Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

I generally don't buy clothes that need ironing. I just don't want to iron. I care not for the odd crease.

I used to iron my office shirts, and Mrs Post (as she was back then) was definitely not allowed within cooee of my naval uniform.

Now I'm back in an office job after a hiatus of several years, the iron remains in the cupboard and I have learned that taking them out of the wash, buttoning them up and putting them on a plastic coathanger on the clothesline achieves almost the same results, with the added benefit that I bring them inside and straight into the wardrobe.

Office in a bank.

Guy in the cubicle opposite, quietly to himself:

"All we hear is
Radio gaga
Radio googoo
Radio gaga"

View attachment 1921899

"All we hear is
Radio gaga
Radio googoo
Radio gaga"

On and on and ******* on. In the end I stood up and yelled, "Bloody right that's all we hear!!!"

Not the thing to do in a hushed banking environment surrounded by cardiganed old biddies, but he got the drift.

Craig was his name. If you see him, punch the *er for me.
I don't remember that bit in the book.

Simply Energy (about to become Engie (who?)).

Signed up last month, been eagerly awaiting the first bill.*

View the summary on their website, click on the "view detailed PDF" button, brings it up. Go to save it, it saves as a .htm that refuses to display. It's not a .PDF at all, it's an on-the-fly .aspx PDF viewer piece of shit that you can't interact with or save or access the underlying PDF. My PDF. The one I want to save. Arsebastards.

Have to wait for it to eventually appear via email.

* Eagerly awaited, as they promised a $200 welcome credit. With the solar feed-in, bill was only $10something so we are now $189 in credit. :thumbsupv1:

I used to iron my office shirts, and Mrs Post (as she was back then) was definitely not allowed within cooee of my naval uniform.

Now I'm back in an office job after a hiatus of several years, the iron remains in the cupboard and I have learned that taking them out of the wash, buttoning them up and putting them on a plastic coathanger on the clothesline achieves almost the same results, with the added benefit that I bring them inside and straight into the wardrobe.
Has anyone got a clothes steamer?

It’s why I wear polos at work, so much easier!

I generally don't buy clothes that need ironing. I just don't want to iron. I care not for the odd crease.

I don’t own an iron, so bad luck if something needs ironing

passthepride GIF by Pepsi

Same, I don't wear linen, I'm a contractor who works from home, and I'm good enough at what I do that IDGAF about wearing jeans and a wrestling tshirt or a band tshirt when I occasionally have to do face to face meetings. Would've been over a decade since I've owned an iron.

depending on who it is and what they bring, we just pay people out rather than have them do their notification period - waste of space and energy and potentially toxic
I am still doing a fair bit of work, and it's more letting everyone know that the one person they rely on, ie me, will be gone and they'll need to focus on a rocky transition period.

I wouldn't have minded a bit of gardening leave, but there is no point with me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People try to bring others down all the time. My wife who holds a very public job in our region has this one old guy who just berates everything she does and the business she is involved in. So frustrating as I can’t be an arseh*le back (online)due to the position she’s in as it would be seen as negative.

Bought 4 tubes of toothpaste because it was 50% off and then realised that it’s 50% off because it tastes revolting
I did this with some fancy looking protein powder at the supermarket.
Mixing it with my existing Bulk Nutrients stuff elevates it to "passable"

I did this with some fancy looking protein powder at the supermarket.
Mixing it with my existing Bulk Nutrients stuff elevates it to "passable"

Ah did the same, usually go with Musashi which is about $50 a pop, strolling through Woolies saw a protein powder for less then half of that, same amount of protein thought "why not"...........now I know...........tastes like Sex Panther from Anchorman.

I'm looking at the AFL fixture ahead and half the stadium names have been changed. Stadium naming rights are stupid - they cheapen the venue's image and rip out a piece of its identity and soul, since they chop and change with the commercial winds.

Places are important in our lives, especially places that bring joy to generations of people watching sport. They need a firm identity that doesn't change.

I quietly started going to the gym this week for the first time since before COVID. Didn't tell anyone, I just thought I'd make it habitual and get in better shape before making a big deal of it.

I'm 4 days and 3 trips in and I'm already hurt. I met with the PT, I've got a program that he's given me... but I think I'm unconsciously compensating for my old back injury, cos my hip on the same side is buggered tonight. (A proper old man injury :( )

Not sure if i've posted this before but the endless need for engineers, and designers who have decided to automate and digitize everything.

Audi cars have an automated seat, and a boot release that takes an insanely stupid amount of time to adjust and open. Audio controls on cars now require you to hold down a button to go from a low volume of say 7, to 53. In the old days I used to simply turn a knob and get to the volume instantly. Just like the seat controls, a lever is far more efficient than holding a ****ing button.

When did these ****wits decide this was in our best interest. ITs sub optimal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back