Rumour Draft Rumours 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

The value on the night is different than the value before hand as it isn't pick 7 it is a particular player (in this case Curtin) but others throughout the night as well.
I don't see the logic of us trading down, we'll take the future first ourselves.

Quite a bit actually.
At this point in time, I'm told Curtin would go 1 in next year's draft.

Next year's top 7 isn't anywhere near this year's top 7.
Yeah. Na.

I've spoken to 4 separate people still in the system and directly affiliated with lists/drafts/recruitment/scouting at AFL level or very much connected to.

They've all pretty much told me the same thing. The first 4, at this early stage are at or above McKerchers level.

Curtin is a huge talent but a touch below that. Now in saying that, Curtin is huge but it's very dubious if he makes it as a mid. If he does, he'll be a steal.

Yeah. Na.

I've spoken to 4 separate people still in the system and directly affiliated with lists/drafts/recruitment/scouting at AFL level or very much connected to.

They've all pretty much told me the same thing. The first 4, at this early stage are at or above McKerchers level.

Curtin is a huge talent but a touch below that. Now in saying that, Curtin is huge but it's very dubious if he makes it as a mid. If he does, he'll be a steal.
I've spoken to 5.
Top 7 this year is miles better than next year's.
Next year has greater depth I'm told.

I've spoken to 5.
Top 7 this year is miles better than next year's.
Next year has greater depth I'm told.

Draper, O'Sullivan, Ashcroft, J.Smith look like classy accumulating mids but those types are available every year. They could end up better Reid but he is a less common type that you rarely get access too. Lombard looks to have a bit more X-Factor but is academy tied.

Quite a bit actually.
At this point in time, I'm told Curtin would go 1 in next year's draft.

Next year's top 7 isn't anywhere near this year's top 7.
Smillie and Jagga Smith would go ahead of him for a start. Perhaps Ashcroft mk 2 as well. That's before their final development year.

Smillie and Jagga Smith would go ahead of him for a start. Perhaps Ashcroft mk 2 as well. That's before their final development year.
So will this kid.

FB_IMG_1700421287389.jpg

Yeah. Na.

Complete opposite.

Clubs were clambering to trade out of next year for a reason.

Twomey has also mentioned it a number of times, recruiters he has spoken too want into 23 and out of 24.

2024 is viewed as a big step down from 22 and 23

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's ironic that Curtin sees himself as a Pavlich type swingman. SA clubs tried for years to lure him home and now the WA teams will no doubt do the same with Curtin.
Both WA teams are s**t at the moment and a single player wont help them, its going to be a long time before we can challenge again for a flag sadly but the truth is the truth.

Complete opposite.

Clubs were clambering to trade out of next year for a reason.

Twomey has also mentioned it a number of times, recruiters he has spoken too want into 23 and out of 24.

2024 is viewed as a big step down from 22 and 23
I'm referring to the top 4 in particular though mate. Not the depth as such.
Just Curtin vs top 4

Hamish has already stated Curtin would go 1 if available next year.
Also, we are desperate for that type of player.

Made sense to take him over WC F1
*Oh and you recruiting manager obviously agrees.
I think our club feels we will rise up the ladder as sad as that may sound. Alot of the blame for our poor form still falls on injuries and fitness as opposed to playing talent

For Eagles its a concept or decision that wont be judgable for some time

In regards to teams wanting in 2023 and not 2024, fair bit of that is to do with changing CBA as well as clubs desire to chase AFL ready players now. Adelaide needed Curtin for Rd 1 2024, For Eagles picking up Curtin wasnt for RD1 2024 and was us looking further down the line so Adelaide just had the bigger need then us

Hamish has already stated Curtin would go 1 if available next year.
Also, we are desperate for that type of player.

Made sense to take him over WC F1
*Oh and you recruiting manager obviously agrees.
He looked over the moon when you picked him up too 😆

Seriously though. GL to the kid. We'll see re the kids next year. I'll happily pick up Draper instead.

He looked over the moon when you picked him up too 😆

Seriously though. GL to the kid. We'll see re the kids next year. I'll happily pick up Draper instead.
Yep - If Curtin does end up the Jordan Dawson Mk 2 but taller player - we won't need to worry too much about getting that top rated mid next year so getting Curtin now was the right call for where we are. But as for the top end next year, Draper looks a star but he might not even be in the top 5 kids as there are some super rated mids - but its still a year away and like last year, we thought Moir might be pick 1 this year and were scheming on how we could get up the order to try and get him etc..So the very high projecting bird in the hand might be more valuable than the very high one in the bush from our end.

Yep - If Curtin does end up the Jordan Dawson Mk 2

Wish Monkey Paw GIF by Leroy Patterson

From what I'm told, that's his normal resting face.

Here he is playing for WA. Nice shiny medal around his neck

1700542598119.png

Here he is in futures with another shiny medal.

1700542661787.png

Here he is - Just made his lifelong dream of being drafted to play AFL
Pick 8 - Dan Curtin (Adelaide Crows) :p:p
1700540942446-png.1857784
1700542510263.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back