Game Day Match Sim - Roos v Tigers - Arden St - 10am

Remove this Banner Ad

I was looking at some games in 2014-2017 era, and we had some incredible firepower up forward:

M.Wood Petrie Harvey
Waite Brown Thomas

+throw in Daw for good measure. That is one sick forward setup.
We had a truly dangerous forward line. Don't forget Higgins, JZ and Cunners when they went forward. Equally as deadly at times.

If the stopper went to Petrie, Waite and Brown would get going. If they went to Waite, Petrie and Brown would get going. Then when Petrie retired, if they went to Brown, it was Waite off the leash etc.

We were hard to matchup against up forward if we were switched on in the middle. Waite's start to the 2016 season before injury was just about his career-best. I think everything that came towards him stuck to his hands. They double and triple-teamed him and that wasn't enough.

I felt like Boomer didn't kick as many goals as he could've because his ball use was crucial up the field when our mids rested. So it was always going to be difficult to keep him forward permanently because he was still a ball magnet even in his last season! Averaging 20+ disposals that season at 38 is incredible.

I think Thomas is criminally underrated. He is our last player that could crumb a pack consistently. Very dangerous forward when playing on instinct. Carlton shivered when he played against them. Wood I didn't really rate as highly because his consistency was just all over the place. Would have a great month playing nice footy then go missing then play a few good games then go missing. It was a tease. He fits St Kilda perfectly.

Daw's ability was vastly improved when he played intercept defender down back. He seemed to gain a lot more confidence in his ability to take grabs and read plays. When he went forward, he looked more ominous and his goal kicking looked a lot better around that time. I also think Garner was a wildcard because the kid had so much talent but couldn't get on the park. Strong hands, could kick goals effortlessly, classy and was just overall a nice player.

Aaron Black's 2013 season is so underrated. Beautiful set shot, could kick them on the run and was a mobile forward even though he was a tall! My favourite game of his was the Boomer 350th. I swear he had every Saints defender go to him and none of them could stop him. Just a freak footballer that yet again got crucified by injuries.

Reminiscing this stuff is making me shake my head because it was truly bizarre how you can have all that firepower but not get close enough for a flag :(.

We had a truly dangerous forward line. Don't forget Higgins, JZ and Cunners when they went forward. Equally as deadly at times.

Reminiscing this stuff is making me shake my head because it was truly bizarre how you can have all that firepower but not get close enough for a flag :(.
1677530080864.png

Hey gang,

Final stats from Friday’s game against the Tigers. I’m very comfortable with the accuracy of these stats, except for a few occasions on the broadcast where the play on the boundary line was obscured by that bloody pole.

Disposals, marks and goals included. Didn’t do tackles, clearances, etc. because I couldn’t be arsed.

2 Stephenson
6 disposals (5 kicks, 1 handball)

3 Sheezel
17 disposals (10 kicks, 7 handballs)
3 goals
2 marks

7 Ziebell
23 disposals (15 kicks, 8 handballs)
5 marks

8 Scott
13 disposals (6 kicks, 7 handballs)
2 marks

9 Davies-Uniacke
31 disposals (18 kicks, 13 handballs)
7 marks

11 McDonald
14 disposals (12 kicks, 2 handballs)
2 marks

14 Shiels
13 disposals (7 kicks, 6 handballs)
3 marks

16 Bonar
7 disposals (4 kicks, 3 handballs)
2 marks

17 Young (Sub)
8 disposals (3 kicks, 5 handballs)
1 mark

19 Logue
3 disposals (3 kicks)
2 marks

20 Larkey
5 disposals (4 kicks, 1 handball)
2 goals
2 marks

21 Coleman-Jones
13 disposals (4 kicks, 9 handballs)
3 marks

23 McKay
6 disposals (2 kicks, 4 handballs)

24 Powell
17 disposals (8 kicks, 9 handballs)
2 marks

25 Curtis
10 disposals (6 kicks, 4 handballs)
3 marks

27 Bergman
4 disposals (3 kicks, 1 handball)

28 Turner
12 disposals (6 kicks, 6 handballs)
1 goal
2 marks

29 Phillips
19 disposals (7 kicks, 12 handballs)

30 Comben
6 disposals (4 kicks, 2 handballs)
2 goals
2 marks

31 Goater
2 marks

38 Xerri
2 marks

39 Perez
13 disposals (9 kicks, 4 handballs)
2 marks

40 Ford
3 disposals (3 kicks)
1 goal
4 marks

44 Zurhaar
17 disposals (12 kicks, 5 handballs)
1 goal
1 mark

Hey gang,

Final stats from Friday’s game against the Tigers. I’m very comfortable with the accuracy of these stats, except for a few occasions on the broadcast where the play on the boundary line was obscured by that bloody pole.

Disposals, marks and goals included. Didn’t do tackles, clearances, etc. because I couldn’t be arsed.

2 Stephenson
6 disposals (5 kicks, 1 handball)

3 Sheezel
17 disposals (10 kicks, 7 handballs)
3 goals
2 marks

7 Ziebell
23 disposals (15 kicks, 8 handballs)
5 marks

8 Scott
13 disposals (6 kicks, 7 handballs)
2 marks

9 Davies-Uniacke
31 disposals (18 kicks, 13 handballs)
7 marks

11 McDonald
14 disposals (12 kicks, 2 handballs)
2 marks

14 Shiels
13 disposals (7 kicks, 6 handballs)
3 marks

16 Bonar
7 disposals (4 kicks, 3 handballs)
2 marks

17 Young (Sub)
1 mark

19 Logue
3 disposals (3 kicks)
2 marks

20 Larkey
5 disposals (4 kicks, 1 handball)
2 goals
2 marks

21 Coleman-Jones
13 disposals (4 kicks, 9 handballs)
3 marks

23 McKay
6 disposals (2 kicks, 4 handballs)

24 Powell
17 disposals (8 kicks, 9 handballs)
2 marks

25 Curtis
10 disposals (6 kicks, 4 handballs)
3 marks

27 Bergman
4 disposals (3 kicks, 1 handball)

28 Turner
1 goal
2 marks

29 Phillips
19 disposals (7 kicks, 12 handballs)

30 Comben
6 disposals (4 kicks, 2 handballs)
2 goals
2 marks

31 Goater
2 marks

38 Xerri
2 marks

39 Perez
13 disposals (9 kicks, 4 handballs)
2 marks

40 Ford
3 disposals (3 kicks)
1 goal
4 marks

44 Zurhaar
17 disposals (12 kicks, 5 handballs)
1 goal
1 mark

Eddie had more marks than disposals?

did a quick add up and the total disposals i came up with his 270, seems light but could be near right.
thanks anyways
As TheBigHorne said, much shorter game time and due to the windy conditions we tended to go longer instead of holding possession through shorter kicks or handball chains.

There were a low amount of marks taken for that reason too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back