Rumour Draft Rumours 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

D
If they want Leake they would take Curtin. Curtin just the better version of Leake basically.
Disagree. Leake’s more versatile, a better athlete, quicker and more aggressive.

If you don’t think Curtin can play midfield (and few 197cm players can) then he can be a very good 2nd/3rd tall back. Which isn’t a need for GWS.

If he doesn’t get a game in their best 22 backline Leake will push for games across half forward (Dan Lloyd role), rotate on to a wing, even be a really fun sub option.

How many first year players have been pivotal to their team winning a premiership?
Less about 2024 and more about list balance from 2025-2028.

GWS are the poster child for an oversupply of highly drafted (often Victorian) midfielders being of no use.

Unless the guy they pick is good enough to crack a midfield of Green, Coniglio, Kelly, Callaghan, Ash they’re better off adding a utility who will help them win more games.

If Watson is available at Pick 7 (after Walter bid), do the Demons take him?

I really thought the Dogs would be more keen on Watto but seems like they'd actually take Sanders over him, which I find strange.

According to Cal they do a forward line of Pickett and Watson would be dangerous
That would make sense. I just don't know why Hawthorn should take Watson. Sure he's a great talent but it would be mad to pass on Curtin given how many players we can roll through as "small forwards" with our current list. Key position stocks are weak for us.

Strong talk out of Melbourne now :
10+F2 for 7;
7 for WC F1;
14 and 20 for 9

Use 9 for O'Sullivan/Leake

Trade our future 1st to get back in for Edwards/Goad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Strong talk out of Melbourne now :
10+F2 for 7;
7 for WC F1;
14 and 20 for 9

Use 9 for O'Sullivan/Leake

Trade our future 1st to get back in for Edwards/Goad.
So....

Out: 10, 14, 20 and F2
In: 9, WC F1 (2024 pick 1 or 2)

So basically you think Essendon can get #1 or #2 2024 pick with 10 and a F2 (assuming 9 is worth around 14 + 20)

No way in hell is that happening!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back