Game Day Intraclub- Roos v Roos Sat Feb 18th -Arden St

Remove this Banner Ad

I wrote Greenwood off but he surprised me…moving a lot better than last year, not even wearing strap.

He looks so natural up forward. Moves to the right spots, clunks everything and converts. I think Russell said he has kicked 10-12 goals in the 3-4 match sims and intra today.

Greenwood is going to be handy this year. Clear as day he wasn’t right last year and he was brought in to compliment Cunners, not replace him.

I wrote Greenwood off but he surprised me…moving a lot better than last year, not even wearing strap.

He looks so natural up forward. Moves to the right spots, clunks everything and converts. I think Russell said he has kicked 10-12 goals in the 3-4 match sims and intra today.

A full pre season and injury free makes all the difference.

Those lights at etihad though..

No one wants to go and watch a team that gets ******* floggd every week. I even chose to work instead of going to the footy. I don’t know about you but im not a masochist during saturday and sunday arvo’s
I was there for most games in Melbourne, it was really depressing though. I don't get any more coin for working on the weekend so that wasn't a good option either.

Sheezel was only in the middle for a little bit but you immediately see the Pendlebury comparison. He looked a lot better up forward and in the middle but that might just be the lack of experience down back.

Those lights at etihad though..

No one wants to go and watch a team that gets ******* floggd every week. I even chose to work instead of going to the footy. I don’t know about you but im not a masochist during saturday and sunday arvo’s
Tbf, my 9 y/o's highlight of an nmfc game last year was the goal lights of each game. He'd be basically hoping for the goals so the lights would go nuts. Little wins I suppose. The lights and non-game BS aren't for us they're for the kids.

Based on today the keys to our improved performance this year from last year from a personnel pov are

Logue - backline leader aka May for Dee. Classy
Cunners - welcome back, looked hungry - A grade inside mid
Powell - fitter and stronger than last year, needs midfield time
Wifi - developing but such a smooth mover and composed with ball in hand
Greenwood - maybe it’s the full pre season but he looked so much better today than at any time last year. Must find a bench spot for him
Xerri - 22ho, 13 possessions and 2 goals. 3 years away from his best footy but I’m Backing him in over CCJ In the long run.
Comben - Just needs a couple of seasons where he plays 15-20 games. Has elite leap and marking skills.
Curtis - will thrive with better entries in,
side 50

Players I don’t think will be on our list in 2025 when we are aiming for finals

• Bonar tries had but not a natural defender and don’t know where else he could play
  • Sleevo - reminds me of Ben Simmons, lost the ability to play instinctively and doubts himself. In a word Timid.
-Spicer - there’s a small forward spot there if he wants it and he looked stronger than last year. Just not convinced he can embrace the physical pressure of the contest in spite of obvious natural skills.
  • Edwards - seems to lack hunger and desire to impact the contest.
  • Lazzaro - seems a great fella but lacks elite skills in any area
  • CCJ - not quite a ruck and s**t kick for goal means no as a forward.
  • Thomas - not many guys make Bont look like a park footballer but if he continues his current trajectory theres zero chance Clarko will want him at the club
  • McDonald - big call but watching him today I just don't see him having the elite disposal skill needed for hbf and he’s slow So can’t play on the small forward.
  • Young - not big enough for 3rd tall defender, and not fast enough or good enough a ball user to play anywhere else.

Obvious delists
Free
Shiel
Howe
Turner

Positional switches
Simkin to HBF. With Wardlaw a pure mid on top of our long list of mids i’m wondering if Jy could play back pocket or HBF. So composed and a good user of the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might be, but thought they said on the stream they said Clarko contracted the same guys he did at the hawks.
Unless there was something else that I missed, I think you’re referring to Leading Teams. The guy’s name who heads that up escapes me, but I think that’s what was mentioned.

Was mentioned on the broadcast that Clarko has brought in a 3rd Party organisation that deals with stuff related to organisational identity, culture and running, which he used at the Hawks.

Wonder if this has been something that has been implemented due to suggestions from that org.
Could be, it also suggests that the group lead by Hawaiian Roosy has been booted and replaced with this.

rowan wit GIF

Based on today the keys to our improved performance this year from last year from a personnel pov are

Logue - backline leader aka May for Dee. Classy
Cunners - welcome back, looked hungry - A grade inside mid
Powell - fitter and stronger than last year, needs midfield time
Wifi - developing but such a smooth mover and composed with ball in hand
Greenwood - maybe it’s the full pre season but he looked so much better today than at any time last year. Must find a bench spot for him
Xerri - 22ho, 13 possessions and 2 goals. 3 years away from his best footy but I’m Backing him in over CCJ In the long run.
Comben - Just needs a couple of seasons where he plays 15-20 games. Has elite leap and marking skills.
Curtis - will thrive with better entries in,
side 50

Players I don’t think will be on our list in 2025 when we are aiming for finals

• Bonar tries had but not a natural defender and don’t know where else he could play
  • Sleevo - reminds me of Ben Simmons, lost the ability to play instinctively and doubts himself. In a word Timid.
-Spicer - there’s a small forward spot there if he wants it and he looked stronger than last year. Just not convinced he can embrace the physical pressure of the contest in spite of obvious natural skills.
  • Edwards - seems to lack hunger and desire to impact the contest.
  • Lazzaro - seems a great fella but lacks elite skills in any area
  • CCJ - not quite a ruck and s**t kick for goal means no as a forward.
  • Thomas - not many guys make Bont look like a park footballer but if he continues his current trajectory theres zero chance Clarko will want him at the club
  • McDonald - big call but watching him today I just don't see him having the elite disposal skill needed for hbf and he’s slow So can’t play on the small forward.
  • Young - not big enough for 3rd tall defender, and not fast enough or good enough a ball user to play anywhere else.

Obvious delists
Free
Shiel
Howe
Turner

Positional switches
to HBF. With Wardlaw a pure mid on top of our long list of mids i’m wondering if Jy could play back pocket or HBF. So composed and a good user of the ball.

Jy is many things, but he certainly isn’t a good user of the ball.

If he was, everyone wouldn’t be trying to shoehorn him into other positions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back