Roast The Unofficial Marijuana Discussion (...Depression Thread? What?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey Tempest

Not sure what you have planned for Xmas, but take it easy and enjoy yourself. New Year coming up and it is just that so stay strong and look forward to chatting with you next season.

Have a good break mate and hope you have some time off.

Not going well mate.

EqxNqfg.jpg

Merry christmas for my wallet.

My day couldn't have been any worse.

When it rains it pours.

Screw my life.

Don’t think negative thoughts mate. Does no one any good.

Stuff like that happens very Regularly. Though been nice for them to leave there Insurace Info so they could fix it

It was my fault. Stupid lady distracted me and I went straight into a pole.
Glad i'm not hurt though.

Agree - No One is hurt as it could be worse.

Just hope the Repair Bill is Low or don’t you need one?

Could be up to a grand just to fix that.
A pole jumped out in front of you and smashed your Mitsubishi, make the pole pay for it :)

It looks likely to be more than a grand, but you can search car wreckers for a used front spoiler and that colour is very popular for that model. Otherwise it's a patch up job.

What's with the gap between bonnet and top left panel?

That big arse yellow pole has a few scratch marks on it.

The sad news is your car is not a classic. The good news is in a few years you'll probably trade it in for a newer model or something different.

Here is some excellent advice.
- When in a carpark and it looks like a collision might happen, then STOP immediately. A carpark has a speed limit of 10kph. If someone hits an idle vehicle - then let them explain hitting an idle vehicle to their insurance company. Be sure to take lots of photos.

- If you need to squeeze through a tight area and you hesitate and think hmmm, then STOP and wait for the area to clear. And if you are ever under pressure to move forward or sideways (because motorists behind you are beeping their horn), then STOP! People behind you will not give a rats arse if you proceed forward and have an "accident" only because you gave them room to move. (make them wait)

- Scam? It's possible some Asians are scammer's. Back in my day it was folk from the Mediterranean Island's. But Aussies are also scammers.

- Look at the older wiser folk, they do most of their Christmas shopping months before - cause they learnt from the past of what "last minute shopping grief is bestowed"

The past few years of me living interstate meant I did not have to xmas shop, woohoo.

Now I'm back in Melb meant this years xmas shopping was a must do. I got it all done a week before xmas and arrived at the shopping centre early in the morning but I'm unemployed at the moment so that was an advantage.

I don't know how I'm going to pay for it to get fixed!! I have just spent $300 on my family for Christmas, Have rego to pay in January, and insurance to pay in January as well.

IF it is road worthy. Then Drive when you have the Money to fix it

Tempest

Hey mate - just checking in to see how things are going. New Year so things can only be on the way up as I see it.

Here's hoping to a year of new and good things to you.

Hi guys.

I really don't feel like I have much time left.

Every day it is getting harder to wake up and it just feels I have nothing to look forward to. I try focusing my thoughts on watching the Pies this year, Seeing AUS win the world cup, etc etc. But it doesn't work for me at the moment. My will to die is slowly outweighing my will to live.

All these 'services' are assholes and aren't helping me at all. If anyone wants to hit me up with a PM feel free, it might be good to have someone to explain the last 3 months of my life with.

Go and see a Doctor or a Counsler because What you are doing is not working.

Get Medication that would help the bad mood swings..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi Dave, seen 2 drs and 3 counsellors so far.

They are all useless.

There are more the 2 DRS and 3 counsellors.

Have you Tried going to Further Away then your Local Area?

Your Problem seems to be when you go there you already think there Useless and that I think would make it hard for it to work for you

Hi Tempest
I am not a doctor nor do I have any experience with this issue but I do have a few words of advice for you.

About 20 years ago one of my closest friends, a guy I shared a house with during our University years and smoked a lot of pot with and basically had great times with committed suicide. He too was suffering from depression. From time to time I still think about him and my thoughts always end up being "what if"
What if he hadn't. Would he still be depressed today. 20 years later. No, I don't think he would have. Even 5 years later or 2 years later the issues which were causing him depression would have been forgotten or at least emotional dealt with.

