The value of Robbie Gray

Remove this Banner Ad

his only weakness was set shot kicking and he well and truly nullified that last night with 4.0 in the 3rd all tough kicks.

At the PAFC function held at Sferas just after Kenny was appointed, I asked the question on the progression of Robbie's knee and said that if he get's fit and healthy that he could be a superstar of the competition.

Kenny's first words were that he absolutely agreed with him being a potential superstar but that he had a fair bit of work to do in his rehab. Burgo then went on to outline a bit of the work they were doing with Robbie and set an expectation of his return.

From memory he was pretty damn close to the return timeframe.

who ever was recruiting manager back in 2006 is a freak.

R Gray at 55, J Westhoff at 71, T Boak at 5
Did a little big more and you will find Mick Moylan and Peter Rohde in on this draft.
I remember a club update and there was some transitioning with Hartley coming in and Moylan going out for family reasons but this was Moylans draft with Hartley supporting.
What I also heard was that Alan Stewart left club in the lurch in 2004 and club went hard with people in this area with Moylan doing more recruiting and his successor Hartley getting Parker coming in to support Hartley.
Andy D quoted the clubs recruiting was a mess in approx 2010/11 from memory.............amazing that people are quick to label things a mess. I am think 05/06/07//08 may have been a reasonable period of management with the 3 you mentioned plus Bobby, Lobbe, Jacko- not bad hey!

Take a bow PAFC, and make the critics pay now with a premiership

who ever was recruiting manager back in 2006 is a freak.

R Gray at 55, J Westhoff at 71, T Boak at 5

2006 was considered the 2nd super draft after 2001. Westhoff was 20. If we got him 2004 I reckon he might not have survived and been another victim of that dud draft.

We did well, because we needed to after getting nothing much out of 2001 and Geelong built a fair chunk of their dynasty out of that draft. 2008 was the 3rd super draft and we did well out of that Hartlett, Trengove, Broadie and Redden. Those 2 drafts will be provide a fair chunk of any dynasty we build.

His injury against collingwood back in 2012 made me wonder if he'd ever be the same player again, or if he'd go Nathan brown and fail to recapture his form. The fact the club resigned him a week or so after that must go down as one of the best moves we made, it bought his long term loyalty, and has given a star player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back