Autopsy The Ruck

Remove this Banner Ad

Chill on the ruck issue…

Roosy always manages to find some bargain/2nd ruck choice from somewhere and turns him into a superstar. See: Mumford, Pyke, Jolly, Jason Ball

I really have no idea as to whether Gawn will make it or not as a reliable first ruck but I agree with others in that the sub rule has not helped his cause.

We'll definitely have to look at our options this off season though because depth is looking ordinary after Jamar moves on.

Zac Smith omitted.

Super excited about that for my UF team. Thanks Rodney.

He played perfectly fine two weeks ago. Then Eade shunts him to the forward line where he struggles, just like every other Suns player has this year. Dropped.

Zac Smith omitted.

Please Roosy.

I share names with him...own a Suns jumper with #2 on the back. If he came to the Dees I would be set for life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ironic because Gawn is exactly the kind of player Roos would take on the cheap if he was elsewhere.

I wanted Giles, but he's gone. Griffin and Clarke will have roles to play when 211 retires.

Dawson Simpson? Hamish McIntosh? Sam Grimley? Andrew Phillips? Tom Nicholls? Jarrad Redden? Callum Sinclair?

Ironic because Gawn is exactly the kind of player Roos would take on the cheap if he was elsewhere.

I wanted Giles, but he's gone. Griffin and Clarke will have roles to play when 211 retires.

Dawson Simpson? Hamish McIntosh? Sam Grimley? Andrew Phillips? Tom Nicholls? Jarrad Redden? Callum Sinclair?

Giles was the big one, He kicked 5 against StKilda as the resting forward last year, can seriously play
Callum Sinclair is the standout, but are any of the others really that far infront of Gawn+Spencer

One of Hickey or Longer.

Pencil is the man. We have two good young apprentice rucks, we are sorted.

I love the guy, but he simply cannot play the game. He is up there with the worst I have seen at this club. He has size. That is it.

We need to chase a ruckman at season's end. Leuenberger and Zac Smith has to be targeted. Both are currently omitted and both have talent to burn. Both have had injury concerns, but I'd rather take that risk than play Spencer as our #1 ruck.

I just want to remind everyone of my eagerness to sign Goldstein as a free agent, the year before last.

I was shut down (in general) at the time.

I don't think anyone would have shut you down based on not wanting him. It would have more to do with him clearly not going to leave the Kangaroos. Definitely in the top handful of ruckman in the comp along with Sandi, Mumford and Jacobs. Jacobs was a steal for Adelaide!! Was always going to be a very good player. Gee Carlton have let go or lost some talent over the years.

I had huge hopes for Gawn this year.

It wouldn't surprise me if Spencer is currently ahead of him.

Same. The raw talent is there.

We all thought his knee might be the issue but I'm wondering if that knee has covered up his biggest glaring weakness.

His commitment to the game.

Good hands but can drop the easy ones. doesn't use his 208cm. does get pushed around a bit.

I would love to see a Gawn with a big motor and strong cause his skills will make him a difficult matchup.

Might just not have the drive in him.

Same. The raw talent is there.

We all thought his knee might be the issue but I'm wondering if that knee has covered up his biggest glaring weakness.

His commitment to the game.

Good hands but can drop the easy ones. doesn't use his 208cm. does get pushed around a bit.

I would love to see a Gawn with a big motor and strong cause his skills will make him a difficult matchup.

Might just not have the drive in him.
Where are people coming up with this s**t? Because the guy has a sense of humour?

Where are people coming up with this s**t? Because the guy has a sense of humour?
What s**t is that?

I think Gawn has talent. His career is drifting.

When you are talented and drifting, you have to question his commitment to game?

He should be challenging Jamar for first ruck yet is clearly third banana.

It's not a slur to question someones commitment to the game. Gary Ablett was questioned at Geelong. He thought he was committed but he was shown not to be.

Gawn is not living up to his talent. Commitment to the game questioned.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back