Prediction The Ruck Merry Go Round - 2023 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you think we're still on the merry go round after picking up smoking Joe Furphy?

I think they might rather use the list spot on mids or defenders and use Jack Henry/sdk/Hawkins to pinch hit. Not that I think Furphy will earn games, but it's just a lot of rucks in the at once.

Yes..we always needed a readymade ruck backup for 2024 to replace ceglar..that will be lycett or flynn etc.

We also then needed a development ruck for 3 years from now when blitz and the other old talls are gone. They have essentially chose furphy over a late draft pick/cat a rookie ruck for that. Hes too raw to ruck next year. Remember that in 2025 stanley wont be on the list.

Yes..we always needed a readymade ruck backup for 2024 to replace ceglar..that will be lycett or flynn etc.

We also then needed a development ruck for 3 years from now when blitz and the other old talls are gone. They have essentially chose furphy over a late draft pick/cat a rookie ruck for that. Hes too raw to ruck next year. Remember that in 2025 stanley wont be on the list.
Yeah you're probably right, it's just on history of the coaching group thinks they can get away with think ruck depth they roll the dice. I think they'd be happy to ruck Neale if it meant recruiting an extra mid based on their history

Soldo to Adelaide
Goldstein to Essendon
Lycett to Geelong
Sweet to Port
Grundy to Sydney
Flynn to West Coast
Strachan to Western Bulldogs
Doubt we would trade in Soldo unless O'Brien left for Melbourne (city) to further his studies.

Rumors suggest he want to further his education in Melbourne.

I dont see an obvious club for him in melb he is better off staying at adelaide where he has the no1 ruck spot.

Medicine I thought.
Can study Medicine in Adelaide, so gather something else if needing to go to Melbourne.

Matthew Liptak is now a medical doctor after studying during his Crows years.

Can study Medicine in Adelaide, so gather something else if needing to go to Melbourne.

Matthew Liptak is now a medical doctor after studying during his Crows years.
Has a Bachelor of Medical Science, a masters in Neuroscience and is doing an MBA apparently. Can do an MBA at basically any UNI. Maybe he's eyeing off a PhD with a particular supervisor somewhere other than Adelaide?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North Melbourne if Goldstein goes, maybe?

I dont see it he will be in his 30s by the time they contend again.

Honestly if he wants to move to melb for his post footy career thats fine but i dont see a lot of takers unless he takes a fairly large pay cut..his best career move is to stay in adel.

Wasn’t Finlayson playing Ruck in front of Hayes most of the time when Lycett was missing? Surely Hayes looks to go back to Melbourne

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hinkleys comments in the post match presser mean hayes is gone.

Wasn’t Finlayson playing Ruck in front of Hayes most of the time when Lycett was missing? Surely Hayes looks to go back to Melbourne

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
No, to sum it up
Lycett plays r1-5, r6-9 Teakle, r10-14 Lycett, r16 Visntini late in for Lycett, r17 Hayes, r18-19 Lycett, r20-21 Visintini, r22-24 Hayes and Lycett finals.

Won’t be shocked if all 3 leave. Apparently Lycetts offer is insultingly low, Hayes would be dumb to play under Hinkley and Teakle is a scrub.

No, to sum it up
Lycett plays r1-5, r6-9 Teakle, r10-14 Lycett, r16 Visntini late in for Lycett, r17 Hayes, r18-19 Lycett, r20-21 Visintini, r22-24 Hayes and Lycett finals.

Won’t be shocked if all 3 leave. Apparently Lycetts offer is insultingly low, Hayes would be dumb to play under Hinkley and Teakle is a scrub.
Think you may be on the money.

Sweet & Visentini for next season... which imo is an upgrade given Lycett is cooked.

There was mention on our board of clubs enquiring for our 2nd ruck Lloyd Meek's services.

We have been playing 2 rucks for most of the yr and think for last 5-6 games decided that won't work. Meek should know he is behind Reeves for main ruck role.

he is contracted for next yr. Not sure which club is keen.

There was mention on our board of clubs enquiring for our 2nd ruck Lloyd Meek's services.

We have been playing 2 rucks for most of the yr and think for last 5-6 games decided that won't work. Meek should know he is behind Reeves for main ruck role.

Meek is too good to be a backup any club looking for a no.1 should ask the question. Didn’t you guys draft a developing ruck mid season too?

You might not want to rely on Ramsden as your first option reserve just yet though

Geelong maybe or north?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back