The "Saturday Arvo" team ... a recap

Remove this Banner Ad

I've lost count how many times they've mentioned Tom Couch's debut. Tom Couch. Who's the son of Paul Couch, who was a Brownlow medallist. It's a great story. Tom Couch debuted today, in one of footy's great stories. Tom Couch the son of Paul Couch is only the sixth son of a Brownlow medallist to debut. Isn't it a great story? Thanks, Kirky.

Yes. WE GET IT.
Oh God, that was horrible. Also I had 'just tuned in' when I heard the 'Yes Blease!' comment. That's over cringeworthy, it seriously wanted me to bang my head against a wall.

Surely they wouldn't allow the "arvo" team anywhere near the game this Saturday

uh oh, sorry to inform you. I wonder if their genuine excitement will sound much different from the usual fake stuff.

Predictions: Hame will be "really, really, REEEEALLLLY looking forward to this one, Kirky".

Basil: The last time these 2 teams met on a saddaday arvo, whilst both in the top 4, on a day in mid July <completely irrelevant event> occured. *Smug twerpy grin*

Cut down to Kirky on the field, clenching his fists, creeper staring down the camera and nervously shifting from side to side looking like he's intensely concentrating on not stuffing up. Stumbles awkwardly through his very first sentence.

All in the first 5 mins I reckon.

Basil: Breust with his 4th. They call him Breust, and he's got another one.

What the hell else would they call him? Has to be the worst broadcast team of all time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've only seen the last 10 minutes... but did it annoy anyone else how they were raving about the performances of Beams and Swan? I know their stats were impressive, but Collingwood had been flogged and they're constantly talking about how good these two are.

Also, this gem from Basil
"Beams kicks his fourth, which equals his career best... of four goals" O rly?

Caro reckons one of Basil of Hamish is going to be promoted to work with Dennis whilst Bruce is in London calling the swimming for the Olympic Broadcasting Service ( ie countries who don't send TV broadcasters or swimming commentators take this feed). That should be a revelation to those who have missed these drongos.

Caro reckons one of Basil of Hamish is going to be promoted to work with Dennis whilst Bruce is in London calling the swimming for the Olympic Broadcasting Service ( ie countries who don't send TV broadcasters or swimming commentators take this feed). That should be a revelation to those who have missed these drongos.

Really need a dislike button. If BT can do it by himself so can Dennis

Dennis has done it on his own before.

It would need someone who has Basil's awkwardness and a touch of Hamish's lisp.

I'm tipping Elliot Goblett with a pair of socks in his mouth.

Who else would go on Saturday Arvo then?

I'd be happy with the footy and silence. **** I'll even commentate to myself all game if it means not having these campaigners ruin my footy watching time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back