AFL Club
West Coast
Happens every year.

So what will unfold in 2023?

fail merry go round GIF
Happy Black And White GIF by Bayerischer Rundfunk
Merry Go Round Dog GIF

Eagles chasing a #1 ruck not a back up.

Bailey Williams to play more forward in 2024.

Flynn UFA Giants
Sweet Bulldogs

Both linked to Eagles this trade period.

Last edited:
grundy to port adelaide
lycett to geelong as a stopgap whilst conway develops
sydney could do worse than going after flynn
goldstein appears set to move if he wants to keep playing but not sure theres an obvious suitor?

I think the issue with goldy is his family situation he wont move interstate and i dont think he would move to geel either. It will be inner urban melb or retire.
Grundy clearly doesnt want to leave melb (the city not the club) but he will have to move to syd or SA.

A bunch of lower tier rucks will change clubs as always. We need one i can see us taking either lycett or flynn as an FA stopgap. I could also see us trading for soldo but id prefer that less.

Apart from grundy
Lycett
Flynn
Hayes (probably gets delisted and picked up DFA)
Sweet
Maybe Soldo
Strachan
Reidy potentially

Would be the main rucks moving id say.

Geelong, sydney, west coast, port, plus possibly collingwood all buyers for rucks you would imagine.

grundy to port adelaide
lycett to geelong as a stopgap whilst conway develops
sydney could do worse than going after flynn
goldstein appears set to move if he wants to keep playing but not sure theres an obvious suitor?

If we can't get Grundy I'd be going after Goldy for 2 years.

Reckon we will trade out Soldo if there is interest from another club. He is arguably a better 1st ruck than Nank but he is also our captain...

It doesn't make a lot of sense to keep Soldo IMO. Perfect opportunity to lose someone you can afford to lose and get some additional draft capital in return.

Ryan has a future and it's important to get games into him. Soldo just complicates that whilst Nankervis provides terrific protection for Ryan who is still a kid.

It doesn't make a lot of sense to keep Soldo IMO. Perfect opportunity to lose someone you can afford to lose and get some additional draft capital in return.

Ryan has a future and it's important to get games into him. Soldo just complicates that whilst Nankervis provides terrific protection for Ryan who is still a kid.
Yeah 100%. He is expendable and Samson Ryan is developing nicely to takeover from Nank. Soldo is contracted so if someone wants him we should get a good deal out of it. He is probably the 2nd best available ruck on the market after Grundy so I think there will he takers.

No need to have three primary rucks on the list....

Reckon we will trade out Soldo if there is interest from another club. He is arguably a better 1st ruck than Nank but he is also our captain...

Agreed bc i doubt you play them both.
Soldo is not a world better but an ok ruckman. Would find a home somewhere.

Absolutely, cheap as chips, we could do worse. If we miss out on Grundy, he'd buy us time, wouldn't cost a lot either.

I dont think goldy would move interstate bc of his kids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Strachan has been pretty good from what I've seen in his limited opportunities. I doubt Adelaide let him go whilst he's contracted
We should trade Strachan as same age as O'Brien & we need a younger ruckman... although there are rumours ROB wants to Melbourne to further his studied.

Surprised Sam Day is not on this list UFA and can pinch hit in the ruck. Could work as the Grundy replacement.

Soldo to Adelaide
Goldstein to Essendon
Lycett to Geelong
Sweet to Port
Grundy to Sydney
Flynn to West Coast
Strachan to Western Bulldogs

Or Eagles.

Flynn a bit young for Geelong.;)

Hence why Lycett linked to Geelong. Stop gap until Conway is ready.

Be interesting to see if port upgrade their offer to lycett as a backup now grundy isnt coming. Otherwise i agree he might come to us.

I would prefer flynn though. Briggs signing today would confirm flynn is going.

Soldo to Adelaide
Goldstein to Essendon
Lycett to Geelong
Sweet to Port
Grundy to Sydney
Flynn to West Coast
Strachan to Western Bulldogs

Why would soldo go to adel him and ROB cant play in same side. Agree with all the rest except strachan.

Be interesting to see if port upgrade their offer to lycett as a backup now grundy isnt coming. Otherwise i agree he might come to us.

I would prefer flynn though. Briggs signing today would confirm flynn is going.
Do you think we're still on the merry go round after picking up smoking Joe Furphy?

I think they might rather use the list spot on mids or defenders and use Jack Henry/sdk/Hawkins to pinch hit. Not that I think Furphy will earn games, but it's just a lot of rucks in the at once.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back