My point is that even though at the moment you may feel life is pointless that feeling is not going to last forever. I understand that at the moment it may seem all consuming but give it time, it will pass. Be open with your friends, family and support network. The following months may be very difficult for you but the day will come when you look back at these times and think "I am glad I didn't"

Hang in there mate and use all the advice and support networks out there to help you get through this period.

Hi Again Tempest - ottoman is right mate. Good things will come mate you just have to hold on. Continue on with the things that bring you joy whether they be little thing like just talking to us meat heads or being around supportive family, friends or professionals. I know you're a good bloke which is sad to hear that you are hurting because no one, especially you deserves this.

Not long until the season starts. Keep upbeat, follow the development of our young guys because they will make us feel young again watching them play good football bringing in the youth we need.

Just stand strong and by all means flick us a PM or post whenever you need to mate.

There are some support services that a couple of us have looked into that are supported by the club if you would like to look down that avenue.

Hi Tempest, mate some people only have footy in their lives and struggle during the off season, (which is fine by the way).
Grab on to the smallest thing that will keep you going.
Thursday we play our first NAB game - aim for that.
You mentioned the World Cup - Saturday we play NZ which should be a cracker, aim for that too.
Jump on line and post comments after the games, there's always somebody to talk to.
Not sure how you found your doctors/counsellors, maybe try a hospital, (sorry I really have no idea what else to suggest).
Bottom line, don't give up mate.

I can't do it man. I'll never be truly happy. :cry:

Don’t listen to that Voice in your head telling you that.

IF you are thinking of actually going thru with it - Don’t just remember there are ton of People on this Board that Worry for you and are willing to help you with your Problem. NT Thunder has offered you quite a bit of help and Just don’t take the Cheap way out. Fight For it

Tempest I spoke to the Collingwood FC who have an affiliation with a program that I hope can help. I've posted the details below and I'm not sure what professional advice or programs you have sought but it really can't hurt to give this a go. I know you may have already been to see them and things are tough, but stick it out mate. You've got many ANZAC Days ahead of you to sit down and watch the greatest club in the AFL thump the drug taking cheaters - little harsh maybe there.

I know you're doing it tough. Try and take it easy. Put yourself in positive situations and don't dwell on the negatives no matter how many you think there may be.

Life is tough - we all go through periods where we just think this is too hard, but we all just need to remain positive and push through it to support those that care. There are people that care about you on this board and in your life.

Let me know if there is anything specific we can help you with.

Safe travels.

The Collingwood Football Club Foundation is set up at Victoria Park (Collingwood’s original home ground), we have many different programs that are based at our Community Centre there, mostly youth programs.

In particular Headspace is one program that I suggest he pay a visit. I am not trained in this field, and therefore am unable to assist. This link is a direct link to the contact details of Headspace in Collingwood, they are also located all over Melbourne http://www.headspace.org.au/headspace-centres/headspace-collingwood .

Let me know if you need any further information on the program, hopefully the relation between the club and the program makes it better.

I know you're doing it tough. Try and take it easy. Put yourself in positive situations and don't dwell on the negatives no matter how many you think there may be.

Agree - Don’t put yourself in where you Feel the Most Negative. Try and find something that makes you feel Happier and stick with that

I feel like you're unwilling to understand my side of the story.

Why did you bother posting in this thread?

When I was your age I felt the same way about my life.

As I grew up I learnt to lose my negative attitude towards everything and try new things even things I knew I didn't like. I found myself enjoying life.

A few years ago I lost a friend who took his own life I was quite distraught because he and I where similar in many ways. He was so young I just wish I could have said something to him. If only he knew the highs that life has to offer that you just can't understand as a young adult, everything seems so final as a young adult. I can remember when I wanted to take my own life over something that wouldn't even affect me now days.

Having said all that I doubt this will change your attitude. I've noticed in my some people don't want to improve their lives for some reason.

I'm sorry about your friend, I have nothing more to say to you though. Weather I end up dead or not doesn't seem to be any of your concern.

I apologize for being harsh. But it will disappoint me to lose you because I don't want anyone to feel how I felt when I lost my friend.

I was always suicidal until that day I didn't realise how many people he knew (I don't think he knew either) and that's when I realised that when you have depression your don't realise how many people actually care about you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back