Tippett's Gone - READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

Which AFC deserter were/are you most salty towards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I think you are all forgetting that we wanted to keep Armstrong last year but he decided that he wanted to go home to be closer to his family. Its not like we were looking to off-load him to someone. We made him an offer to stay and he played some pretty solid footy for us ladt year once Bicks took over from Craig.

Having said that, Limbs is not going to be a direct swap for Tippett. He might be a throw in but not the basis of the trade. I am not surprised that we are open to bringing limbs back but surely we will do better than that.

I am still hoping hondra is on the money and we end up with pick 4 and the hyphen from Geelong.

i was told today a back up ruck is by far the number one target. They are gutted with giles decision.
I have no clue who they can get now.

They also want a david mckay outside runner if possible. Maybe armstrong is the guy if ghs doesnt want to come.

Im still keeping faith it wont be 22 and armstrong.

I love the passion in these posts. I wish the club would listen to its supporters here.

Effectively a lot of us or the majority of us are saying we are either get a good/even return or just let him go for nothing.

i was told today a back up ruck is by far the number one target. They are gutted with giles decision.

They also want a david mckay outside runner if possible. Maybe armstrong is the guy if ghs doesnt want to come.

Mike Pyke + 22 + Rookie who might be a small forward type...

I love the passion in these posts. I wish the club would listen to its supporters here.

Effectively a lot of us or the majority of us are saying we are either get a good/even return or just let him go for nothing.

Absolutely. :thumbsu:

You can't expect respect if you have no self-respect.

Im hoping karma catches up with Kurt.

You treat someone right and pay them well (and overs) and you get treated like this.

Can you imagine the reception he would get at AAMI or Adelaide Oval each and every time he plays there. lol

It would be worth the ticket to see and hear the abuse.

Surely that can't be serious re Armstrong. :thumbsdown:

He wasn't a regular player with us - just a fill-in here and there....

Very well stated.

Would it be possible to start a petition asking the AF not to accept anything less than what you said?
I would be the first to sign it.

I say.....Sydney/Tippet, go f... yourselves.

Love your signature mate.

BUT - IT DOESNT APPLY TO KURT lol. He will always walk alone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im hoping karma catches up with Kurt.

You treat someone right and pay them well (and overs) and you get treated like this.

Can you imagine the reception he would get at AAMI or Adelaide Oval each and every time he plays there. lol

It would be worth the ticket to see and hear the abuse.
We should send a falcon his way when the ball goes into the crowd; it might break the ice.

Hopefully our recruiters can find someone even from one of the state leagues that can come in and play as a back up in case of injuries.

I really don't like how this trade period is heading for us. It looks like we are holding the losing hand. I'd rather send Tippett to the PSD. Pick 23 (remember 22 will be 23 once Goddard compensation comes) and Armstrong does not help our premiership aspirations next year. Why strengthen one of our main rivals, let Gold Coast have him! I know I'd rather face Sydney in September without Tippett.

The reality is that we don't have the balls to send him to psd. It barely warrants discussion. We will bend over and take 22 + armstrong.

We are weak, we always have been....and we always will be.

This is the sad fact of the matter.

Does anyone suggesting we send him to the PSD actually believe we would? Has there been any one single instance in the entire history of the AFC where we have drawn a line in the sand and said "screw you we're not going to take that s**t"? We are a soft touch. This is well known across the league.

McIntosh maybe an option? He's a handy forward too. Wouldn't be cheap though you wouldn't imagine.
Considering what it's reported Geelong are offering for him (2nd/3rd round pick) you think we'd be able to easily match that. Whether he'd want to come to Adelaide is another thing but he'd be an amazing get considering what he's capable of when he isn't injured.

This thread is like life itself.

Some laughs
Some tears
Some born (Methusalah, Donkey Magoo etc)
Some gone (come back AFGM, remember Lazarus?)

New friends (where are you GC supporters?)
A few enemies (some of the Sydney posters)

Some of us have even found the FAITH.

With each new day and each spare moment, we keep coming back to the rhythm of life.......

I know they have spoken to sydney about half of their squad.
mcintosh from nm to geelong i think too expensive for us.

Hope somehow we get gorringe...unlikely i know.

No one decent is on the trade table, yet they still want Tippett. Jeeebus. You don't give up a player who will make an opposition team even more difficult to beat and get sweet funny's apple in return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back