Tom Boyd vs Jesse Hogan

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Extremely looking forward to Sunday's match between Western Bulldogs and Melbourne which will be the first AFL match that these two play against each other provided Hogan returns.
One of the top 5 key defenders of the league this season in Tom McDonald will provide a great test for Boyd. Whilst in comparison Hogan will have to deal with Talia, Wood amd Co. in the much improved Bulldogs zone defence.
One thing I would like to touch on is that not only are their games different, but also contrasting is the dominant traits of their on field personalities. The outwardly courageous and almost brash will to exert his presence style of Hogan VS the inwardly focused strength of character and stoney eyed determination of Boyd. Both players have physical gifts and footballing talent to be successes but both also have personality traits that, whilst differing in their approaches, both could be as effective in getting them to where they want to go.
Comparisons can be fun but regardless of who is or will be better, I will enjoy watching two emerging young players play our great game.

Think it we be like I said at the start of this-Boyd will play a lot of football Hogan is injury prone mark my words bad shoulders and Knees is not good at 20

Hogan will be twice as good as Boyd.

And Cam McCarthy will be better than both.

He's the next Barry Hall!

All three of them will be very very good.

Shiel should play 250 as well.

He's going to be Richmonds best mid next year and for many years to come :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lmfao. Boyd will be fine, no doubt, but I just enjoy the desperation of some (only some) of the Bulldogs fans to stick it to Hogan. Boyd will be a good forward, why do you actively need Hogan to be bad too?

Don't get me wrong, I think Boyd has a future as a better than average player in the AFL.

But this game just made me lol due to ManOfClay's desparate attempts to compare the two. At the moment, there is no comparison.

Their first ever H2H game:

Boyd: 1 handball, 1 tackle, 3 hitouts (on Jack Fitzpatrick, of all players)
Hogan: 11 kicks, 10 handballs, 9 marks, 1 tackle, 3 goals.

Stop making reactive comments about a 19 year old key forward ya bunch of dickheads. That said I'm not afraid to go off now and say Hogan will be a far far superior player but that's not because I think there is anything wrong with Boyd, Hogan is just already that good and is going to get so much better.

As I've said before, it is getting unfair on Tom Boyd to even entertain a comparison with Jesse Hogan.
Hogan is 'one out of the box'. Boyd has only just progressed beyond NEAFL level. I just don't see a basis for a comparison.
It was never going to end well. This is like the thread where Collingwood supporters were trying to compare Nathan Freeman to past greats of the game.

Stop making reactive comments about a 19 year old key forward ya bunch of dickheads. That said I'm not afraid to go off now and say Hogan will be a far far superior player but that's not because I think there is anything wrong with Boyd, Hogan is just already that good and is going to get so much better.

This.

And for all the dick measuring, Hogan has kicked two more goals than Boyd this year. Both have done the job.

Boyd didn't today though.

Don't get me wrong, I think Boyd has a future as a better than average player in the AFL.

But this game just made me lol due to ManOfClay's desparate attempts to compare the two. At the moment, there is no comparison.

Their first ever H2H game:

Boyd: 1 handball, 1 tackle, 3 hitouts (on Jack Fitzpatrick, of all players)
Hogan: 11 kicks, 10 handballs, 9 marks, 1 tackle, 3 goals.
You're generous with those stats, I have 1 handball and 1 hitout. That's all.

This.

And for all the dick measuring, Hogan has kicked two more goals than Boyd this year. Both have done the job.

Let's keep it real. Hogan has 4 more goals from one less game.

He also has 24 more marks and 39 more disposals from one less game.

Hogan gets the best defender EVERY week and has so since his first game and Boyd gets Fitzy, who was playing his first game for the year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back