Game Day Intraclub- Roos v Roos Sat Feb 18th -Arden St

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we're all waiting to see what the hype about Edwards was based on, but as for big Hamish, it's going to be tough ask to build a career at 24 when he (almost literally) can't kick
He literally can’t kick,how on earth did he get drafted

Best 22 based on yesterdays availability & performance:

FB - McDonald - McKay - Ziebell
HB - Perez - Logue - Sheezel
C - Scott - Cunnington - Simpkin
FOL - Goldstein - Davies-Uniacke - Powell
HF - Curtis - Comben - Ford
FF - Zurhaar - Larkey - Turner

IC - Coleman-Jones/Xerri (flip a coin) - Phillips - Greenwood - Howe
SUB - Stephenson

Tucker, Thomas, Taylor, Corr, Shiels, Hall, Goater, Wardlaw (I’m sure I’ve forgot someone) all to come in based on injury.

Last edited:

I would be not against Turner starting based on yesterday (which is a complete surprise). Seems to have reinvented himself and looked a lot cleaner with the ball.

Not sure if it's just me but the boys seem to be better at everything this time around. Still a bit sloppy but there's a lot to like already.

NFI doubt as much as some BF posters have been saying McKay is worth.

Not having a shot at McKay fyi. Just I think Logue will be better.

That is t a bad thing
No fullback is worth 800+ Prime Steven May isn’t worth that.

Even prime Matty Scarlett isnt worth 800k in today’s era.

I would be not against Turner starting based on yesterday (which is a complete surprise). Seems to have reinvented himself and looked a lot cleaner with the ball.

Not sure if it's just me but the boys seem to be better at everything this time around. Still a bit sloppy but there's a lot to like already.
I don’t think anyone can really justify him not being in the side if we have the same availability as yesterday. That’s coming from someone (me) who doesn’t particularly want him in the 22, but it’s just undeniable.

Might change when Tarryn/Goater come back and Sheez goes full time forward, however we need a pressure focused forward and KT probably the only one that will do it consistently of those available.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best 22 based on yesterdays availability & performance:

FB - McDonald - McKay - Ziebell
HB - Perez - Logue - Sheezel
C - Scott - Cunnington - Simpkin
FOL - Goldstein - Davies-Uniacke - Powell
HF - Curtis - Comben - Ford
FF - Zurhaar - Larkey - Turner

IC - Coleman-Jones/Xerri (flip a coin) - Phillips - Greenwood - Howe
SUB - Stephenson

Tucker, Thomas, Taylor, Corr, Shiels, Hall, Goater, Wardlaw (I’m sure I’ve forgot someone) all to come in based on injury.
based on what I saw yesterday, Stevo would be lucky to be sub. Didn't get much of it and when he did he had a few turnovers.

The bloke kicked 40+ goals in his first year, we should just park him in the F50 and see what he can do as a medium forward.

How good is it to have midfielders who don’t just try to hack the ball forward. LDU, Phillips, Powell, Cunnington, Sheezel and even baby Boomer all have the ability to create space out of stoppage with quick hands and/or some shake-and-bake shimmy that opens them up for a more thoughtfully placed kick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Game plan ? Zero . Zilch . Nada?!
Did not see anything different compared to last year…
You thought today was the day to practice / execute something in that regard but ….
Noble or Patch could have been coaching today out there & u would not have noticed the difference….
Cant See Cheech Marin GIF

He literally can’t kick,how on earth did he get drafted
I think the rationale is acceptable; they took the bloke they rated as the best available mature age ruck, and on that basis Hamish serves two list structure purposes - first, keeps pressure on CCJ and Xerri, and second, allows Edwards to play forward in the VFL, because if he (Edwards) is going to make a career, it will be more as a forward-ruck than the other way around.

He was sneaky good. Kept the ball moving out of the backline with run and positioning. Accurate with his kicks too. Not quite the x-factor that Hall or T-gangsta would provide off hb, but would make a good duo with one of those 2.
Dual sided and a long penetrating kick too. Bergman played a similar role.

CCJ has apparently entered into top tier whipping boy territory around here. I'm only catching up on the game now and hit the end of the first quarter - he's easily been in the best 3 players on the field. He could stink it up for the next 3, but at the very least he's shown what he's capable of as a tall link-up target around the ground.

EDIT: First inside 50 of the 2nd quarter, he outmarks McKay in a genuine one-on-one which RARELY happens at AFL level and then kicks the goal.

How is anyone shitting on him?

CCJ has apparently entered into top tier whipping boy territory around here. I'm only catching up on the game now and hit the end of the first quarter - he's easily been in the best 3 players on the field. He could stink it up for the next 3, but at the very least he's shown what he's capable of as a tall link-up target around the ground.

EDIT: First inside 50 of the 2nd quarter, he outmarks McKay in a genuine one-on-one which RARELY happens at AFL level and then kicks the goal.

How is anyone shitting on him?

One of my main takes out of the day was how solid a unit he is, how hard he hits packs and how hard he worked to make a contest and provide an option working up the ground.

You really need to be on the boundary to see the force at which he hits packs to create a contest.

Another notable point was his direction with the younger blokes like Cooper and Sheezel regarding starting positions and zones and directing teammates to setup.

If he kicked straight and ended up with 4 it would be a different discussion.

I don’t expect him to be playing round 1, I expect Goldy 1 out with Chom as backup. I think it is impossible to go into a game with Larkey, Chom and CCJ forward. It is too much of a negative hit to rotations to have 2 ruckman both at 50% game time without impacting everyone else and I also think it is beneficial to have a hybrid type as a sub and not a lumbering tall.

I just love the fact we have Xerri main ruck in the VFL, CCJ key forward in the VFL and completion on spots in the seniors and different options for once. It will allow Edwards to either make it as a forward without excuses and backup in the ruck with Free should Goldy need a rest. Without jinxing anyone, also creates somewhat of an insurance policy should Chom breakdown or Goldy start to age.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Phillips just has an awkward kicking style which I’m not certain will stand up at AFL level. I thought he actually played well yesterday tbh, simply an observation.

Powell, Curtis, Comben, The Bald Hero all were good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back