Society & Culture Things you do/did that you probably think no one else does

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

if something good happens and I'm on my own i'll pretend there is a hidden camera somewhere and give a thumbs up or a wink at it.
1_1425470393.gif

when speaking to service attendants in the hospitality, food, entertainment industries i like to say the persons name with who i am engaging in often. for example, mcdonalds drive through, i thank the attendant by name after receiving order.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

when speaking to service attendants in the hospitality, food, entertainment industries i like to say the persons name with who i am engaging in often. for example, mcdonalds drive through, i thank the attendant by name after receiving order.

There was a time where that would be polite, now days you are just a ******* weirdo ;)

add words to tv show or movie titles for extra oomph, for example The Game of the Thrones.

pronounce ethnic names in non anglicised manner - example being jose maria olazabal (hose-say maria ola-thar-bal), maria sharapova (maria shar-a-puv-a), muttiah muralidharan (muttiah murili-du-ran)

add words to tv show or movie titles for extra oomph, for example The Game of the Thrones.

I like to pronounce shows and movies wrong on purpose, or substitute words. Game of Thrones becomes Game of Frones. Silicon Valley becomes Silly-C*** Valley. Big Bang Theory becomes Bug Bong Theory. Supernatural becomes Stupid Natural. QI becomes Kwee.

I like to pronounce shows and movies wrong on purpose, or substitute words. Game of Thrones becomes Game of Frones. Silicon Valley becomes Silly-C*** Valley. Big Bang Theory becomes Bug Bong Theory. Supernatural becomes Stupid Natural. QI becomes Kwee.

But, why ?

Do you do it for fun or for some other reason?

pronounce ethnic names in non anglicised manner - example being jose maria olazabal (hose-say maria ola-thar-bal), maria sharapova (maria shar-a-puv-a), muttiah muralidharan (muttiah murili-du-ran)
That's just pronouncing names properly isn't it? I wouldn't have thought that would be unusual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back