Third Test Australia v Pakistan Jan 3-7 1000hrs @ the SCG

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Well he did king hit Joe Root, but I think it mainly stems from underperforming in England and then being entitled enough to declare his own retirement match a year in advance during a time when many people believed he should have been dropped already.
Root was over 10 years ago. s**t happens. If they keep picking him then he can say when he is going, and he did.

People shitting Warner and Candice, but they are obviously doing a reasonable job of keeping the kids from putting themselves on a pedestal. I love how the middle one still gets excited by something as simple as being on the big screen.
It's a good thing. Let the kids decide when they're old enough if they want the fame.

yeah that sums it up..

gun in Aussie conditions struggled away

good player but not great
He is an Aussie great, a tier below the Smith, Ponting types but his overall record for Australia is still incredible. The haters just can't hide in a corner for one day. The most obsessive unhinged sport fans in this Country.

Root was over 10 years ago. s**t happens. If they keep picking him then he can say when he is going, and he did.
If people don't like it, they can express their opinion. I honestly think he's justified his selection by performing better than the alternatives would anyway, including in the last Ashes. Doesn't mean other people have to like it.

yeah that sums it up..

gun in Aussie conditions struggled away

good player but not great
Warner's overseas record was punctuated by a lack of 100s. He only made 6 less scores of 50+ than he did at home. Problem was only 6 of the overseas ones went on to be 100 whereas 20 did at home.

Overseas batting did get alot worse the last few years though.

Warner will be most remembered most as a great all format player. A very good Test player but certainly a great all format player.

So Smith to open seems to be gaining traction, imagine he finishes his career opening the batting and avging 50+ when the team needs it, would absolutely cement him as GOAT (exc Don)

I love it tbh, Green to slot in at 4.
Only reason I don't want Smith there is that he is 35 in June. Remember too that Ussie is 38 next series. We need to look forward there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is an Aussie great, a tier below the Smith, Ponting types but his overall record for Australia is still incredible. The haters just can't hide in a corner for one day. The most obsessive unhinged sport fans in this Country.

I say this as somebody who is neither here nor there but stop putting anyone who doesn’t think he is a great in the ‘hater’ category/

You don’t have to hate someone to not think they are a great, when the data suggests their status as a ‘great’ is very very suspect

I say this as somebody who is neither here nor there but stop putting anyone who doesn’t think he is a great in the ‘hater’ category/

You don’t have to hate someone to not think they are a great, when the data suggests their status as a ‘great’ is very very suspect
I am talking about the same poster in here who have had nothing but personal attacks on him.

Also to suggest he is not a great of Australian cricket (which i said) means you are a hater or stupid. He is our best limited overs player of all time, 2nd all time on international runs scored for the Country and has been an integral part of multiple world cup wins.

To suggest he is just a good player is a ridiculous statement.

So Smith to open seems to be gaining traction, imagine he finishes his career opening the batting and avging 50+ when the team needs it, would absolutely cement him as GOAT (exc Don)

I love it tbh, Green to slot in at 4.
What has Green shown (with the bat only) that he can be trusted to perform at 4? Hes all rounder and needs to win his spot back first

Nah I don't buy into the staggered retirement rubbish, they can all go at once if performances are average.
Seen the history of all going at once? It's been a disaster. Took us years after losing Lillee, Chappell and Marsh all at once. Rubbish, i don't think so. Seriously! Has to be gradual.

You know what they say about history. Those who don't take note of history are doomed to repeat it.

What has Green shown (with the bat only) that he can be trusted to perform at 4? Hes all rounder and needs to win his spot back first
Yeah the thing concerning about that move is if he is going to bat 4 the expectations change, he needs to make more runs. Will probably have his bowling suffer a little if that is the case. I am not dead against it but a lot of people are just assuming he is going to nail that spot if it is awarded to him.

Back