Mega Thread The Questions Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

It could differ state to state - but I'm pretty sure most renting bodies don't care. The obligation is to pay the rent to the landlord, how it is paid between the tenants is entirely a civil matter.

I've heard stories like this before and it's usually quite a pain to resolve.
is the best bet for the remaining tenants to somehow terminate the lease? do all signatories need to agree to terminate or can it be majority of them?

is the best bet for the remaining tenants to somehow terminate the lease? do all signatories need to agree to terminate or can it be majority of them?

Unfortunately, my legal knowledge is restricted to the post above. You could probably work with the landlord directly to resolve it, but it'd be up to them whether it's worth their effort.

Unfortunately, my legal knowledge is restricted to the post above. You could probably work with the landlord directly to resolve it, but it'd be up to them whether it's worth their effort.
im the landlord in this case. i had one of my tenants (who i knew before they rented my place) just bring me up to speed with the situation. they are speaking with the real estate manager to see what options are. im happy to terminate it and re-sign a new one with remaining tenants if that will solve it

thanks for replies

im the landlord in this case. i had one of my tenants (who i knew before they rented my place) just bring me up to speed with the situation. they are speaking with the real estate manager to see what options are. im happy to terminate it and re-sign a new one with remaining tenants if that will solve it

thanks for replies

Oh ok - Good luck!

Reasonable, logical and forward-thinking.

What have you done with the real Billy Ray?

Reasonable, logical and forward-thinking.

What have you done with the real Billy Ray?
ha!
i just dont know how easy it willbe for tem to evict him so to speak and whether he also need to sign any break lease
farout - who would wanna be a landlord

ha!
i just dont know how easy it willbe for tem to evict him so to speak and whether he also need to sign any break lease
farout - who would wanna be a landlord

Can you not give them notice you are terminating the lease and then just re-lease it to those you want renting it

Can you not give them notice you are terminating the lease and then just re-lease it to those you want renting it
i think i then have responsibilities about finding them new place or somthing - new laws giving tenants more rights etc

but looking into that as yeh,thats what i wanna do

edit: so i wouldbe up for 'moving costs'
which (given some tenants wouldnt be moving, i could just flick then $500 which in reality could be $500 from the other tenants who want them out and not me at all!)

-----------------------------
If a tenant or property manager/owner ends a fixed term agreement before the end date they are breaking the agreement. This is also known as breaking the lease.

A tenancy agreement is legally binding and can only be ended for certain reasons. If either the property manager/owner or the tenant breaks the agreement, compensation will probably need to be paid.

If the tenant or property manager/owner is experiencing excessive hardship (e.g. serious financial or health issues) they may make an urgent application to QCAT for an order terminating the agreement. However, QCAT may order compensation to be paid even if the agreement is terminated.

Compensation​

Money may be owed as a result of breaking the lease. This is considered compensation.

Examples:

• If the tenant breaks the lease, they may need to pay for the loss of rent until the property is re-let or until the end of the tenancy agreement. They may also have to pay reasonable re-letting and advertising costs.
  • If the property manager/owner breaks the lease, they may have to pay for the tenant’s moving costs.
Any compensation, or payment options for the amount, should be discussed between the tenant and the property manager/owner (this could include how the bond is to be paid out).

The property manager/owner must mitigate any loss associated with breaking the lease

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I asked this in the music thread, but thought I might get a quicker reply here...

Years ago I used to rag on guys who would wear earplugs to gigs.

Now I'm on the wrong side of 40, and I find myself going to at least 1-2 gigs a month... and I need to join the earplug crowd.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I don't even really know what I'm looking for in in earplugs to I guess "quieten and clarify" concert noise.

I asked this in the music thread, but thought I might get a quicker reply here...

Years ago I used to rag on guys who would wear earplugs to gigs.

Now I'm on the wrong side of 40, and I find myself going to at least 1-2 gigs a month... and I need to join the earplug crowd.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I don't even really know what I'm looking for in in earplugs to I guess "quieten and clarify" concert noise.
You want Loops Loop Experience Plus: 23 dB Sound Control

What can I do to stop my dog from digging under our gate and escaping? He's done it twice in two days and we've had to leave work to get him home.
Might be boredom, does he have things to play with? What sort of dog?

howdy
looking to get some tickets for MCG games later this season
looking at Q52 and Q53
Q52 (closer to wing) only has them from about row V and higher
Q53 has more available and i could get row L (which has the walkway in front)

im leaning towards Q53 row L so no-one in front of me - but are there an issues with that row i havent thought of?

1709613658991.png

He’s a staffy x Great Dane
He has all the toys he could ever want, including his own sandpit, kongs with treats, licky mats, a pool etc
Wonder if there is a bitch on heat that he can smell?

howdy
looking at Q52 and Q53

im leaning towards Q53 row L so no-one in front of me - but are there an issues with that row i havent thought of?

View attachment 1920058
try this bad boy Find my seat

howdy
looking at Q52 and Q53

View attachment 1920058

Why are you looking in the nose bleeds?!

The closer you are to the front, the more likely you are to cop rain - that's the issue you haven't considered.

Why are you looking in the nose bleeds?!

The closer you are to the front, the more likely you are to cop rain - that's the issue you haven't considered.
i cant stand watching from level 1 as its too low (and level 2 and / or 3 not available), leaves me level 4 which i go for closer to front but hopefully under the roof line

edit - i guess the back of level 1 could be ok, i just dont feel i am high enough.

i cant stand watching from level 1 as its too low (and level 2 and / or 3 not available), leaves me level 4 which i go for closer to front but hopefully under the roof line

edit - i guess the back of level 1 could be ok, i just dont feel i am high enough.

They're expensive seats, but I like level N behind the goals at the city end, or level P in the pocket at the Punt Road end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back