The Worth of Priddis

Remove this Banner Ad

Well heres the 3rd quarter - he gets three decent possessions by my reckoning - also does a horrible shank where you will notice the two port guys chasing him overtake him and get to his shanked kick whilst he trudges further and further behind - no second effort as he is just too slow.

He is also responsible for an excellent clearance that results in a goal - but 3 decent possys for a quarter of footy

Ive tried to make the clips a little longer so you can see the context of something good - or bad.

You will also catch one of the tackles i have talked about - the one where a player is boxed in by another eagle so cant use priddis as a witches hat - the port player still gets a handpass out though.

With all due respect his disposal efficient stat is probably around 60% so that means he's ok ......that means sixty percent of the time he uses it ok....that's around twenty possession for him that are effective ..THATS TWENTY THE OTHER TEAM DOESNT GET

The de stat is deeply flawed.

Have a look at the vids - the quarter i just posted he had 3 decent disposals - he had more s**t disposals than good ones

That video shows Priddis:

getting 2-3 handball clearances to people out in space, most of which was in the backline.
Showed one bad bounce (unsure why you included that)

1 kick down the line that should of been taken by Kennedy I think?

1 turnover kick out of the back line that he should of given more air.

So from my P.O.V he was doing what he was supposed to. Not his fault that his team mates couldn't score from his possies apart from the one turnover.

I haven't watched the other videos and probably won't after this one.

Put your fingers in your ears and yell lalalalala im not listening - i used to do that when i was a kid too

With all due respect his disposal efficient stat is probably around 60% so that means he's ok ......that means sixty percent of the time he uses it ok....that's around twenty possession for him that are effective ..THATS TWENTY THE OTHER TEAM DOESNT GET

I dont think you understand how DE is calculated. Those high up and under kicks that give a defender a lifetime to spoil are graded the same as a lace out spear that lands perfectly on your forwards chest.

In the above scenario your forward doesnt even have to mark it for it to be deemed "effective", which is why Priddis' DE% is grossly misleading.

Having just gone through 11 pages of West Coast supporters bitching to one another, a mod should probably move this to our team board and have it absorbed into our Priddis thread. For all you main board peeps, we try to keep the crazies contained there, so sorry that they got out.

Having just gone through 11 pages of West Coast supporters bitching to one another, a mod should probably move this to our team board and have it absorbed into our Priddis thread. For all you main board peeps, we try to keep the crazies contained there, so sorry that they got out.

Actually there are plenty of neutrals in here posting. And the thread as started by a neutral.

Typical pro priddis though - they are trying to get the priddis thread closed on our board too.

They spend a lot of time playing the man rather than the ball too. Apparently anyone who disagrees is crazy.

Actually there are plenty of neutrals in here posting. And the thread as started by a neutral.

Typical pro priddis though - they are trying to get the priddis thread closed on our board too.

They spend a lot of time playing the man rather than the ball too. Apparently anyone who disagrees is crazy.

The de stat is deeply flawed.

Have a look at the vids - the quarter i just posted he had 3 decent disposals - he had more s**t disposals than good ones
Oh Lordy

You telling me to look at some vids that are going to show he made mistakes .......did you put any vids of him doing things well ?

Why would I do that? Why would I look at them ....I prefer to look at what he's done over a whole season as opposed to a few selected vids ....omg I can't believe you base your judgement on few vids .....that's hilarious

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont think you understand how DE is calculated. Those high up and under kicks that give a defender a lifetime to spoil are graded the same as a lace out spear that lands perfectly on your forwards chest.

In the above scenario your forward doesnt even have to mark it for it to be deemed "effective", which is why Priddis' DE% is grossly misleading.

It might well be

But one fact I do know ...when he has the ball the opposition doesn't have it .....

And this crap argument he's likely to give it away is rubbish ....yeah sure because he's an inside mid he's under heat a lot he's going to turn it over a few times .....but have a look at what he does do

Oh Lordy

You telling me to look at some vids that are going to show he made mistakes .......did you put any vids of him doing things well ?

Why would I do that? Why would I look at them ....I prefer to look at what he's done over a whole season as opposed to a few selected vids ....omg I can't believe you base your judgement on few vids .....that's hilarious

Mate im putting up every vid that he has played agaisnt the top teams - not just cherry picking vids to make him look bad - he does that himself.

The hilarious thing is bar the essendon game these are all games where he topped the eagles in the aflca votes and got rated as our best in the media and the afl's web site.

Hysterical that you think im picking on him - when im doing games where he was rated as our bog

Dont worry we will get to the whole season - with the exception of the bottom four teams - you dont play them in grannies after all

another way of looking at is whether Priddis would get starting 4 spot Hawks and Swans

Reckon would

Check clarksons views on players who cant kick

As for the swans they are pushing a ball butcher out.

Priddis had his place in our team - if we had have been smarter we would have traded him to the gc or gws when he had some currency

He needs to be dropped next year for scooter and yeo

Open your other eye.

Mate im putting up every vid that he has played agaisnt the top teams - not just cherry picking vids to make him look bad - he does that himself.

The hilarious thing is bar the essendon game these are all games where he topped the eagles in the aflca votes and got rated as our best in the media and the afl's web site.

Hysterical that you think im picking on him - when im doing games where he was rated as our bog

Dont worry we will get to the whole season - with the exception of the bottom four teams - you dont play them in grannies after all

And it's funny that many footy experts are tipping an all Australian spot for him or close

But hey some of those guys have played 300 games who pick that side ..I mean what would they know ?

But of course some guy posting vids on an Internet forum is clearly a better judge than them ....

Maybe that's what I find so darn funny ....that footy experts rate him, opposition coaches rate him, other players rate him , bit no....I have to believe some random poster on the Internet forum big footy because he can post vids ......now that's funny really funny

Think about that ...ask any footy expert in the media or other players or coaches what they think ....with all due respect those guys have played the game at elite level

I'm happy to trust their judgement over some random on the net .......and please don't take that personally

It is what it is ....

And your opinion?

Would you like to go through them one by one and rate each disposal out of ten?
No because I judge someone on a whole performance over a Season or two ...or career

Again read my other post

With due respect I trust experts in the media, other players and coaches over your dribble on some Internet forum ......and please take that the right way

If your so good at judging someone why are you working for fox footy or 7 or calling footy, better still coaching

Have u ever played ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back