
Fart videos on Instagram always lift my spirits

What do you do if you find random car keys on the street?

I was walking the pooch yesterday and found a very prominent BMW key on the footpath. I clicked the buttons, the car was only 50 metres away... All I could think to do was leave it on the bonnet. I wasn't sure they'd find it on the car seat or in the ignition, I'm not sure if the car would've locked the owner out with the keys inside, taking them with me and posting on facebook seemed by far the least efficient option.

The car was there for someone to steal if they wanted it, cos it was a white beamer with a big black key ring sitting on the bonnet. (I didn't think to check whether it was still there this morning, we walked the other way.)

What do you do if you find random car keys on the street?

I was walking the pooch yesterday and found a very prominent BMW key on the footpath. I clicked the buttons, the car was only 50 metres away... All I could think to do was leave it on the bonnet. I wasn't sure they'd find it on the car seat or in the ignition, I'm not sure if the car would've locked the owner out with the keys inside, taking them with me and posting on facebook seemed by far the least efficient option.

The car was there for someone to steal if they wanted it, cos it was a white beamer with a big black key ring sitting on the bonnet. (I didn't think to check whether it was still there this morning, we walked the other way.)
If you lived nearby you could leave a note with your number.

If you lived nearby you could leave a note with your number.

I didn’t have a pen… but you’re right, I should’ve done that - walked the 200m home, got a pen, and left a note :(

I didn’t have a pen… but you’re right, I should’ve done that - walked the 200m home, got a pen, and left a note :(
Instead you probably started a big fight between a husband and wife about "why would you leave the car keys on the bonnet?? you idiot."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back