The value of Robbie Gray

Remove this Banner Ad

Some interesting stats on Robbie's season in today's tiser underline his value and promise.

Goal assists - 4th (AFL), 1st (PA)
Scoring assists - 7th (AFL), 1st (PA)
Goals - 2nd (PA)
Tackles - 4th (PA)
Clearances - 5th (PA)
Contested possessions - 2nd (PA)
Hardball gets - 2nd (PA)

Imagine when he gets his body right. Pick 55, ok. :thumbsu:

I think gray was still considered a risk, even at pick 55

Absolute gun player. Can't wait to see him in the middle full time and resting in the forward line.

Reminds me of a young Garry Ablett Jr in the way he moves through traffic. Will be an absolute machine if he can increase his fitness/work ethic.

His ability to keep his arms clear and stand up in a tackle is exceptional....probably the best in the team. Add to that his ability around goals and hes a super young player. Given the amount of plaudits that Porplyzia gets....I reckon Robbie is just as good, if not better at the same age as what Porps was.

He wont ever be the line breaking midfielder that GAJ is as he doesnt have his pace, but he has all the promise to become a very good midfielder.

He didn't make Chad's list of three players who could walk away from this season with their reputations intact. :rolleyes:

The kid is a gun and will be an even bigger gun in a few years. IMO the closest comparison is Shaun Higgins. Shaun has been talked up as an A-A smokey this year and deservedly so, and IMO barring injury Gray will reach that level or possibly even higher by next year. Along with Rodan he's our most creative player by a long way.

^ what.

best player ever

I SAW HIS FIRST GAME :D
it was westhoff's aswell, they both kicked 4 goals and looked awesome :D
we still lost though haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His ability to keep his arms clear and stand up in a tackle is exceptional....probably the best in the team. Add to that his ability around goals and hes a super young player. Given the amount of plaudits that Porplyzia gets....I reckon Robbie is just as good, if not better at the same age as what Porps was.

He wont ever be the line breaking midfielder that GAJ is as he doesnt have his pace, but he has all the promise to become a very good midfielder.

Makar plzzzz

His ability to keep his arms clear and stand up in a tackle is exceptional....probably the best in the team

Tick

Add to that his ability around goals and hes a super young player.

Tick

Given the amount of plaudits that Porplyzia gets....I reckon Robbie is just as good, if not better at the same age as what Porps was.

Chortle

He wont ever be the line breaking midfielder that GAJ

Cross

is as he doesnt have his pace, but he has all the promise to become a very good midfielder.

Big Tick

Not much wrong with that.

Robbie should really stick to playing for the real Portz though, the Magpiez

who ever was recruiting manager back in 2006 is a freak.

R Gray at 55, J Westhoff at 71, T Boak at 5

Blair Hartley, now at Richmond.

who ever was recruiting manager back in 2006 is a freak.

R Gray at 55, J Westhoff at 71, T Boak at 5
Plus Paul Stewart and Krakouer.

Tick all round as Stewart is still a valuable player and Krakouer is certainly skilled. Who knows what Krakouer's career could have been like if things had gone right for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back