Rumour Draft Rumours 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Im not sure even 10 and 14 will get 7 (for curtin) if wce are offering an fr1 though.

GWS reportedly want Leake at 7 who they can get at 10 plus get 14 as a free hit so great deal for them. WC F1 is better but they might figure they are in the window and are better off getting 2 really good talents now then 1 exceptional one in the future.

Also, there is no standout no 1 pick next year (so far) and no guarantee that Westcoast holds it either.

GWS reportedly want Leake at 7 who they can get at 10 plus get 14 as a free hit so great deal for them. WC F1 is better but they might figure they are in the window and are better off getting 2 really good talents now then 1 exceptional one in the future.

Also, there is no standout no 1 pick next year (so far) and no guarantee that Westcoast holds it either.

I get that but next years draft is so good at the top end that adelaide cant compete with a top 5 pick next year. Say pick 3 next year is way better than 10 and 14 this year.

If they want Leake they would take Curtin. Curtin just the better version of Leake basically.

Talk of F1st + 10 being involved.
GWS prefer it over WC F1.

Expect CURTIN to be Crows player on Monday.
Well you are a Knight so I suppose we should find you credible... You're also a plastic food pushing, redheaded weirdo with a very unusual penchant for ugly clothes, large shoes and building playgrounds to attract children.

A top 5 pick isn't going to help GWS win the 2024 premiership. 10 & 14 could. If GWS prefer the Crows offer I suspect that would be why.

Any player in the top 5 next year over the long run will be vastly better than 2 picked in the teens this year. It isnt close imo.

Any player in the top 5 next year over the long run will be vastly better than 2 picked in the teens this year. It isnt close imo.

No guarantee to be better but agree the pick is worth more. Missed my point though. What I'm saying is it is irrelevent how good that top 5 pick ends up being if what GWS want is players to help them win the 2024 premiership.

Not saying that's what they want either. I don't know. But if it is I could understand why Adelaide's offer might be more attractive.

No guarantee to be better but agree the pick is worth more. Missed my point though. What I'm saying is it is irrelevent how good that top 5 pick ends up being if what GWS want is players to help them win the 2024 premiership.

Not saying that's what they want either. I don't know. But if it is I could understand why Adelaide's offer might be more attractive.
How many first year players have been pivotal to their team winning a premiership?

Twomey told me in confidence that the Swans will pick up a blond haired flanker rated in the 4th round, with their first pick in the draft
Mustn't of been serious if he did say anything to you, since he has put a ruck Will Green as his prediction for their first round pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You seem saltier than my chips :)
I certainly feel just as fatty at the moment and have my own secret sauce!

icegif-443.gif

Guys are all these "rumours" actually legit or are people just throwing hypotheticals all over the place? Not sure whether these reports are based on clubs actually saying they will take a certain player.

Guys are all these "rumours" actually legit or are people just throwing hypotheticals all over the place? Not sure whether these reports are based on clubs actually saying they will take a certain player.
It's big footy

Agree M Malice , succinctly put, every single draft has same reaction, most supporters are keen and passionately biased, that’s why we love this great game and it’s primordial rivalry.

WC (and in particular new CEO Pyke)apparently so desperate for curtin ,outside of north not picking him, are considering throwing in this years 2nd rounder to grab either GWS or Geelong first

WC board desperate to sell some hope to the eagles various disgruntled coterie groups .
So pick 7 for F1 and 23? Is this the crux of what you’ve heard?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back