Media This place is beginning to jump the shark

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the whole premise of this whinge is a little misleading, to be honest, there are not 26 people on the committee determining what happens with the SFA. There is one backup person per club who is able to view the committee threads, yes, but those people can't post in discussions and don't vote on anything.

In the event that something happens where a club representative suddenly disappears you have someone who is able to step up and actually knows what is going on and isn't suddenly thrown into the deep end with no clue of how anything works. I fail to see anything at all negative in this.
It would seem to me that this means that things could continue to run in a smooth manner if the backup was ever required to step in.

Sharing the load isn't a bad thing and I haven't heard complaints coming from any captains regarding their workload anyway, I'm aware that there are some newer captains who may need clear direction over what is required of them, but I thought that would be expected. We all want people to step up to take responsibility to ensure the future viability of the league but wait for the opportunity to be critical if they need more help or make a mistake. Making people's jobs easier isn't a bad thing.

If you want to grow the league then you have to allow it to evolve, how it was run 5 years ago isn't necessarily the best way for things to be run today.

You say that the number of rookies joining the league has fallen recently, obviously, there is a need to find new ways to encourage people to join the SFA.
If the way things have always been done isn't working in this regard then canvas ideas from some of the more recent additions to the league, they may come up with some ideas that you have never before considered.

You need to explore every avenue and if that means the way the league operates changes well so be it.

Brilliant reply stop making sense.
Any chance you could replace Jabba73. You get you point across without sooking.

Why do you need to fold it? Because some people may be jaded? There are plenty who are interested in seeing the league continue and who enjoy it.

I just think it has run it’s race. Hardly any new comers so maybe we’ve maxed out?

I just think it’s run it’s race. Hardly any new comers so maybe we’ve maxed out?
We still managed to recruit 6 rookies this year so I'm not sure that is entirely right.

I was told often for years to fold and jump ship, why not fold the league, some of us need to learn how to swim...

Maybe it can be the DGFA.
Please inform me if this post is in support of mine or against it so that I can react accordingly via the "react" functionality.

Name three.
Raise Hand GIF by Nick Jonas

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whatever it was, a request or whatever, not serious.

whatever…. I think you made some good points about recruiting new players. It has separately occured to me that a group could work on recruitment campaigns for the SFA as a whole. This would not limit any Club.

But I think your idea is better. Could I suggest you get a small PM together of newish and older posters with an interest/skill in recruiting., Dingster for one

Thank you NaturalDisaster for making a thread about my rule :hearteyes:
I wouldn’t thank ND, he ignored calling it by name and overall he’s questioning the rule itself. Without you disappearing for weeks leaving the Gumbies with no committee room voice and forcing Falconista to incorrectly submit a squad list getting himself likely suspended in the process we wouldn’t have the DenieD rule

whatever…. I think you made some good points about recruiting new players. It has separately occured to me that a group could work on recruitment campaigns for the SFA as a whole. This would not limit any Club.

But I think your idea is better. Could I suggest you get a small PM together of newish and older posters with an interest/skill in recruiting., Dingster for one
I'd be happy to explore that and definitely a mix of some recent additions to the league who are keen and a few more experienced heads would be desirable in my opinion.

I wouldn’t thank ND, he ignored calling it by name and overall he’s questioning the rule itself. Without you disappearing for weeks leaving the Gumbies with no committee room voice and forcing Falconista to incorrectly submit a squad list getting himself likely suspended in the process we wouldn’t have the DenieD rule
My question would be why didn't we have something in place to deal with this sort of contingency before this situation arose? People suddenly disappearing from an internet site isn't all too rare, I have seen it many times before. Regardless, the provision for a sudden replacement is now there, so that's a good thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back