Roast The Unofficial Marijuana Discussion (...Depression Thread? What?)

Remove this Banner Ad

And frighteningly I lost my ability to dream in sleep for about 3 months after taking 1 Valium... it was just blank passing out. You miss dreaming when you can't do it.

I don't take Vallum but I don't have many Dreams at all. Just Blank Out and Wake Up and Feels like a Few Minutes have passed

You don't want Valium mate, I had it once it hospital and sure I fell into a deep 'sleep', but really you pass out for 8 hours until your alarm goes off or someone wakes you. It's not proper sleep.

And frighteningly I lost my ability to dream in sleep for about 3 months after taking 1 Valium... it was just blank passing out. You miss dreaming when you can't do it.

Dr gave me Temazepam which is similar to valium. I like it because I don't get to 'think' before I go to sleep, and it saves me the pain of staying up for hours just to fall asleep. I've been able to dream while on it, the only problem is it only stays in your body about 6 hours so I've had a couple nights where I have woken up straight when it wears off and not been able to go back to sleep.

I'll keep you all updated with it. I know I can't take it too much cuz i'll get addicted apparently.

Dr gave me Temazepam which is similar to valium. I like it because I don't get to 'think' before I go to sleep, and it saves me the pain of staying up for hours just to fall asleep. I've been able to dream while on it, the only problem is it only stays in your body about 6 hours so I've had a couple nights where I have woken up straight when it wears off and not been able to go back to sleep.

I'll keep you all updated with it. I know I can't take it too much cuz i'll get addicted apparently.

Glad to hear you got something that works but Sucks they say its Addictive.

God there must of be plenty of Legal Drugs that is Addictive :(

I've had temazepam before... it's not really like valium. It's a fair bit weaker, it relaxes you more than anything. It's not hard to get off if you stick to the 1-2 per day limit but you start to get immune to it, the worst side effect of withdrawal I found was a bit of grumpiness, I don't know, it affects everyone differently, hope it works for you.

I have had a sleeping problem now for several years. I have little problem getting to sleep, but wake up within 3-5 hours and NEVER get back to sleep. Neither Valium or Temazepam have any effect. Unfortunately my doctor is loathe to give me anything stronger so am stuck with living each day on very little sleep. There is nothing more frustrating than lying hours in bed shifting position in a vain attempt to drift back to sleep. The problem with any of these pills is the immunity factor - you get used to them and the effects diminish. I would like something strong that would give me a full sleep a couple of nights a week, but can't imagine taking something on a daily basis.

I agree with 76's views on the value of education. It's not just about a certificate or piece of paper. Education can be challenging and fun if you study something that genuinely interests you, and meeting people with similar interests and ambitions can help create a satisfying lifestyle. Anything that stimulates your interest is going to enrich your life. Doing coursework out of hours can also give structure to your leisure hours, leaving you less time to dwell on negative elements in your life. I have a lot of time for 76. His advice above is worth absorbing and following. For something like journalism there is no way around needing a qualification to get a job.

I have had a sleeping problem now for several years. I have little problem getting to sleep, but wake up within 3-5 hours and NEVER get back to sleep. Neither Valium or Temazepam have any effect. Unfortunately my doctor is loathe to give me anything stronger so am stuck with living each day on very little sleep. There is nothing more frustrating than lying hours in bed shifting position in a vain attempt to drift back to sleep. The problem with any of these pills is the immunity factor - you get used to them and the effects diminish. I would like something strong that would give me a full sleep a couple of nights a week, but can't imagine taking something on a daily basis.

I agree with 76's views on the value of education. It's not just about a certificate or piece of paper. Education can be challenging and fun if you study something that genuinely interests you, and meeting people with similar interests and ambitions can help create a satisfying lifestyle. Anything that stimulates your interest is going to enrich your life. Doing coursework out of hours can also give structure to your leisure hours, leaving you less time to dwell on negative elements in your life. I have a lot of time for 76. His advice above is worth absorbing and following. For something like journalism there is no way around needing a qualification to get a job.

Have you Tried ASMR? TheGreatGrundy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back