Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Today I was working from innocently typing away in the spare room, watching some high brow s**t on Youtube as well probably. I had the door to the room open and the sliding door to outside open too, as the cat comes in and out.

Anyway out of nowhere a ******* magpie comes flying into the back room! It scared the absolute s**t out of me of course, once I got my bearings I'm trying to think what to do. It was quite distressed and I didn't want to go close to it. It started shitting on the bedspread which I could get over, I had to shoo it from sitting on the guitar amp though, you can't s**t on that!

Anyway it walked out to the family room (my trail of bread sort of worked but then couldn't find the sliding door. I opened up all of the windows and it kept going to the solid windows to try and get out!

Anyway after shitting on my wife's desk (lol) it eventually went out one of the windows. s**t got intense for a WFH day!

Anyway after shitting on my wife's desk (lol) it eventually went out one of the windows. s**t got intense for a WFH day!
You didn't get it to make friends with a family pet and then make TikToks of it???

I deliberately kept my cat out of the area, didn't need it tearing the bird to pieces in the back room, there's carpet there!
Was your wife home, if not, leave the s**t on the desk and don’t mention the incident.

Today I was working from innocently typing away in the spare room, watching some high brow s**t on Youtube as well probably. I had the door to the room open and the sliding door to outside open too, as the cat comes in and out.

Anyway out of nowhere a ******* magpie comes flying into the back room! It scared the absolute s**t out of me of course, once I got my bearings I'm trying to think what to do. It was quite distressed and I didn't want to go close to it. It started shitting on the bedspread which I could get over, I had to shoo it from sitting on the guitar amp though, you can't s**t on that!

Anyway it walked out to the family room (my trail of bread sort of worked but then couldn't find the sliding door. I opened up all of the windows and it kept going to the solid windows to try and get out!

Windows without flyscreens? Do you live in a school portable?

Yessssss!

When did they become a thing again, swear I hadn’t seen one for years then all of a sudden we’ve had 3 this year
Haven’t had one in ages but I live in a small town and away from the main drag. Did have Jehovah’s knock one day and they pretty much saved my life.

This more so shits me because of ridiculous it is.

My colleague's husband called the office phone yesterday.

His name is Cameron. He said it was him, can he speak to my colleague. I either said, no worries Cam, or when I called my colleauge I said Cam is on the phone.

Anyway, she messaged me this morning saying this;

"FYI for the future if Cameron rings not to shorten his name, I’ve seen him go crook at people on the phone or in person for doing it without asking first"

What an absolute bloody joke. If you're going spare at a stranger for shortening your name you have problems. And if you're worried about your wife's colleague shortening your name call her mobile then you twat.

Absolutely ridiculous.
Bloke is a flamin galah

Sorry, I agree with Cameron. You don’t get to shorten a person’s name if you don’t know them. It’s disrespectful. You’re not a friend of his.

The only people who get to shorten my name are relatives and close friends. A few months ago I had someone I’d just met ask if they could shorten my name, I said no, nicely.
Go to the Collingwood board and check out how many of them call Brayden Maynard ‘Bruz’. Or when Damian Barrett does it with his little article weekly.

Yessssss!

When did they become a thing again, swear I hadn’t seen one for years then all of a sudden we’ve had 3 this year
Yeah, had two chirpy young women the other day, screaming out “Anybody home? It’s a beautiful day!” When I got to the door I said “No thanks” with a smile, which deflated them. The Something Foundation.

One that’s shitting me atm is they’ve set up at all the local supermarkets and there from open to close right at the entrance…
Hmmm, and yet we’re being encouraged to give up cash. A bit difficult for charity collectors.

Hmmm, and yet we’re being encouraged to give up cash. A bit difficult for charity collectors.
They have QR codes so you just scan and donate

Phwooooarrrr.

I deliberately kept my cat out of the area, didn't need it tearing the bird to pieces in the back room, there's carpet there!

Is your cat feral by any chance?

It's likely only tin shakers at intersections where it's cash only donations

In terms of those at shopping centres, they'd likely have QR codes available for scanning to donate via digital means

And for the best part is a decade, there's been a couple of companies that have developed portable 'tap & go' ETPOS machines that are commonly used by charities or not-for-profit organisations - the one most commonly in use has a set donation amount, but the charity would be able to have that set at the figure they want - $5, $10 or $20 etc, and if they want it changed it can done via the program it's connected to & you just reset the device

There's another company that was providing similar devices, but they were developing the ability to have flexible payment amounts so that you could vary it on the spot depending on the donation

Back