Banter Tigers Fans = Special Breed

Remove this Banner Ad

I put some money in their tin. Ungrateful.

The past few pages have just been weird. Banter threads are for when everyone is high on anticipation and nerves and bravado. Who tries to banter after a humiliating loss? Special breed indeed.

Anyway, I'm happy to walk down memory lane if they are. There's a moment in the replay, late in the fourth quarter, when Houli butchers a pass and Sammy kicks it back for Higgins to mark inside 50 - you can see their hearts breaking. (Actually you can see them flooding towards the exits.)

I4fW84d.jpg
Surely fake, I see Cotchin aka 'M.I.A'

I put some money in their tin. Ungrateful.

The past few pages have just been weird. Banter threads are for when everyone is high on anticipation and nerves and bravado. Who tries to banter after a humiliating loss? Special breed indeed.

Anyway, I'm happy to walk down memory lane if they are. There's a moment in the replay, late in the fourth quarter, when Houli butchers a pass and Sammy kicks it back for Higgins to mark inside 50 - you can see their hearts breaking. (Actually you can see them flooding towards the exits.)

My favourite part was when it clicked for them that they were going to lose, about 5 mins from time and they were a shambles scrambling to do something, anything.

It was fun watching them knowing they were cooked.

You bet. Pearler.

I like the fact that your happy to remain here, well i doubt "happy" is the right word, some residual anger on both sides from the last few days... well also that's not really correct either, has been longer but has been flared over the last few days.

You really have done well to deal with that hatred that has been shown towards you due to some of the less mature tigs that have graced us with their presence. I have realised i can learn alot by how you have acted, as my actions haven't really been... lets go with "controlled".

I like the fact that your happy to remain here, well i doubt "happy" is the right word, some residual anger on both sides from the last few days... well also that's not really correct either, has been longer but has been flared over the last few days.

You really have done well to deal with that hatred that has been shown towards you due to some of the less mature tigs that have graced us with their presence. I have realised i can learn alot by how you have acted, as my actions haven't really been... lets go with "controlled".
It's not like being assaulted on the street or losing a loved one in an attack. I just can't see how I could get angry at "posts". If anything I'm probably in the wrong for not being passionate enough. I question my feelings walking away from EF loses and barely caring, the thirteen year old be would be ashamed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not like being assaulted on the street or losing a loved one in an attack. I just can't see how I could get angry at "posts". If anything I'm probably in the wrong for not being passionate enough. I question my feelings walking away from EF loses and barely caring, the thirteen year old be would be ashamed.

well your a better man than me in that light, i take lots of things personally :p i tend to lose the plot easily when i see people attacking us from their keyboard, even when it's not directed at me... so i take the approach of "fine ill show you that i can be just as immature as you" i have alot of confidence in my ability to act like a moran because of other people's irrelvant words.

i personally can't understand how losses like that can't affect you... i remember the loss to adelaide where they kicked 5 or 6 goals to beat us from a 30+ point lead. i literally sat staring at the TV for probably half an hour unable to believe what just happened, i was shattered for days at what i witnessed, truthfully i don't think ive actually recovered from that game.

well your a better man than me in that light, i take lots of things personally :p i tend to lose the plot easily when i see people attacking us from their keyboard, even when it's not directed at me... so i take the approach of "fine ill show you that i can be just as immature as you" i have alot of confidence in my ability to act like a moran because of other people's irrelvant words.

i personally can't understand how losses like that can't affect you... i remember the loss to adelaide where they kicked 5 or 6 goals to beat us from a 30+ point lead. i literally sat staring at the TV for probably half an hour unable to believe what just happened, i was shattered for days at what i witnessed, truthfully i don't think ive actually recovered from that game.
I appreciate your passion.

So just little synopsis of how the mainboard is going in regards to North/Richmond....

North's last premiership was in 1996 and the poster in question was steadfast on this. When corrected, the poster in question then tried to back peddle by claiming it was North's last premierships because we used the 'Kangaroos' nickname a bit more than the conventional name in 1999. Despite this, the North Melbourne name remained on the logo, guernsey and lyrics when the players sung the song.

Another moron claimed that VFL Premierships are harder to win than AFL Premierships and therefor carry more weight. There are more teams, more games, more traveling and more physical demand (All year professional athletes...not part time Footballers) on teams/players in today's game. To me it's a non-dispute....but try rationalising that to an idiot :/

and finally this http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...north-melbourne.1121063/page-22#post-42956419

You drink enough beer you lose brain cells.....it's kinda like a Richmond supporter posting on Bigfooty.....

So just little synopsis of how the mainboard is going in regards to North/Richmond....

North's last premiership was in 1996 and the poster in question was steadfast on this. When corrected, the poster in question then tried to back peddle by claiming it was North's last premierships because we used the 'Kangaroos' nickname a bit more than the conventional name in 1999. Despite this, the North Melbourne name remained on the logo, guernsey and lyrics when the players sung the song.

Another moron claimed that VFL Premierships are harder to win than AFL Premierships and therefor carry more weight. There are more teams, more games, more traveling and more physical demand (All year professional athletes...not part time Footballers) on teams/players in today's game. To me it's a non-dispute....but try rationalising that to an idiot :/

and finally this http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...north-melbourne.1121063/page-22#post-42956419

You drink enough beer you lose brain cells.....it's kinda like a Richmond supporter posting on Bigfooty.....
It pains me that one of my sons has something in common with the mutant inbreds that appears to be most Richmond supporters; his support of the Tigers is an ongoing source of frustration and shame.

i remember the loss to adelaide where they kicked 5 or 6 goals to beat us from a 30+ point lead. i literally sat staring at the TV for probably half an hour unable to believe what just happened, i was shattered for days at what i witnessed, truthfully i don't think ive actually recovered from that game.

Went to that game with two Croweaters and I refused to leave the ground with them. Just sat there after the siren for quite a while, thinking about life, and what the point of it all is.
I noticed a young boy across the aisle, tears streaming. I so desperately wanted to comfort the child, give him a hug and say it'll all be fine. I really didn't feel like getting arrested so I let him be.

Went to that game with two Croweaters and I refused to leave the ground with them. Just sat there after the siren for quite a while, thinking about life, and what the point of it all is.
I noticed a young boy across the aisle, tears streaming. I so desperately wanted to comfort the child, give him a hug and say it'll all be fine. I really didn't feel like getting arrested so I let him be.

Ahhh the old will the parents blame me for the crying child

The salary cap, drafting, limited lists, being unable to upgrade your team with a mid season trade........it's a non argument.

It pains me that one of my sons has something in common with the mutant inbreds that appears to be most Richmond supporters; his support of the Tigers is an ongoing source of frustration and shame.

And you should be taking advantage of his stubbornness. Educating him on the upsides for following North and downsides to following the dumb ass Tigers. Let him know that 'NOW is the time' to get onboard without regret'. See history in the making with Boomer Harvey. Know there is a possibility that watching father-son play within his lifetime… his father (you) brings a wealth of benefits to following North whereas following a frustrating and 'overrated team' is asking for further punishment and abandonment.

Standing on the outside looking in.. uh- Oh!! :p

I thought that was Conca? Either way, it's piss funny.

Oh this bump has brought back so many memories of not just last September but so many great wins we have had over these soft pricks.

In a lot of those games they have had a false dawn by leading at some stage lol.

Especially in last round in 96 when they needed a win to make the finals , McCartney game, finals game in 95.

Oh the laughs - I love these guys

Remove this Banner Ad

Back